Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Arai and Nolan Helmets

Discussion in 'GT Wear It' started by GT-Rx®, Jun 14, 2016.

1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Through our connect with Tucker Rocky Distributing, we can now get Arai and Nolan helmets. Click on each helmet below for a look at their offerings.
    Give us a chance to get you a price for those in SoCal for local pick up or of course we can ship anywhere.

Arai:
    RX-Q75-RETROBLACKFROST.jpg

Nolan:
    N44-OutlawFlatBlack.jpg

Poppe likes this.
  2. abbienormal

abbienormal High Miler GT Famiglia

Arai's are outrageously priced BUT everytime I decide to pop for a new helmet and buy something else I come back to Arai. Currently using a Corsair V. I bought a Scorpion T1200 a year ago as I have owned Scorpions in the past and I like the no fog shield. No where near as comfortable and for today's ride I pulled on the Arai. Why Arai doesn't have the no fog shield I don't understand. Yes, they have the pinlock and the fog free double lens (I have one) but I like the treated shield. I may have to contact you when I get ready for the Corsair X. The Arai guy says I am a small with thinner cheek pads.

3. Wahoo650

Wahoo650 Tuned and Synch'ed

Been wearing Arai's since the mid 80's. You MUST try them on to find the correct head shape- each model is different, and cheek pads. Once you are fit for the proper shape and size I doubt you will find a more comfortable, quiet helmet. Well worth the $$ if you ride much and value your noggen.

4. King of Fleece

King of Fleece Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

ARAI-worth every penny for this rider. Comfort beyond compare.

5. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

I also wear Arai's. I have a Scorpion, and love the flip down sun shade. But for comfort Arai is my go to helmet. It would be nice if Arai embraced some of the cool new bells and whistles of some of the lesser brands. But for me, in the end, comfort is king.

6. abbienormal

abbienormal High Miler GT Famiglia

Long story. Many years ago when I worked as a parts man at the Honda dealership a 16 year old customer came in and wanted the same helmet as my Kevin Shwantz replica Arai. Like I said, a long time ago. After he got it his dad came in and chewed me a new one for ripping a young kid off for I think they were $360 at the time. Why would I charge that much for a helmet yadda, yadda. A month or so later I give dad kudos as he came in and thanked me for selling his boy the helmet. Seems he got the left turning car which he hit head on and then went head first through the windshield of the car behind it. I went out to the car and talked to the son who had a broken arm and leg but he said all he remembered was he didn’t even have a headache. He showed me the helmet was trashed. I told him I had similar injuries from a dirt bike wreck a few years earlier. The son and I were laughing about what happened and the dad informed us we both were not right.

7. GuzziMoto

It all comes down to what your head is worth. As the old saying goes, a hundred dollar helmet for a hundred dollar head....

8. buzglyd

buzglyd Cruisin' Guzzisti

I own both. I have an oval head so the Arai Signet is one of the few helmets I can find in the long oval.

I have an earlier version of that modular Nolan. Mine is the N43 with Bluetooth. The concept is nice but that is one of the noises, rattly helmets I've ever owned. I pretty much just use it when I'm riding my scooter these days as the wind noise when I'm on my Guzzi is loud even with custom ear plugs. I don't know if the newer version is better or not.

9. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

10. The Mad Hatta!

The Mad Hatta! Tuned and Synch'ed

I haven't worn Arai yet, but I've heard all good things. My wife wears a Shoei rf-1100 (which she's had since before the rf-1200 was released) and she likes it very much. I've had only Bell helmets since I started riding about 8 years ago. Been wearing a Bell Star for most of that time, and I also have a Bell Rogue. The Rogue was damaged in an impact. I sent Bell an email about their helmet saving my head, and they sent me a new replacement, completely free. Didn't even ask me to pay shipping. They didn't have to do that, but they did it anyway.

11. GuzziMoto

The thing with helmets, and Arai in particular, is how it fits can vary. Different people have different shape heads. Arai actually has different shape helmets, different models offer a different fit.
    In general Arai's tend to be oval, some more than others. They tend to feel tight putting them on, sometimes the first time you try one you might give up before you get it on thinking it is too small. But for those that an Arai fits right you aren't likely to get the same level of comfort from any other brand.

12. buzglyd

buzglyd Cruisin' Guzzisti

You got that right. I have an oval head and it's a bummer how many helmets are made perfectly round. I didn't realize so many people had round heads. Arai helmets fit me like a glove and they are superior to anything I've owned. Totally worth the money if you ride a lot.