• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Audace, Eldo and 17+ Tour & MGX-21 F15K Matris Fork Kit info

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Matris now is offering their fully adjustable F15K fork kit for the Audace, Eldo and 2017+ Touring and NOW MGX-21 models. All products that are available are shown below. For the cartridge kit, click HERE or pic below for more info.

Looking forward to buying these soon.
Is this the K that denotes Kaifa?

May as well do the rear suspension at the same time.
As far as ride/adjustability/quality goes which would be the better of these two?
Matris M40D. https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/suspension/products/matris-california-1400-standard-twin-shocks
OR
OHLINS 36
https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/suspension/products/ohlins-california-1400-shocks

I think the OHLINS would look fine on an Audace giving it a more custom look. Matris keeping it more in line with stock.

Riding it with no pillion. She would fall off the back anyways.

Attachments

• Polish_20210403_120227516.jpg
    Polish_20210403_120227516.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 39
Looking forward to buying these soon. Is this the K that denotes Kaifa?
May as well do the rear suspension at the same time.
As far as ride/adjustability/quality goes which would be the better of these two?
TIA, and yes on the ‘K’ - The F15K kit is a great product for these. Note I have had a few Kaifa forks that had bad bushings, brand new from the dealer. If your forks feel overly firm, you may have this issue. If DIY, you’ll need the bushings and oil seals to do the job.
The shocks are both good. Matris finish and quality is superior to the Ohlins, if that matters at all to you. Some people just want the Ohlins name.
Happy to be of more help direct email when you’re ready to purchase; Info @GuzziTech.com

Todd, if I understand correctly, if the bushings are bad, you have to replace them to install a F15k Matris ?

Todd, if I understand correctly, if the bushings are bad, you have to replace them to install a F15k Matris ?
Bushings and seals are independent from the fork kit installation, but yes, of course.

Ok, thanks Todd, but where are the bushings to change, at the bottom of the Kaifa fork ?

Please see the parts PDF found online for location. If you aren't doing the work, any mechanic will know where they go, four in total.

Had my mechanic guy fit the front forks internals on the California 1400 2017 tour. On stripping and cleaning he found swarf....machine cuttings jammed in one leg from original MG manufacture...he had a devils job to dislodge but managed and fitted the new Matris kit with the 160mm of oil and new seals.

I have been in contact with Vizir....I know that he is experiencing issues with the Matris kit.....hopefully he’ll get it sorted

Mine is untried, by me...as yet on the road......but on a static test the forks have no stiction ......the mechanic test rode it and set up, both sag levels ....he commented that it was the best handling Guzzi he had taken on his 30mile test route.

All now good and I’m looking forward to obtaining the Guzzi California I always wanted

I hope that info is useful

Thanks
Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

Had my mechanic guy fit the front forks internals on the California 1400 2017 tour. On stripping and cleaning he found swarf....machine cuttings jammed in one leg from original MG manufacture
Thanks for the post Gavin. I've had several (Kaifa forked) 1400s arrive new from a dealer with the fork bushings installed improperly, causing such stiction that the leg barely moved while in place on the bike.

Gavin, I'd like to thank you very much, again , for your help .
I'll tell you informed . For the moment, I'm pretty busy finding a new car after my accident last week, fortunately without injuries, but my car is destroyed as you know ..
For Todd, because I am in France, it's easier economically speaking, for me , to order directly to the french Matris dealer, close to Italy (
No taxes or customs fees and very little shipping costs) and I'v ordered and received the F15K kit, very nice quality product .
. Don't be angry, when I can order some products from you, I do, and I'm always happy with your products .

Pretty happy with the F15K and M40D Matris combo Todd installed on my bike. The forks had a more ridgid feeling before. Now they are firm but smoother and more fluid.

Here's a pdf file from Matris regarding the F15K's.

Have to now turn my attention to the tires. Running the original the original 2016 tires which means the tires are probably older than 2016.

IMG 20211212 123219978 HDR IMG 20211212 123155997 HDR

Attachments

• Catalogo-2020_f15k (1).pdf
    392.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Back