• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Bellagio.

Obviously made to Tonti specs then modified the lower frame rails and rear gearbox mounting points.

I consider it to be a factory modified Tonti frame with modern big block mount points.

But, it could be argued .....

It's the one and only true hybrid; Half Tonti, half CARC.
It's a big block. One day I hope to ride one.
Tod, it's a ......pleasant bike to ride but no world beater.
If I were to change anything I would lower the primary drive ratio, as it is about 90kph is possible in first gear and there is no way in hell 6th gear can be used unless you are going down a mine shaft.
And somehow address the drive backlash, maybe back off the engine braking but I think that a lower primary would go a long way here.
Would I sell it? No.
And I have only ever seen a second one in 8 years of owning it.
Unique, crowd pleaser and strangely wonderful to ride.
Cheers.

Why do guys compare this motorcycle to that motorcycle and what is a “world beater” really? Isn’t that more a state of mind rather than a specification sheet?

Am I the weird bird because I look at motorcycles like I do my sons? I appreciate them for their unique gifts and strengths and I recognize their limitations and that’s ok too.

I find joy in each of my motorcycles. Truly. They are all “strangely wonderful”.

(That’s a lovely phrase by the way, Chris 😁)

Scott, that's a throw away statement and only means that the world marches on and you are not going to beat it.
But I must admit that comparison to other bikes is hard to avoid because in this life we have choice, I am not forced to have this bike - I choose to .
And constantly musing about that bike accelerates faster and thus bike is more powerful is natural when riding in a group.
I could have any bike I wanted, really but it's the constant comparison and doubt that centres me back to my Bellagio.
It's made me a better mechanic and I 'understand' its language well enough.

So, would I buy a bike like the V100, yes, but would I sell the Bellagio, no.

That's the comparison right there.
Thanks.

Not sure as to your exact meaning here and there but that’s exactly what I mean when I wrote in my signature

“Non-personal non-verbal internet communication often bewilders me.”

Enjoy. Moving on.

How would you compare the Bellagio with a V7 (say the latest one) if any of you had a chance of owning or riding both?
I am familiar with the visible differences including the rear suspension / drivetrain, the short stroke engine in the Bellagio, etc. Not sure how different they are to ride and own?

As you say, the Bellagio is much more highly specified bike than any V7.
CARC rear end, hydraulic clutch, double disk brakes etc.

All I can really comment on is that the V7 feels smaller and is better suited to traffic than the Bellagio but I do a lot of two up riding and thats not something that I wish to do on something smaller

Oh, and the Bellgio seat is superb!
All important with the Misses.

Thanks Chris,

That's more less what I thought. However, the difference of the (claimed) wet weight between the two bikes is only 8 kg, which is less than what I thought it is. A small gap that can be closed by installing a lighter set of pipes.

The Bellagio looks like an interesting machine. If it is equipped with tubeless tyres (I am not sure if it is), that would make it even more interesting.

It's interesting alright!
Tubed front, tubeless rear.
I think that a standard set of Bellagio pipes weighs in at 15kg, you won't drop them for a rear wheel tyre change using only one hand!
The thing with the Bellagio is that it was Guzzi's last ditch stand at doing two valves and ended up an amalgamation of parts that just seem to work.
I have had more people giving me a thumbs up riding this bike than any other, could be out of sympathy - who knows.
Chris.

Back