Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

Bellagio swap with 1100 2V engines (breva?)

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by jordaf, Jun 6, 2016.

1. jordaf

jordaf Just got it firing!

Hi Guzzisti,
    Has anyone ever considered the above engine swap? Both engines must be pretty similar .
    Would it make sense to envisage the engine hign end change only?

Food for thought

Bonne route

2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

A high mount alternator engine swap would very difficult, but anything is possible. Rossopuro put a Griso 8V engine in a Bellagio. I've heard the 940cc Bellagio engine is one of the most enjoyable 2V engines Guzzi ever built. That's said, I'm in the middle of a 1380cc 8V engine build along with a custom frame similar to the Bellagio since they were never brought in, and not legally allowed in because of it.

3. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

I would lean more towards upgrading the Bellagio motor then replacing it.

4. ghezzi

ghezzi High Miler GT Contributor

Apparently, you need to remove the whole alternator system from the 8V motor, and add the front timing case off a Bellagio or similar.
    For some reason, those who have done it used a Ducati crank mounted stator, with a little machining to fit.

The question is, can the Bellagio frame handle the extra power and torque.
    Many say no!
    I like an engineering challenge.

5. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

6. brlawson

brlawson Cruisin' Guzzisti

The Cal Vintage engine is a Breva engine that has been configured for what you are trying to do. Same internals and dual plug heads.

7. ghezzi

Personally I would say swapping those 2 engines is a waste of time.
    My 02 Cali Stone at 1062cc made 69rwhp and 60lbs of torque - with single plug heads.
    My 07 Bellagio at 936cc makes 76rwhp and 59lbs of torque - with dual plug heads.
    Both bikes have pipes, K&N and PC fitted

But all that extra power is more a result of rpm, peak power at 8,300.

If you want hp and torque, you will need the Griso 8V, 115rwhp and 80lbs torque from 3,000rpm to 8,300rpm with a beetle map, run on the same dyno as my 2 bikes, Fred from Procycle Dyno.

The only time I have needed more power out of the Bellagio is on the track, although my chassis mods allows getting so hard on the gas early in a turn, that I often run out of revs while cranked over too far to get my foot under the gear lever.

8. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

That is why I would run reverse shift pattern on the track. Not the easiest thing to do on a Guzzi, but being able to bang upshifts by stomping down on the shifter can be your friend.
    I like the idea of the Bellagio motor, big pistons and a short throw crank. A nice motor that likes to rev. All it really needs is the 4 valve per cylinder heads of an 8 valve Griso (like Todds small block conversion). Not really possible, but if it was that would be awesome. Failing that, perhaps you can get the current set up to breath better with porting and perhaps a cam (or a blower).....

9. ghezzi

I could start with an 8V 1200 and slot a 66mm crank in it just for the rev ability, but I know plenty of Griso owners using a 9k rev limiter, so it becomes a worthless practice sacrificing a sweet torque flat (not a curve) from 3k to 8k rpm.

Anyhow I'm busy with a Multistrada front end swap .............................

10. jordaf

jordaf Just got it firing!

Tks Mates ( any Lady ? probably not, what a sad world)

OK got your point! I forget about it. Anyway probably far beyond my skills, if any.

I do not quite concurr to Todd's: "Bellagio engine is one of the most enjoyable 2V engines Guzzi ever built", Nossir, Bellagio engine IS the most enjoyable 2V engines Guzzi ever built :) ! And my heart is with the true grit of 2V . The only thing is a little shortage of breath riding up hill ( I live in the Mountains) . Maybe should I consider loosing weight...

I'll give another try to a 4V Griso, but I felt 4V in general as having lost too much vibes in the process...

Thanks again . If anybody envisages a trip to French Alps this summer , I'll be glad to welcome him.

Bonne Route

11. ghezzi

Maybe a hair dryer would suffice. ;)