• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

back tie down

whatthe

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Famiglia
with the Hepco bags on an Eldorado I came to understand that a backrest could not be fitted. I want to take a trip this spring and need more space for things. So a Picasso it ain't but I will have a way to tie a bag safely to the rear seat. Will be taken off when not needed so as not to spoil the beauty of the Guzzi.

Bar

Reactions: Uss
Looks nice. Is that solid rod? I'm guessing it is. Now all you need is a piece of flatstock across the center for a Guzzi emblem on the back.

wow that's a lot of storage how does the trunk connect is the backseat under it? V700 Steve yes just 3/8 round stock have a Guzzi tank emblem on the way to doll it up a little[/QUOTE

The back seat is removed and 4 holes drilled in the base plate and the Guzzi top box mounting plate bolted to it. If you're solo it brings the top box forward so the weight is more centralised over the rear axle, unfortunately you can't get it far enough forward to be able to use the backrest.

Attachments

• rack10.jpg
    rack10.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 19
with the Hepco bags on an Eldorado I came to understand that a backrest could not be fitted. I want to take a trip this spring and need more space for things. So a Picasso it ain't but I will have a way to tie a bag safely to the rear seat. Will be taken off when not needed so as not to spoil the beauty of the Guzzi.

View attachment 15955
Looks really practical without the permanence. What have you used to hold the wire frame to the rear seat hand rail/frame? I would like to give it a try on one of my next rides. I don't otherwise have any carrying capacity other than a small kreiga bag held down with an elastic net.

Cheers...

I used handlebar clamps for a windshield. I used the 7/8 to 1 inch clamps. There is enough space between the clamp and the passenger grab rail to put a thin piece of rubber so the grab rail does not get marred up. I think you should be able to buy the clamps without a windshield on EBAY

I used handlebar clamps for a windshield. I used the 7/8 to 1 inch clamps. There is enough space between the clamp and the passenger grab rail to put a thin piece of rubber so the grab rail does not get marred up. I think you should be able to buy the clamps without a windshield on EBAY

Attachments

• 20181122_121508.jpg
    20181122_121508.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 14
Back