Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Anyone Ever Put a Top Box On a 1400 Eldorado ?

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by Kevin Ballowe, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Kevin Ballowe

Kevin Ballowe Tuned and Synch'ed

I was looking at accessories for the Eldorado 1400, and found the MG rear rack (carrier) and wondered if anyone else had one of these.

[​IMG]

I was thinking that one might mount one of those quick-release top box to this.

What do you think ???

:)

2. Chocaholic

Chocaholic Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

That looks just like the one on my Touring. The MG top box mounts to it easily via the four holes in the luggage portion.

3. Moto-Uno

Moto-Uno Cruisin' Guzzisti

So where do those rear brackets attach ? Peter

Corvo Nero likes this.
  4. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson High Miler GT Contributor

See Meldrew’s posts, also I believe the rack for the Eldorado is different to the Touring, just check.
    They both accept the quick release top box, OEM (made by Shad, and is a cheaper option), Givi or Kappa.

Kevin Ballowe likes this.
  5. John L

John L Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

First time I have seen a dedicated rack for the Eldo, rear section looks exactly the same as the Cali one so the Guzzi (made by Shad) top box would fit no problems. If you ride solo it is also possible to mount the Cali topbox to the rack under the Eldo pillion seat. The back rest is too far away though to be able to be used as a rider backrest.

eldo1f.jpg

6. roadventure

roadventure GT Reference GT Famiglia

The one you have on your California Touring Model does not have the mount plate for the separate passenger seat. I like the one shown by Kevin better as I don't have any passengers and it looks like it would be possible to mount a top box further forward so the driver could use it as a backrest.

7. roadventure

Yes, MG sells two top boxes that will fit. Or, any number of SHAD or GIVI top boxes can be adapted to fit.

(FYI: the smaller top box sold by Moto Guzzi is a SHAD product, but it not sold by SHAD.)

8. roadventure

They mount to points on the rear sub-frame... (note my bike is a California Custom, NOT an El Dorado) PC020065.JPG

9. Moto-Uno

Thanks for the reply , for the life of me I couldn't find where they would bolt to on my 2018 Eldorado . Peter

10. PaulDavies

PaulDavies Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

John L likes this.
  11. John L

John L Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

I fitted a Cali rack to my Eldo in 2015 when there was nothing specifically available for the Eldo. There are two nuts welded to the sub frame under the mudguard either side of the brace that the brackets for the rack bolt to.

IMG_0037.JPG

12. Moto-Uno

^ Now that picture confuses the crap out of me :cry: . Peter

13. Meldrew

Meldrew Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

There is a specific rack for the Eldo which has additional brackets to clear the rear fender. DON'T buy the standard MG rack for the touring or custom as it will not fit without modifications.

14. Meldrew

Here's the part number for you
    Part number 2S000541, https://goo.gl/images/qvN5Vj.
    They are in short supply so don't hang about if you want one. TLM in the Netherlands have one in stock or failing that speak to Todd, he could maybe fabricate you something but possibly not viable for a 'one off'.

John L likes this.
  15. Moto-Uno

^ That image is the same as the earlier one posted , and of course has nothing to do with the Eldorado model . Peter

16. Meldrew

upload_2021-4-23_17-8-24.png
    Well try this one then Peter. The other picture is the correct rack but just doesn't show the additional brackets. Having this item and had it fitted I can confirm it is the correct part number and part. Only trying to help the OP out

Moto-Uno and John L like this.
  17. Moto-Uno

Now , I see . Thanks for the follow-up . Peter