• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Bagster/Baglux tank harness fitting Breva 1100

Brushwarrior

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi
Got a tank harness from Bagster (French luggage maker) via their importer in Wales.
Is the harness easy to fit or do i have to remove the tank and refit?
any comments appreciated.

Cheers

steve aka stevo

You do not have to remove the tank to install the Bagster, but you have to be extremely careful not to interfere with the throttle bodies cables or any of the plumbing underneath the tank, when you run your straps under the tank. The front straps are fairly straight forward. Moving the tank bag out of the way is the easiest I have ever dealt with at the gas pumps.

Also; at the first glimpse it doesn't fit very well, but will be snug after some time.
Bagster recommends fitting at +20*C or more, but as said, it will settle.

Steve

The Bagster is a doddle to fit. I found lifting the back of the tank and threading the middle strap over the air box the best solution, then if you want to take the cover off for washing the bike or when you are not using the tank bag just tuck the strap ends under the side pannels and seat, no need to thread the strap over the carbs every time you fit it, which is a bit fiddly.

You'll find the seat is a tight fit until the cover has settled in, as the cover goes under the front of the seat.

When removing the seat with the cover fitted push down on the back of the seat before turning the key, don't force the key, again it gets easyer with time.

Bronco_Breva.

Came back from Ireland doing the V11 rally at portaferry and tank bag etc worked really well :-D
now on the look for decent rear rack. then finally small screen for the front, needs it i think :-D

bronco_breva wrote:
Steve

The Bagster is a doddle to fit. I found lifting the back of the tank and threading the middle strap over the air box the best solution, then if you want to take the cover off for washing the bike or when you are not using the tank bag just tuck the strap ends under the side pannels and seat, no need to thread the strap over the carbs every time you fit it, which is a bit fiddly.

You'll find the seat is a tight fit until the cover has settled in, as the cover goes under the front of the seat.

When removing the seat with the cover fitted push down on the back of the seat before turning the key, don't force the key, again it gets easyer with time.

Bronco_Breva.

Not sure what a "doodle" is, but I think around here we use the term PITA. Nevertheless, having received my bagster tank protector yesterday and contemplating its installation, the approach above strikes me as rather sensible and I may give it a try, especially since threading the middle strap through all the FI plumbing strikes me as both difficult and risky when the middle strap is appropriately "cinched."

Now I have a slightly simpler question. The tank cover has two sets of straps at the front. Does one set go around the frame where the tank connects and the other around the steering head? I can't quite see the point of having two sets of straps and I'm not sure which set (one is much longer than the other) goes around each.

I too was unsure why the 2 straps at the front, I think its just to keep more of the front of the cover flat, I put both of the straps under the frame (behind the lower yoke) and have never had a problem.

Bronco_Breva

bronco_breva wrote:
Steve

Bronco_Breva.

Well, it turns out Bronco_Breva was right; the Bagster tank protector is a "doddle" to fit. I heartily recommend his solution for the middle strap, i.e. lifting the tank very slightly and sliding the strap over the airbox. Far better than trying to thread the strap through the plumbing under the frame. With the help of one of the folks at MI, even I was able to accomplish it in about 30 seconds.

Ah, but then came the more interesting part. What I assumed would be a simple task of attaching the D rings and snap connectors on the bag to the tank protector turned into a nightmare of trying to figure out why the D rings were connected to the backpack straps rather than directly to the bag. Why there were straps that connected to one another for no apparent reason. Why, in fact, were there straps that serve no earthly purpose except to connect to other straps. And what the hell one was supposed to do with all the extra strap length that appears to be needed only if one is planning to mount the tank bag on a very well fed horse or a silicone enhanced starlet.

After a half hour of wrestling with the damn straps and connectors, the job was done. Tank protector on bike, "Minea" bag on tank protector. The entire contraption looks like an ill-fitting suit at the moment, but I'm maintaining my faith that it will assume a more correct fit after a few days of sunshine.

Back