Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Any Guzzi riders in SW-VA or east TN ??

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by peters, Sep 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. peters

peters Just got it firing!

Wrote Guzzis in my younger years, Ambassador, Eldorado, Cali T3, Cali II and 850 GT....after 23 years now I scored a VE11 model 1998, nothing fancy but good smooth ride....NOBODY here seems to even be able to spell Moto Guzzi, haha...or even ride or own one...its all Harley country here....wonder if any Guzzi folks are close by in my if anybody knows a place where u can have an older Guzzi fixed if needed.
    Thanks for input, info or only a shout!!!

2. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan GT Reference GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    Living as we do at the top of Virginia, I am not "near" you.

Non-Virginians are often surprised by how long it is from, e.g., Gate City, your home, to Clear Brook, at the state line near me. To save anyone reading this from looking it up, that would be 344 miles, and the state is even a bit longer than that end-to-end.

That said, I ride through that part of the world several times a year, usually on the way to or from Atlanta where we go monthly for a week.

We generally slab it the usual way -- I-81, I-77, & I-85 -- when we cage it, but when I ride or trailer, I often take one of the near-countless secondary (& tertiary) roads down the Appalachian spine.

We are out of country for a bit this month, so next scheduled ride (or trailering :oops:) is mid-to-late October. Maybe we can link up then.

Best,

Bill

3. Trout

Trout GT Reference

Well I'm not close for sure but you still get a Hello from Florida.

Have you thought about joining MGNOC?
    I haven't been a member since the early 80's but you may be able to contact riders in your area.

peters likes this.
  4. peters

Bill

That sounds good, I am all new (again ) to the Guzzi thingy....had my last one, a 1972 Ambo in 1993....
    So if you get close to SW VA, give me a shout!!
    Thanks

James
    1973 T3 Cali, 1984 Cali II, 1975 850 GT, 1972 Ambo...

5. peters

I will check that out....thanks !!!

6. DominoDoggy

DominoDoggy Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Well I seem to be fairly close - around an hour away. I just got into riding again after a long hiatus, and ready for it to start warming up again!

7. George Fenlin

George Fenlin Just got it firing!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
  8. George Fenlin

George Fenlin Just got it firing!

I'm in JC, Tn. I've got two Guzzi's. I've heard there's a fella with a barn full of Guzzi's, here in Jonesborough. I lost the number, rats.

9. DominoDoggy

DominoDoggy Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

I am near Johnson city

10. Balkwyll

Balkwyll Just got it firing!

In Brentwood just south of NashVegas. Agreed that it is mostly Harley country in this area. The exact reason I bought a Guzzi. Color me different.

11. vagrant

vagrant GT Reference

The proper description is, nonconformist!

12. Balkwyll

Balkwyll Just got it firing!

Yes! That's it!