• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Audace Handlebar thread

Update. I ordered the 2017 Audace bars from the dealer for 180.00. They do have a different part# from the 2016's.They are on and they really help relieve that stretch to the bars on the longer hauls. Quite a bit more pullback and a little taller. I really recommend them from the comfort aspect. And they still look badass . I've outfitted mine with the medium height Moto Guzzi windshield , Hepco and Becker bags and Top case. All C-bow mounted.
It has the full Electronics / Fuel treatment from Todd less his exhaust. I use Agostini slip ons. They work fine , but pull the silencers if you want
better performance. I am working on some 1/2" thick wall tubing to move those saddlebags in closer to the fender and back about 4" , so they tuck in behind the shocks. I'll post pics when I get my jig set up done.
I'm getting quotes of $285 for the newer handlebars on the east coast. How long ago did you get yours for $180 ?

Anybody know where I can find the 2017 handlebars? A lot of the previous places listed in this thread don't sell them anymore.

Anybody know where I can find the 2017 handlebars? A lot of the previous places listed in this thread don't sell them anymore.
Have you tried Googling the Part # ?

Several sources including ebay have stock or are expected in the next few week (e.g. AF1 racing). Depends how desperate your are to have it today

It was actually quite easy to bend my 2016 handlebars into a similar position as the later version I didn't have to heat them up I just used a hydraulic pipe bender which is available at Harbor Freight

Have you tried Googling the Part # ?

Several sources including ebay have stock or are expected in the next few week (e.g. AF1 racing). Depends how desperate your are to have it today
Yes, that's how I know that nobody has them. There's only 1 set listed on eBay, but it's NOT the 2017, it's the 2016 version mislabeled. And AF1 can't get them. The "backorder 6-8 weeks" message is a standard out of stock label on their site. It's been that way for a year because Guzzi isn't making them anymore. They'll never be back in stock.

Yes, that's how I know that nobody has them. There's only 1 set listed on eBay, but it's NOT the 2017, it's the 2016 version mislabeled. And AF1 can't get them. The "backorder 6-8 weeks" message is a standard out of stock label on their site. It's been that way for a year because Guzzi isn't making them anymore. They'll never be back in stock.
Oooohhh - that's a blow. Bars are one of the first things to get trashed after a drop. I presume you've also ruled out salvage parts. Has me worried for other basic things too. I know Todd will keep us all going with consumables and 3rd party parts, but probably not bars. Maybe a custom solution??

I have a spare set of my original 2016 bars that I would be happy to modify as I did on my bike, I was able to bend them back about 3" from the stock position which is similar to the 2017 bars. I will post some pics later of the 2 pairs showing the difference.

I have a spare set of my original 2016 bars that I would be happy to modify as I did on my bike, I was able to bend them back about 3" from the stock position which is similar to the 2017 bars. I will post some pics later of the 2 pairs showing the difference.
Hi Ken,

I'd be very interested in seeing this process as I wish to do the same thing. Did you also put spacers/risers on your 2016 as in OP?

I did not add spacers since I have a very long arms and a long reach at 6'4" in height. I was able to bend the bars back about 2" from the original position. I estimate that the new 2017 bars are back about 3" from the original version. It's very comfortable now with no more pain in my wrist or elbows. I am going to hang on to my original set just in case I need them in a mishap....

I had the Cali 1400 Touring handlebar fitted, incl. the risers. Cables needed replacing also with touring model's longer ones. Cables shown on photo were original Audace cables, too short.
Did you modify the existing triple tree by drilling & tapping for the mounts or did you change it for the Cali version?

I had the Cali 1400 Touring handlebar fitted, incl. the risers. Cables needed replacing also with touring model's longer ones. Cables shown on photo were original Audace cables, too short.
Love the look, i'd like to switch my Audace over to this style bars. Did you change the top of the fork since the Audace isn't drilled for this type of mount? Curious where you found them for sale and how much? Thanks.

Has anyone looked in the aftermarket, maybe Rizoma has developed a riser/ bar kit for this. I like all the other Audace owners seem to agree, the bike is amazing but the bar has to go. I’ve tried most of the same options, talked to a fab shop about modifying my bars but they discouraged it based on the embrittlement issue, not knowing how they were originally bent and the problem with symmetry. I ordered 2017 bars and I don’t mind waiting 8 weeks as long as I know they fit and won’t create any fit issues. I have to say slow speed parking lot maneuvers on this bike makes me feel like a new rider. Between the hard clutch, ridiculous reach and throttle twitch under 2K RPM, it’s a bear. I’ve think I’ve mastered the engine management but unless my arms can grow I am going to need new bars. I’m 6-0 with 6-2 wingspan so I didn’t anticipate this issue.

Has anyone looked in the aftermarket, maybe Rizoma has developed a riser/ bar kit for this. I like all the other Audace owners seem to agree, the bike is amazing but the bar has to go. I’ve tried most of the same options, talked to a fab shop about modifying my bars but they discouraged it based on the embrittlement issue, not knowing how they were originally bent and the problem with symmetry. I ordered 2017 bars and I don’t mind waiting 8 weeks as long as I know they fit and won’t create any fit issues. I have to say slow speed parking lot maneuvers on this bike makes me feel like a new rider. Between the hard clutch, ridiculous reach and throttle twitch under 2K RPM, it’s a bear. I’ve think I’ve mastered the engine management but unless my arms can grow I am going to need new bars. I’m 6-0 with 6-2 wingspan so I didn’t anticipate this issue.
I am in line with this latest post 100%. The bar position is real problem and I've considered bending my orig 2016 bars but been advised by fabricators against it. I'm 6-3

I feel your pain. I'm 5'7" and just purchased a 2016 Audace with the original bars. I've been riding for 20+ years and have had many "large" bikes but this one is definitely a challenge at times at low speeds with these bars. I plan on ordering the 2017 and newer bars to replace these.

Back