• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Any love for the T-3 tank?

hidn45

Just got it firing!
Picked up a '77 850 T-3 a couple weeks ago, & of course, making plans in my head for her future. Custom Guzzi's using the T-3 style tank are pretty rare, so I was hoping there might be a few out there that we haven't seen yet.

Though I'm not a big fan of red, one of my favorites, of any style, is this T-3 from France:

Moto Guzzi T3 Cafe Racer red french

How about it? Let's see some custom Tonti's with the lowly stock tank!

Thanks-
randy

OK, I must admit that is bloody nice even with the standard tank but I would just like to find a nice unmolested T3 to import that hasn't been turned into a cafe racer.
Do they not exist anymore ?

Last edited:
Trout - I've always liked the Mille too, in fact, the motor in my Cali II came from a Mille. What I need now, tho', is ideas for my T, b/c by the time we do the Gillardoni thing, & rebuild the brakes, & some soft parts, & whatever else, etc, etc, we'll need to just do what we can with the stock tins as far as cosmetics.... Just hoping to see what others have done using the factory pieces....

Fiat - I had at least 2 fairly stock T-3's to choose from when we decided to pull the trigger. You looking at the possibility of shipping one from here? The other one I looked at is still available (I believe). $3k USD, licensed & on the road right now.... what would the boat ride add?

Hi hidn45.

Shipping is not a problem but transfer for another state can add up so it all depends on the purchase price.
Kiwi shipping in LA do a great job bring cars and bikes into New Zealand, quote was $595 US to bring in a bike I was looking at which I think is not to bad.
Anyway I will keep looking and if someone stumbles over a nice T3 drop us a line.

Last edited:
Picked up a '77 850 T-3 a couple weeks ago, & of course, making plans in my head for her future. Custom Guzzi's using the T-3 style tank are pretty rare, so I was hoping there might be a few out there that we haven't seen yet.

Though I'm not a big fan of red, one of my favorites, of any style, is this T-3 from France:

View attachment 12879

How about it? Let's see some custom Tonti's with the lowly stock tank!

Thanks-
randy

This tank is the tank that made me really see the V9 in a different light. I was late to the Guzzi world, but now that I''ve jumped into the deep end, I started going through their history. Once I saw this style of tank from the past on the Guzzi's it made me appreciate the V9 styling a lot more.

This tank is the tank that made me really see the V9 in a different light. I was late to the Guzzi world, but now that I''ve jumped into the deep end, I started going through their history. Once I saw this style of tank from the past on the Guzzi's it made me appreciate the V9 styling a lot more.

It's quite a history isn't it?
Many innovations from Guzzi over the years.

Did you know they were the 1rst bike company to use wind tunnel testing?

I had to laugh at a Harley guy announcing proudly that HD was going to "Linked Brakes" some years back.
He wasn't so happy when I told him Guzzi had been using them since around 1974.

It's quite a history isn't it?
Many innovations from Guzzi over the years.

Did you know they were the 1rst bike company to use wind tunnel testing?

I had to laugh at a Harley guy announcing proudly that HD was going to "Linked Brakes" some years back.
He wasn't so happy when I told him Guzzi had been using them since around 1974.

Yeah it's really fascinating. I did know about the wind tunnel testing, but not because of my guzzi history, but because of a random car show from back in the day. It was either one of the classic British car shows like TopGear or it was something to do with a Lotus (the car company of my dreams), and that lead me to a video about Guzzi's.

I had no idea about the linked breaks! Ha

IMG 8323 IMG 8327 IMG 8318 IMG 8325 So I did this with my T4.
I'm super happy with it all, engine is totally stock, but with quite a bit of weight gone and a very free breathing exhaust it goes well enough at least for now...

Back