• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Bag Liners For Norge

Re: Re:Bag Liners For Norge

guzzibob said:
Bill Hagan said:
I am taking my topcase to Ms. Kiefer soon so she can do a corresponding bag for it.
Will let all know about the top case when I get that arranged.

Bill

Which top case? The crappy Guzzi one that falls off, or one of the far superior Givi cases? If the latter, which one?

Uhm ... the former. :S

I do not for a minute doubt that some have had such "dismount," :woohoo: but with 36K on my Norge, and likely 26K of those with the factory box, I like it.

I will see her on Sunday, and will tell her of interest by others in others.

Bill

Bill Hagan said:
I will see her on Sunday, and will tell her of interest by others in others.

Bill

Good idea. The "problem" with the Givi top cases is that there are so many different sizes/models. On the other hand, there are so many of them out there on so many different makes & models, so if she has a liner to fit, say, the 39 liter model E370 that i have that would work for all the E370's on whatever bike. I might well be interested. Gotta get around to contacting her for saddlebag liners first, soon.....

I promised Kathi that if her work met my standards ...

IMG_0847.jpg

... I would let her go to a MINI meet in the mountains.

IMG_0858.jpg

It took a few redos and a "mercy pass," but, hey, she deserved some relaxation.

IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

Over her protest, tho, we left Riders Hill and headed over to meet "Karla the Bag Lady" :laugh: while Karla was overseeing an archery shoot for teenagers. Any lady who has three teenage sons and can shoot a bow warrants respect! :woohoo: Hmmmmmm. Maybe I shouldn't let Kathi pick up any tips. :unsure:

Anyway, Karla measured the MINI and the Norge's top case. Had a few local Bubbas drop by, but Karla mentioned her recent arrow shot group and they wandered off.

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

Seriously, Karla has the measurements and is ready to make the Norge topcase inner bag. I post this to solicit some ideas before she goes final.

She plans bottom & top compartments, but if you have ideas, she is awaiting final to hear from me.

Many thanks.

Bill

Roblatt said:
I have a dumb question.

What is the point of the bag liners? I got an original set with my panniers and have never used them. When I go away, I just take the panniers into the hotel with me.

Robert

Well if you were camping you wouldn't have the hardcases in your tent and you could go for a beer and ice run after getting your tent set up if you used the bags.

Dean

Dean Rose said:
Roblatt said:
I have a dumb question.

What is the point of the bag liners? I got an original set with my panniers and have never used them. When I go away, I just take the panniers into the hotel with me.

Robert

Well if you were camping you wouldn't have the hardcases in your tent and you could go for a beer and ice run after getting your tent set up if you used the bags.

Dean

So true. You can put a *lot* of beer and ice in Norge bags.. :D

That's one way of looking at it.

I use one pannier for stuff I need, the other for wine. I don't need to go fetch ice. I just leave the luggage on the bike permanently. But you make a good point about going shopping.

Robert

Bill, did you ever get the top case liner? If so, how do you like it and what was the price?

I just did a 5 day trip to the gulf coast, and using Karla's side case liners made packing and unpacking each day a breeze. Normally I wouldn't use a top case bag, but the way the Norge top case is designed I'm tired of having to reach in it while trying to close it because stuff seems to get pinched between the two halves. This was not a problem on my Goldwing because the top half of the top case on that bike is much smaller than the bottom half but on the factory Norge top case the two halves are about the same size.

I would advise anyone who tours with the Norge to contact Karla and get her bag liners. Having stuff falling out of a full side case while trying to close it many times each day is no fun. :blink:

azccj said:
Bill, did you ever get the top case liner? If so, how do you like it and what was the price?

I just did a 5 day trip to the gulf coast, and using Karla's side case liners made packing and unpacking each day a breeze. Normally I wouldn't use a top case bag, but the way the Norge top case is designed I'm tired of having to reach in it while trying to close it because stuff seems to get pinched between the two halves. This was not a problem on my Goldwing because the top half of the top case on that bike is much smaller than the bottom half but on the factory Norge top case the two halves are about the same size.

I would advise anyone who tours with the Norge to contact Karla and get her bag liners. Having stuff falling out of a full side case while trying to close it many times each day is no fun. :blink:

Howdy.

As I was just telling rjvb in a PM, have been busy of late and neglecting the board, Guzzis, and much else except work, grandbabies, and hmmmmm, that's about it. Also about to consider decapitation as a cure of the worst bout of sinusitus I've had in years. Blech. Sure takes fun out of pursuing happiness! :(

But enough whining. You asked about the topcase bag.

Yes, got it. Yesterday. Looks great. Will take pix this and post weekend or sooner if I can, along with comments.

I, too, share your view that the side bags make traveling different. Waterproof except at zippers, which means essentially waterproof period as my hard bags never leak but a few drops.

