• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Back to the Lowering Question.

Toadride

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I've not gotten anywhere trying to sell the Stelvio. And to be honest with you all, I think the real reason I got it into my head to sell was the height question. There's just no way I am ready for any low assed cruiser (NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!!) but the instability I get with my short assed legs has just got me wanting a bike with my feet flat on the ground. Guess I've had just too many years of tippy toeing. I've got the upper body strength, it's just that my old Ma was a smokin, drinkin, partying gal (ah, those were the days) and I guess that just stopped the legs from growin when I popped out. :lol: So, stuck with 30" floor to crotch, I've just had
enough. But a little while ago I went down and fired her up and was reminded again how I love that Italian whore. My Big Gal. So it's back to the thought; can I lower her? Give me an inch and a half and I will be a reel happy camper. Then when my turn comes I might just have the old gal buried with me.
Is there is a link out there to throw on? I've read that there will be center and side stand problems but I can get them cut down. Then there's the guy on ADV who posted a lowered Stelvio with the bottom of the shock coming into contact with the swingarm. Is there any workaround for that? And, finally there's the naysayers who will say you will lose all that ground clearance. In my case? It will be a gain.

I've successfully lowered a Quota, so I don't see why it can't be done to a Stelvio. The key is to lower the back and front the same amount to keep the steering geometry. First measure the stock height at the front and rear of the bike. Check with Todd to see if a shorter shock will fit the rear, Install and see how much the rear is lowered then bring the forks up until the front is lowered the same amount. Then it is just a matter of shortening the side and center stand the same amount you that you lowered the bike. Good luck.

Found the page on ADV with the photos of shock/swingarm contact.
advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=21548415
These are prolly extremes but I would still hate to find out this was the case after replacing the shock.

A simple and cost effective answer is to take out some of the seat stuffing.
I sold my flying brick to a vertically challenged friend and that solved the problem for him.

Doug has platform boots already.

If it were me, and you have access to a fabricator Doug, I'd go after the seat first. I think there's a lot of room to work with there, especially if you remove the airbox lid.
Shorter shock and fork revisions (along with the seat) can get you there. You're not going to get 1.5" out of either alone.

Funny when people don't ask for direction with folks with real experience how to, and then post their frustrations online. I'll refrain from clicking on that one Doug.

I am certainly looking for direction. And, as always Todd, appreciate your knowledge on any subject.

lowering the front end is trival, go to shorter springs at the same rate if it suits you, lowering the back an inch should be easy as well, sent you shock to Traxxion and have the stroke reduced by about 1/6th of current travel and re install. (just remove 1/6 of the shock stroke ie spacer UNDER the valve)

you may have to go to a longer top out spring in the forks, and change the spacers but lowering the front is easy.

1.5" in the front should be easy, 1" in the back also easy, then take a dab out of the seat.

Back