• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Bellagio exhaust sound comparison

lolobebel

Just got it firing!
Hello all,

Tonight I finally received the Mistral pipes, and I tryed to make a "fair' sound comparison of different exhausts:
- stock exhaust
- cheap megatons (70 Eur/unit) with homemade insulation (+20 cm db-killers)
- Mistral stainless steel (650 Eur/pair) with and without db-killer.
The sound has been recorded with a Tascam recorder, using the same input level settings, of course!

IMO, mistral without dbk is really good, but the very deep sound may be annoying after some time, I'll see !

I may totally understand people who keep the stock pipes, but some noise fits quite well the "big V7" transformation.

Cheers !

Laurent

Mistral is the "right" sound, Laurent. I can't decide on baffle in or out though. I guess it's what you can live with, you and your neighbours...

Another vote for Mistral without db killer. I like the loudness.

so I bought the Bellagio mufflers from Frank 14 and they arrived in Australia 3 day's after he posted them .

after a little research on The Web about exhaust sound dynamics and muffler construction ,it was time for a little surgery.

after removing the 3 Allen keys that hold the aluminium tail pieces in ,a hole saw separated the tail pipe from the main body.

with a hacksaw 4 cuts radiating outward allowed the back end to be peeled open , with a little manipulation the restrictor assembly was withdrawn .

everything folded back into position and welded shut using a MIG welder .ensuring the bolt holes are straight .

a 5mm thick stainless steel cover plate with 32 mm exhaust pipe [a cut off piece from the internal restrictor tube ] sandwiched between the aluminium tail piece .

Presto great sounding exhausts ,better acceleration , higher top speed .

foot note : the original exhaust has a catalytic convertor chamber at the front of the muffler with a 32 mm exit into the main chamber ,providing adequate back pressure . and a minimum of popping or burbling at deceleration .

in my opinion a better , deeper sound than aftermarket pipes, and the bike still looks "original"

so here is a quick sketch of the internals ,and the required cuts in the rear of the muffler.

Bijgesloten bestand(en)

so I bought the Bellagio mufflers from Frank 14 and they arrived in Australia 3 day's after he posted them .

after a little research on The Web about exhaust sound dynamics and muffler construction ,it was time for a little surgery.

after removing the 3 Allen keys that hold the aluminium tail pieces in ,a hole saw separated the tail pipe from the main body.

with a hacksaw 4 cuts radiating outward allowed the back end to be peeled open , with a little manipulation the restrictor assembly was withdrawn .

everything folded back into position and welded shut using a MIG welder .ensuring the bolt holes are straight .

a 5mm thick stainless steel cover plate with 32 mm exhaust pipe [a cut off piece from the internal restrictor tube ] sandwiched between the aluminium tail piece .

Presto great sounding exhausts ,better acceleration , higher top speed .

foot note : the original exhaust has a catalytic convertor chamber at the front of the muffler with a 32 mm exit into the main chamber ,providing adequate back pressure . and a minimum of popping or burbling at deceleration .

in my opinion a better , deeper sound than aftermarket pipes, and the bike still looks "original"

so here is a quick sketch of the internals ,and the required cuts in the rear of the muffler.

Bijgesloten bestand(en)

Your link is not accessible.

Screen Shot 2017 05 29 at 91313 AM

Back