Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

any horror stories?

Discussion in '24-7 Lounge' started by davidsalata, Jun 20, 2019.

1. davidsalata

davidsalata Just got it firing!

Bad news coming from France. Lower speed limits, the bloody yellow vests to have on your vehicle (do I have to have it on the bike, too?) and the draconian speed fines with immediate payment...

Or so they say, but...

How is the enforcement? Is it that bad?

I remember riding with my Moto Guzzi 1000 SP 2 in France in 2003. I was in Burgundy. Three BMWs Boxers of the "Gerdarmerie" overtake me at least 20km/h faster than the speed limit (could have been 30 km/h). All three greet me after overtaking with a stretched arm in the usual Southern European manner. I remember thinking "This is the Country a want to be biking in!"

Is this a thing of the past?

Didier likes this.
  2. My name is Jeff

My name is Jeff Cruisin' Guzzisti

Mate I don’t know if your aware of this but in the UK they are trialling noise cameras.
    So if it’s a money maker over there it will come to every county me thinks?
    I’m so over rules and regulations it’s like a bloody vest is going to make a difference?
    If drivers can’t see your head light what chance do we have?
    I’ve been saying this for years it’s that drivers who don’t ride need more educating on
    Looking out for Motorcycles it’s as simple as that.

Trout and john zibell like this.