• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Bag Liners For Norge

Alas her email is bouncing from gmail, tried another account and no answer yet.

Zebee

I just got my bag liners from Karla. They are extremely nice, done in red and black with the Guzzi logo embroidered on both liners. She also guarantees them for as long as you own them. Very fine American craftwomanship. If you want custom bag liners for your bike, I suggest you give her a call.

You get the regular for $89, or the $15 K-Dura 1000 Denier upgrade? If the former, seem sturdy enough? Pay extra for the 2-tone or embroidery? Anybody tried the factory bags, have any comment on them?

I just ordered a pair last night. $109 including shipping in the U.S., two tone included and logo included. Karla e-mailed me back and said she will have them done in 2-3 days. Stock bags from Guzzi dealer: $384 before taxes and they would have to order them.
Bob

guzzibob wrote:
You get the regular for $89, or the $15 K-Dura 1000 Denier upgrade? If the former, seem sturdy enough? Pay extra for the 2-tone or embroidery? Anybody tried the factory bags, have any comment on them?

Mine are the regular $89.00 liners. My figuring was that the more flexable the liner the better. The K-Dura stuff is thicker and stiffer. Two tone no extra charge, embroidery no extra charge. I've heard that the factory bags have partitions in them that make them impractical to use but I've never seen a set myself. Typical Guzzi bad design.

azccj wrote:
Mine are the regular $89.00 liners. My figuring was that the more flexable the liner the better. The K-Dura stuff is thicker and stiffer. Two tone no extra charge, embroidery no extra charge. I've heard that the factory bags have partitions in them that make them impractical to use but I've never seen a set myself. Typical Guzzi bad design.
I ordered factory bags early on and sent 'em back. useless for reasons described above. The internal shell stiffening the fabric bore no relationship to panniers. Doh. Wasted space; looked stupid.

Anyway, I have pix and other info of mine below.

I've never worried much about the bag thing in the Norge. I originally ordered the Norge bags from MG, but didn't like 'em and returned 'em.

I've also never been much bothered by the leaking issue. Yes, the so-so seal does let in minute amounts of water in monsoon riding, but I usually use plastic bags inside a thick "contractor-grade" yard bag, and thus nada gets wet. Still, I have been removing the panniers at night when at motels, so Newstar's post got me to look up Tracy's "bag lady," http://www.bagsforbikes.com/.

Turns out Karla lives just up the road in Baldwin, Georgia, i.e., where the fine riding starts.

I ended up ordering a set, and will take my top case up for Karla to make one for it. May even have her do a custom bag for Kathi's new MINI (miniature) trunk ... which, btw, is about 100 miles out on her way back from Virginia, the house remains a pigsty, and I'd better get off the board and get my buns to work!

OBTW, turnaround time from order to receipt was less than a week.

Well, these won't solve the problem of Kathi's three hairdryers she insists on bringing along, but whatever we do carry will be easier to bring in the room!

Seriously, VERY nice bags. See specs on website ,but here are pix of mine:

image-2E39_4A72398D.jpg

image-6EB6_4A72398D.jpg

image-9D91_4A72398D.jpg

image-A10D_4A72398D.jpg

image-6867_4A72398D.jpg

Bill

I have a dumb question.

What is the point of the bag liners? I got an original set with my panniers and have never used them. When I go away, I just take the panniers into the hotel with me.

Robert

Roblatt wrote:
I have a dumb question.

What is the point of the bag liners? I got an original set with my panniers and have never used them. When I go away, I just take the panniers into the hotel with me.

Robert

Sometimes it is nice to leave the hard bags on the bike when you are on a trip and just carry the liners into the hotel. I always cover my bike up at night when parking in the hotel parking lot, with the alarm on of course. So leaving the bags on the bike at night doesn't bother me. Also the liners, if they fit well inside the clam shell hard bags, allow you to better fill the case to maximum capacity without having stuff fall out or getting caught in between the two halves when you're trying to close them. Learned this when I had my Goldwing.

And how come you got a set of liners with your hard cases? Didn't think they came with but where a buy after item. Maybe I got screwed! :S

Bill Hagen, your bags look like the heavier, "K-Dura" ones. If so, you feel their relative "stiffness" is an advantage, or disadvantage per azccj?

As for the liners "coming with" the bags, I note both Roblatt & Brevabrabo are out of the US. I'm thinking they both have the more squared off Breva type bags, not the bigger ones in Bill's pix that all US Norge's come with. I've never heard of anyone in the US getting inner bags with their Norge panniers. Out of the US there are more options of Norge trim. In the US we all get the same thing.

I just picked up my bag liners and the quality is exceptional for the $104 I paid. I even got two tone, black and grey. Well worth it, I would recommend these liners for any one with a Norge who does not have the stock liners. I had liners on my last bike and it made it so much easier to unload at the end of a long day of riding/travelling.
Bob

I finally got a chance to use my bag liners a couple of weeks ago on a two day trip. They look, work and fit perfect. The lady does a very nice job and for a fair price too.

Re: Re:Bag Liners For Norge

guzzibob said:
Bill Hagen, your bags look like the heavier, "K-Dura" ones. If so, you feel their relative "stiffness" is an advantage, or disadvantage per azccj?

As for the liners "coming with" the bags, I note both Roblatt & Brevabrabo are out of the US. I'm thinking they both have the more squared off Breva type bags, not the bigger ones in Bill's pix that all US Norge's come with. I've never heard of anyone in the US getting inner bags with their Norge panniers. Out of the US there are more options of Norge trim. In the US we all get the same thing.

My apologies. Just saw this.

These are the heavier of the two choices. Haven't seen/felt the others, but these are not especially thick or stiff. They take packing well, and fit easily into the wells.

They are not, btw, waterproof, as I found out recently during the Georgia Rain Rally a couple of weeks ago. If you missed that (and, if you were lucky, you did! :roll: ) more here: https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/168/3247.html

That said, they are fairly watertight, and I think an occasional spray with a waterproofing agent will be all I need, i.e., plastic inner and outer bags likely unnecessary except for worst of conditions.

I am taking my topcase to Ms. Kiefer soon so she can do a corresponding bag for it. Also taking it via MINI, as I think there is a market in that (weird) world for such. Kathi's MINI convertible has barely enough space for an AMEX card, and almost not for "real" luggage. Something like these Guzzi bags could, however, be designed to slip into that itty-bitty trunk.

Will let all know about the top case when I get that arranged.

Bill

Re: Re:Bag Liners For Norge

Bill Hagan said:
I am taking my topcase to Ms. Kiefer soon so she can do a corresponding bag for it.
Will let all know about the top case when I get that arranged.

Bill

Which top case? The crappy Guzzi one that falls off, or one of the far superior Givi cases? If the latter, which one?

Back