More later ...

Bill

Question on the sidecases.
Are the Norge sidecases double walled as the Hepco/Becker are or they like the Breva ones thin and easily warp?

Sure wish Hepco/Becker would make some mounting hardware that wouldn't show when the bags are off.

Dean

Dean Rose said:
Question on the sidecases.
Are the Norge sidecases double walled as the Hepco/Becker are or they like the Breva ones thin and easily warp?

Sure wish Hepco/Becker would make some mounting hardware that wouldn't show when the bags are off.

Dean

Dean,

I won't answer you because you were mean to me on w/g :p , but for others who may want to know: they are "thin and easily warp."

As for looks, I think the Norge looks OK (OK, not great) w/o sidebags mounted ... unless top case is on (as John W. likes to do, mostly to annoy me :roll: ), in which case (no pun intended), it looks pretty lame.

I almost always have sides on, and the daggone top case is so darn convenient, it's on most of the time, too.

Bill

I always use plastic garbage bags. They work great and keep things dry if needed. Very cheap too.

jmac851 said:
I always use plastic garbage bags. They work great and keep things dry if needed. Very cheap too.

Can't argue with that and most are even thick enough to be reusable. But, unless I have a long ride in the path of a tropical depression (and I've done that once), my spousal unit objects to the two-wheeled Grapes of Wrath look. :whistle:

Karla's bags are not expensive, but, yes, do cost more than plastic garbage bags, even the "contractor grade" type I occasionally use for the EV's leaky H-B's.

Bill

Does anyone know if Karla, mentioned above, is still in business? When i click on the link to her website it says that domain is for sale.
Thanks.

Brian

After she stopped making bags I emailed her expressing my sadness at her stopping but I told her to enjoy the time off. It was a free time-vs-work thing as she has a regular job. She made bags for my first Norge, My Suzuki 650 V-Strom and my Mini Cooper convertible. She got back with me and said she would make bags for my new Norge. The bill was $100. I sent her $120 and thanked her. She also said the Guzzi group was a bit special and if they did not mind waiting a bit longer than prior then she would probably make some bags for us. So send her an email and ask her if she has time to do it if you want a set.
If she still maintains it her email is: bagsforbikes@windstream.net

Last edited:
After she stopped making bags I emailed her expressing my sadness at her stopping but I told her to enjoy the time off. It was a free time-vs-work thing as she has a regular job. She made bags for my first Norge, My Suzuki 650 V-Strom and my Mini Copper convertible. She got back with me and said she would make bags for my new Norge. The bill was $100. I sent her $120 and thanked her. She also said the Guzzi group was a bit special and if they did not mind waiting a bit longer than prior then she would probably make some bags for us. So send her an email and ask her if she has time to do it if you want a set.
If she still maintains it her email is: bagsforbikes@windstream.net

That's great. Thanks a million.
I'd rather support someone like her so I'll send her n email and see

Brian

For anyone looking for bag liners for their 8V, checkout http://www.motorbike-passion.eu/en/norge-1200.html. They're custom made for the Norge, fit perfectly and are of great quality. Even better, they're hand made in Italy and at a very good price. I have no connection to the site, just a very satisfied customer.

I bought some off the eBay seller greatbikersgear-gbg that appear very similar, if not the same bags. I see they still list them and are one of the first things that pop up under a "guzzi norge bag" search. I thought they worked well last season and certainly are handy. They're also handy for keeping items stored and sorted like rainwear, etc for everyday duties. I see at current exchange rates (they're a UK firm) that the cost is US $56.32 and $18.76 shipping so they're rather thrifty, too.

I bought some off the eBay seller greatbikersgear-gbg that appear very similar, if not the same bags. I see they still list them and are one of the first things that pop up under a "guzzi norge bag" search. I thought they worked well last season and certainly are handy. They're also handy for keeping items stored and sorted like rainwear, etc for everyday duties. I see at current exchange rates (they're a UK firm) that the cost is US $56.32 and $18.76 shipping so they're rather thrifty, too.
These would probably work fine but not the same. The liners she makes have small bags to fit in the cutout in the back of the bag. They don't fit into the cutout that well but they do work for smaller items. The straps look a bit stouter on hers but the UK ones appear to have a zippered side pocket which could be handy. As stated above I'm very happy with Karla's product and I think if needed I would go with them over taking a chance on the UK bags but if you like them then you probably feel the opposite. Just another choice.

I was wishing I could get Karla's but at the time I was looking, the messaging appeared to indicate she wasn't going to continue the activity. I just dropped the above information as the ones I got are still available and seem to be a viable and affordable option. I was nervous about ordering them all the way from the UK in case they were a disappointment and wished someone had posted about their experience with them (so now I did!). I recall them arriving quickly, perhaps about a week....

Back