Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Any ham radio operators here?

Discussion in '24-7 Lounge' started by al74dart, Jan 17, 2013.

1. al74dart

al74dart Just got it firing!

Just wondering if we have any ham radio operators on here? If so do you use your radio gear on your bike? I have the Kenwood TH-F6A I plan on using when I get my V7 Special and maybe my Yaesu FT-100D on long trips and camping trips.

Al, n7ioh, Payson, AZ

2. MrMorrisSD

MrMorrisSD Tuned and Synch'ed

Yep. KI6VSM. You ever talk/listen on the Cal-Zona 2-meter repeater network?

I don't have a setup on my bike though. Yet. I might make a trip from home (San Diego) to Prescott to visit friends this spring and if so I'll be carrying my handy talky, a VX-6.

3. Oz1200Guzzi

Oz1200Guzzi High Miler

Yep and no. I am VK2AGM and my bike is for riding and my gear stays home - I like to listen (lurk) and pick up on 10 metres when it is open - often listening to stations from Hawaii and mainland USofA. Occasionally, I might lurk on 15 metres - all others are out of the question for me.

4. octoguzzi

octoguzzi Just got it firing!

Yes, KØRS, but I don't mix my two hobbies. CW only here, since 1964(!), the same year I started riding.

5. LaGrasta

LaGrasta Tuned and Synch'ed

KA8MAP here, or at least used to be here. I received mine many years ago, but I haven't been active in decades. My Grandad was W8QHP, my Mom is K8ATJ. My Dad and sister has there's too, but can't remember any longer. :dry: