• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Anybody have a GT-RX ECU/PCV/AT on their V7?

I know what you mean, about people not wanting to have more power, or some say that the stock power output is enough. That's cool, if that's what they like, but I have always tried to hot rod my vehicles, ever since I was a kid, putting alloy wheels on my Schwinn bicycle. LOL There are actually quite a few people I have met, and have encountered online who are customizing their V7's. Here is a link to a small block Yahoo group, there is a lot of good info on there. http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/MG_750/ Of course this forum is a good place to see what's going on in the SB performance field too.
Anyway, I will have to borrow my friends GoPro camera and post up a vid. Maybe wrap the bike all the way out this time and see what it will do.
I do not think that the two throttle bodies have any performance advantage over the single TB. I think the flow is probably limited by the intake valve size and cam lift and duration. The single TB is much more elegant to me, but my setup works too.
Here is one last link for you..LOL. http://tonupclubchicago.com/
Cheers.

I'd love to hear and see it and to get some eveidence of small block performance, be safe as well. :cool:

You guys are probably right, for street bike the 1tb is probably best.

The pics of the race V7's in the 2-1 exhaust thead, it looks like its new engine with 2tb's but that's probably a custom race deal.

When was there a 4v head on the small block?

Matt

Instg8r said:
When was there a 4v head on the small block?
The Lario came out in the 80's, I believe. 650 with problems (two-piece valves, valve springs too stiff, soft cams). I guess they can be fixed up with some Suzuki valves and softer springs. There's a guy over on wildguzzi restoring one.

I'd be very curious to see some comparative dyno charts:

2TB stock
2TB with pipes
2TB with reflash and pipes

1TB stock

etc

the 1TB seems to be making more power lower in the rpm range, so I wonder how much more there is to benefit.

That said, Todd's reflash on my B11 was a kick in the pants, so I'm open (not that I really want to remove my throttle body and send it to CA).

Kev M said:
I'd be very curious to see some comparative dyno charts:

2TB stock
2TB with pipes
2TB with reflash and pipes

1TB stock

etc

the 1TB seems to be making more power lower in the rpm range, so I wonder how much more there is to benefit.

That said, Todd's reflash on my B11 was a kick in the pants, so I'm open (not that I really want to remove my throttle body and send it to CA).

I would guess that the 1tb has higher air velocity at low engine speeds plus the higher compression will yield more response when twisting the throttle.

I agree I would love to see the dyno comparison's with the different configurations and get some hard numbers. If I lived in CA I would let Todd use mine for testing... Too bad Im very very far from CA :(

Matt

I just looked at the V65 Lario specs on the web, I don't know how accurate they are.....

But it says 50hp @7800 rpm.

Man I wish MG would make the new high compression 750 with 4v heads....

Matt

Kev M said:
Instg8r said:
I just looked at the V65 Lario specs on the web, I don't know how accurate they are.....

But it says 50hp @7800 rpm.

This is a somewhat debated point over at WG, but some say that is the crank spec, not rear wheel.

http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=51872.0

Even still, the 1TB engine makes 50hp crank as well. But imagine modern day tech, FI, 4V heads, hi comp pistons, 750cc and making power all the way up 8000+ rpm....with these light weight bikes....hmmm...
A man can dream...

Matt

Instg8r said:
Even still, the 1TB engine makes 50hp crank as well.

That is a fact not lost on me in the slightest, but apples-to-oranges considering the 1TB motor does it while also making modern emissions standards (and not dropping valves, which is a whole other conversation).

Instg8r said:
But imagine modern day tech, FI, 4V heads, hi comp pistons, 750cc and making power all the way up 8000+ rpm....with these light weight bikes....hmmm...
A man can dream...

Matt

It's an old conversation that people have been having for years.

Truthfully I could probably not care less.

I've got a Duc if I want more power, but I prefer the V7 for everything it is, and don't worry about what it is not.

Instg8r said:
pokeyjoe said:
Instg8r said:
1tb engine with 2 tbs?

or carbs...

True, but then wouldn't 2TB's be better the 2carbs?

Define "better".

Better at making power? No - Carbs can generally be tuned just as well for performance.

Better at making lower emissions? Sure

Require less periodic maintenance and adjustment - probably.

Cheaper to set-up or alter - No - Carbs are generally cheaper for that.

Personally I'm done with carbs and I don't miss them, but they work amazingly well for what they are.

I guess that's what I'm getting at

2tb's would be "better" cause the performance potential is there without the hassle and maintenance...

I guess when it comes to more extensive mods would the debate of carbs vs tb's become more of an issue...like If I were to get hi flow heads and upgraded camshaft and valves etc etc.....would the GT-RX ECU/PCV/AT be more picky or cause some other issues?

Matt

Instg8r said:
I guess that's what I'm getting at

2tb's would be "better" cause the performance potential is there without the hassle and maintenance...

I guess when it comes to more extensive mods would the debate of carbs vs tb's become more of an issue...like If I were to get hi flow heads and upgraded camshaft and valves etc etc.....would the GT-RX ECU/PCV/AT be more picky or cause some other issues?

Matt

Well, the GT-RX package should be able to handle whatever you do, however at some point you would need bigger injectors and maybe a different fuel pump. I don't know if anyone has gone that far yet, but maybe Todd can chime in.

pokeyjoe said:
Well, the GT-RX package should be able to handle whatever you do, however at some point you would need bigger injectors and maybe a different fuel pump. I don't know if anyone has gone that far yet, but maybe Todd can chime in.
I just got back into town, and I'm playing catch up on everything.
If you stick with stock displacement, most anything you'll do can be handled by my full fueling kit. *IF* it exceeds the flow capability of the stock injectors (not likely), they can be easily upsized.

GT-Rx said:
pokeyjoe said:
I just got back into town, and I'm playing catch up on everything.
If you stick with stock displacement, most anything you'll do can be handled by my full fueling kit. *IF* it exceeds the flow capability of the stock injectors (not likely), they can be easily upsized.

Todd what are your thoughts on the 1TB? Do you think that hi flow heads, big cam etc etc will be restricted in max potential with 1TB? Can the Rpm limt be increased? I'd assume that it would increase top end power beyond the 7600 rpm limiter? Or any reservations about any of this on the '13 1TB V7's?

Matt

Instg8r said:
Todd what are your thoughts on the 1TB? Do you think that hi flow heads, big cam etc etc will be restricted in max potential with 1TB? Can the Rpm limt be increased? I'd assume that it would increase top end power beyond the 7600 rpm limiter? Or any reservations about any of this on the '13 1TB V7's?
Matt, happy to expand on this if/when you take on the project. There should be no issue with hot-rodding a single T/B small block, especially with a dual 02-sensor (a single sensor for each injector) AutoTune-300 unit. I can increase the rev limit on the ECU, not a problem. There is a mechanical limit to the power you will make with a 2V head x RPM.

GT-Rx said:
Instg8r said:
Matt, happy to expand on this if/when you take on the project. There should be no issue with hot-rodding a single T/B small block, especially with a dual 02-sensor (a single sensor for each injector) AutoTune-300 unit. I can increase the rev limit on the ECU, not a problem. There is a mechanical limit to the power you will make with a 2V head x RPM.

Thanks Todd

I'm getting all my info together for the next off season, I was always going to go for the full GT-RX fuelling package. But I definitely will be doing some sort of head work and cam....I just haven't figured out what way yet.

Matt

Back