• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

As the world unravels…

When everyone was going DualSport I always questioned why they did not bring out a Sportster engine dual sport? I sat on the Pan American and even as I owned two Suzuki DL1000 VStroms for 45,000 miles, I think the PA is too bulky and big.

It is without a doubt, the most butt ugly thing created on 2 wheels since "everything" Pierre Terblanche vomited out...

I cannot believe anybody in their right mind likes that hideous thing. When I first saw one in person, I was dumbfounded.

It is without a doubt, the most butt ugly thing created on 2 wheels since "everything" Pierre Terblanche vomited out...

I cannot believe anybody in their right mind likes that hideous thing. When I first saw one in person, I was dumbfounded.
ha, I actually like the 999, I always keep one eye out for a 999S model at a good price. it's about the only 'modern' Ducati I'm interested in owning.

I can certainly see why most don't... but its odd angles and proportions somehow appeal.

ha, I actually like the 999, I always keep one eye out for a 999S model at a good price. it's about the only 'modern' Ducati I'm interested in owning.

I can certainly see why most don't... but its odd angles and proportions somehow appeal.
I have to agree, the 999 was disliked because he dared to go against the established look of a Ducati. Performance wise it was a major leap forward, and myself, I like the look. It was and still is fresh and fun.

999? Yuck!

BARELY lasted 4 years until Ducati wisely sacked it and Terblanche in 2007, thereby saving the company from ruin. He hasn’t designed anything of note for anybody since. He is widely regarded as the worst modern designer of motorcycles.

Dr. T was doing backflips in his grave at the sheer ugliness of Pierre Terblanche’s designs. I’m sure of it!

Although Pierre Terblanche and his atrocious designs nearly destroyed Ducati, he wasn’t the only incompetent designer of that era.

David Robb at BMW nearly destroyed the BMW marque with all the hideous incarnations of the R1200C as well.

FWIW: Nobody doubts the mechanical excellence of Ducati engineering but Pierre Terblanche had nothing to do with the engineering. Just the hideous bodywork.

999? Yuck!
BARELY lasted 4 years until Ducati wisely sacked it and Terblanche in 2007, thereby saving the company from ruin. He hasn’t designed anything of note for anybody since. He is widely regarded as the worst modern designer of motorcycles.
How do you really feel Scott?!?!?! :rofl:
I'm not a fan of his work either myself, but to each his own they say, eh?

I had to look at the Pan America before opening my wallet for the V85TT. Several things I did not like about it:
1. Chain drive
2. Water cooling
3. Heavy
4. Tall, but automatically lowers when stopped if electric/hydraulic suspension is working correctly
5. Expensive

For whatever reason, there was a waiting list in AZ also. I do see a few on the roads around here.

I test rode a pan American when it first came out, loved it’s power and handling on the road. Next week end I’m talking about trading in my road glide. Dealer didn’t want my road glide/ bad color for resale… and was getting near 30,000 out the door for a bike with the wrong wheels! Traded for a Vstrom 1050, traded that for a V85tt, also have a V7 and Ducati desert sled! Fvck Harley and all egg roll parts!

I'm really happy that so many people don't like 999. That means it won't go up in value and someday I can afford to add this beauty to my kitchen.... or living room... or wherever I can fit it... I'd probably have to downgrade my king size bed to a single one...
You better grab one when you can find it, as with all odd things, the price only goes up! Ha.

As the world unravels...
The title is so perfect,
I’m glad that I was able to drive, starting in the late 70’s - the cool stuff…
Cars and bikes... Especially in Germany on the Autobahn and in the Alps....
Sad to see it all go down the drain, slowly, with not many youngsters following our footsteps and visions we had what cool means...
Once the old guys die out, the ones who try to relive their youth again and buy the old metal now that made their Youth glorious....
museums will be the only ones buying for cheap what’s left over....
I might be wrong, I hope to be wrong...

So true. It is a great lament of mine that my sons will most likely, never get to grind the gearbox in an air-cooled VW Bus or Beetle, let alone ride in a convertible one along the beaches of San Diego like I did so many times. The prices of unrestored ones start in the 40 thousands and go all the way up to 250k or more. The people with nostalgia coupled with lots of cash, have driven the market to unbelievable heights and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight anytime soon.

The remarkable collection of motorcycles I have been so very fortunate to have had between my legs, has been one of the great joys of my life. Sadly, I will most likely never ride most of those early models again as either they are so expensive as to be unobtainable to me, or they are quite plainly, incompatible with my busted up body and more so, my old fat ass.

It's funny how this popped up on topic tonight. Earlier, I was looking through old pictures this evening, and found ones of me on my beautiful yellow and white tail Ducati 996 Monoposto at Keith Code Superbike School at Streets of Willow at Willow Springs, 22 years ago. I loved that motorcycle to death...

So Michael comes around the corner and sees my screen and asks very sincerely, "Are you thinking you want another 996?" to which I immediate laughed and replied, "Why? So I can put it in the living room and look at it? Because I sure the hell cannot ride the damn thing!" (I used to race mine like a lunatic)

We both started laughing hysterically.

And here I am old and crazy, buy 2022 V7 850 special, drive it for half a mile and rip it apart... because half the fun is making it my own the other half is riding it...

I believe the bike is for the Asian market, so it makes sense to build them overseas. My question is why build in China and not India? Small displacement bikes are very popular there. The one scenario is bringing over the 350cc bikes for the Harley rider training program. So I'm not expecting to see these anytime soon in a dealership. This is also another reason after riding Harleys since the 1980s, when I wanted a new motorcycle I went with Moto Guzzi.

Back