• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

BB TONTI REGISTRY and pic thread

Hi all,

Sorry, I won't publish my VIN or Rego. Another New Zealand rider, the perfect country for riding a Guzzi.​

On my 3rd Guzzi, after a long hiatus from ownership. Previous, Spada and an earlier Cali. Currently, and very happy to own an 80th anniversary California​

Guzzi 80th

Last edited:
I just wonder...what harm is there in posting a VIN?
As Scott says above, and I was a bit paranoid when I was young, but the reality is this... when parked in public, everything is accessible, VIN# and license plate, so my concern waned. Vincent motorcycles has a Registry, which is what started the idea for me, so I implemented it here.

Precisely! I never understood people who were paranoid about that kind of stuff that virtually anybody can look at and photograph when your motorcycle is out in public. :D

Yes he has, but then, haven't we all? DOP? I assume "date of purchase", that would be June 1984. I was friends, neighbor, with the dealer and he let me put Gus together and clean the cosmolene off when he came out of his crate. He, Gus that is, spent many years dormant with clutch, transmission issues but Charlie Cole made them all better.

As Scott says above, and I was a bit paranoid when I was young, but the reality is this... when parked in public, everything is accessible, VIN# and license plate, so my concern waned. Vincent motorcycles has a Registry, which is what started the idea for me, so I implemented it here.
You might check some publications about cloning vehicles. You'll find out there's a whole industry behind it with potentially nasty consequences for buyers. As a buyer of a classic motorcycle (at least here) it is hard to find out if a bike was stolen before buying because the DMV's and police are lamed by privacy legislation and don't share or have info about old registrations (for 'newer' vehicles there's more info available on the internet from private initiatives). They just can't or won't tell you if a bike was stolen before you buy it if it's an import - no kidding. When you've bought it it's too late if it was stolen/cloned.

This is how I driven it last summer. Now it’s dismantled and under construction. Wide forks, seat, dash, handlebars…….
Some personal touch, chopper style BUT still be able to have fun in the twistys because this thing steer’s unbelievable 🙈

8EDA6B90 AEDF 4F62 9D7B 6108CF24324D FF1FF9D7 0314 4EBF 84E8 B0D7287EAE23

Hello All,
I am purchasing a 1978 Le Mans Mk1, second generation. Its been in boxes since 1985. Its my first MG, but I am looking forward to getting her running. There are many parts missing, brake system, no wiring harness, ignition , throttle cables, rear shocks, exhausts, main stand etc. etc. I would like to upgrade the electrical/charging system / switchgear, brakes, and I will search the forms for best options.
Looking forward to this project and hearing her run again. The bike is being partially assembled so it looks like a motor cycle, in order to get an Irish log book as its currently on a UK one. The authorities here will check the frame and engine numbers to ensure they are correct on the log book and then issue an Irish one, or so I am told by a good source. Unnamed 12 20230322 151819

Robert 20230322 150240

Just purchased an '81 G5. Title only shows VIN as 211530. Anyone tell me if this is legit?

Thanks

Hello All,
I am purchasing a 1978 Le Mans Mk1, second generation. Its been in boxes since 1985. Its my first MG, but I am looking forward to getting her running. There are many parts missing, brake system, no wiring harness, ignition , throttle cables, rear shocks, exhausts, main stand etc. etc. I would like to upgrade the electrical/charging system / switchgear, brakes, and I will search the forms for best options.
Looking forward to this project and hearing her run again. The bike is being partially assembled so it looks like a motor cycle, in order to get an Irish log book as its currently on a UK one. The authorities here will check the frame and engine numbers to ensure they are correct on the log book and then issue an Irish one, or so I am told by a good source.
Are you keeping us updated on your progress? Please!

Back