Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Argentina visit?

Discussion in 'South America' started by pete roper, Nov 24, 2009.

1. pete roper

pete roper GT Godfather!

Air fares are INSANELY low to BA fron Oz at the moment so Jude and I will probably do a quick two or three week dash to Argentina and *maybe* Chile in the late summer, early Autumn.

Any Guzziti in that neck of the woods?

Pete

2. Holt

Holt High Miler GT Contributor

My mother was born in Argentina, if that counts in here... :mrgreen:
    -She left for Europe in 1924, though.

Don't know if you ever read the blog of this Austrian lassie, it may be worth a glimpse. http://travelluna20.blogspot.com/

3. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

4. Tonerjockey

Tonerjockey High Miler GT Contributor

I wuz in Argentina last December/January. Buenos Aires is a great place to have leather things made. I wanted a riding suit but couldn't decide on the style.

It's a great place for MEAT IMHO.

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc204/Tonerjockey/V7 Rebuild/?action=view&current=DSCN0013.flv
    http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc204/Tonerjockey/V7 Rebuild/?action=view&current=DSCN0021.flv

We had a room on the 7th floor of a hotel on the main street. About 1/4 mile away was a traffic ligfht.
    The noise would die down as the drivers jockied for position.... Light turns green and we are off at the Buenos Aires 500.

VVVVRRRROOOOOOOOOOOMMMM

Then the noise would die down again until the next green light.
    All night long.

Havn't seen alot of Guzzi's in S. America.

Chile is absolutely fantastic. Check out the fiords if possible.

And of course Ipanema....

Have a great trip!

This winter it's Thailand for me. Any Guzzi related stuff there?

Alex

5. edec

edec Tuned and Synch'ed

I was in Buenos Aires and Mendoza in 1979; very cool and European.
    Buena Suerte! - Ed ; )

6. Tonerjockey

Tonerjockey High Miler GT Contributor

Hey Pete,

if you have not been to BA before, here is something we learned the hard way:

There are TWO large airports in Buenois Aires!!!!

We were running late, jumped in a cab, told the dude "to the international airport" and drove right past the airport our flight left from.

Missed our flight of course.

Now about loosing your only keys after a 40 day trip.... story for another day.

Bon Voyage

Alex

7. contractor20

contractor20 Cruisin' Guzzisti

Hey Pete I was in BA 18mths ago and the only guzzi I saw was one T4 allegedly belonging to very polite policeman who suggested that it was only still running due to divine intervention and the stealing of parts from the non running ones at the workshop. My spanish was (and still is) almost non existant so that story was some what cobbled together from passers by and gesticulation ;) ;) . I saw quite few large bikes down south heading to and from Patagonia in the late summer. I was using the states bus network to get around!! :)

8. margarita la dulce

margarita la dulce Just got it firing!

Hello I am a guzzista of Argentina, you will come over to this country?, Un abrazo, Mario .. :D

9. guzzimike

guzzimike Cruisin' Guzzisti

I was born in Argentina, but do not know any Guzzista there..

10. margarita la dulce

In this country, argentina, have few Guzzistas, scattered by the country, i am one. :D
    Guzzimike: hablas castellano? :woohoo:

11. guzzimike

Si, por supuesto.. :cool:

12. margarita la dulce

Bien, por lo menos uno que habla como yo!!, normalmente entro a leer, pero ya escribir me cuesta un poco mas. Yo tengo una Guzzi T5 1000 ex-PFA, soy de Centenario, Neuquen, y vos donde naciste? tenes Guzzi?..., un abrazo. :D

13. RJVB

RJVB GT Reference

Well well ... that begins to look like a private section :silly:

Pete, there's a French Stelvio rider living in Chili IIRC, called Gilles. I don't recall his pseudo on here, but I have his personal email should you want it.

14. guzzimike

Perdoname la tardia de mi respuesta. Perdi my Computadora y me tomo un huevo y medio entrar de vuelta aqui, y para cuando lo hice, se me habia olvidado nuestra correspondencia...(que mamerto soy a veces...)

Buen..

Mi Guzzi es una CX100 del 1979 (Es ub modelo exclusivo para Estados Unidos - se parece a las Le Mans II, pero tiene con el motor 948cc de las SP porque no valia la pena ($$$) entrar/aprobar 3 diferente cilindradas de motores al EEUU para Guzzim especialment del punto de vista que trajeron solamente unas 350 motos de este tipo entre el 1979 al 1981).

Soy de Castelar (Pvcia de BSAS) y ahi vivi mis primeros once anios, hasta que mis padres y yo nos imigramos al EEUU en el '69.

Otra vez, perdon por la pasada de tiempo sin responderte..

Abrazos

---