• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Best slip-on's for V7Racer? Arrow or Zard? Others?

V7Racer

Just got it firing!
Hello,

Just purchased my first Moto Guzzi. a new 2013 Racer. It was love at first site. Just curious what others would recommend for an exhaust upgrade. I want to be able to maximize the beautiful exhaust note this engine is capable of, and certainly not providing with the stock, almost anemic sounding exhaust system. I believe MG (Europe) offers the Arrow system as part of the "Record Kit". Is Arrow a more appropriate choice? I have found it difficult locating any accessories for this bike. MG shows nothing on line and never responded to an email inquiry I made. Any suggestions, help, or other exhaust and/or accessory companies you can provide would be greatly appreciated.......best regards!

Congrats on your new bike. If you're like me, you're going to love it. I just finished the breakin period on my Racer, and looking forward to many more miles of smiles. About your exhaust question, there are a ton of posts on the subject if you do a search. I have the Arrows on my 2013 Racer, and I'm very happy with them. I was originally going to get Mistrals which have a removable DB killer and are less expensive but my dealer had the pipes and a 2 up seat put together as a kit with a discount so I was ready to roll out the door. It was hard to pass up.

I think you'll find most people are very happy with their exhaust choices. I've heard good reports on all makes, Agostini, Zard, Mistral, etc. You can find a list of some Racers and mods that riders have made on this registry, feel free to add your bike to thelist. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...M3SlFDR3M5S1FCNm9VX25MVnc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

As for where to get them, I know you can order direct or some suppliers have website ordering. Not sure where you're located for dealer options. My opinion and experience with the Arrows is that they are expensive but they are extremely well built, welds and finish are excellent. I really like the satin finish. I think the Chrome Mistrals in combination with the Chrome tank would have been too much. The Zards come in Satin or can be Black ceramic which might be nice. The Arrows don't have a removable DB Killer, so if you want louder pipes and free flow you'll have to get out a hole saw and make the mod yourself. I'm tempted to do it, but once I do, there' s no going back. So if they did have removable DB Killers, I'd say they would be perfect. How do they sound? They sound really great both at idle and when getting up the RPMs. Throaty and a nice bark but not so loud you can't ride through your neighborhood.

Some folks have reported backfiring or "popping" on decel with Mistrals. I haven't had any of that with the Arrows. You'll find that in some current posts. Good luck and enjoy the bike!

I have the year-older model so I can't address fueling issues on your bike. I know some have said that the new fuel system does a pretty good job of compensating for the increased flow with aftermarket pipes. BTW, I don't really consider Arrows "aftermarket". MG sells them as an option so they do conform with most noise level and emission regulations. I'm not sure if they have catalytic converters in them or not (the stock ones have cats).

I would have to say that Mistrals are the most common. It may be because of price. We're all going to tell you that whatever we bought for our bikes is the best choice. I put Agostinis on my bike, so they are the best, of course. :lol:

There are lots and lots of videos on youtube of V7s with various pipes. The recorded sound varies by the recording and playback equipment, of course, but at least you can compare them to each other.

AF1Racing, MGcycle, Harpers, Corsaspeedshop all have online stores and can sell you pipes. You can buy Agostini direct from the MFG in Italy.

Congrats on the V7R, and welcome to the Forum. There is a nice long thread on mufflers, just have a look or search.
As the owner of this site, I'm surprised and curious as to why folks on this Forum seem unaware that I sell things like mufflers/exhaust. Just click on the Store tab above. I offer Zard; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/produc ... pathway-32 -- and I'm currently developing a fully custom 2-1 stainless GT-Rx™ system that will collect on on the left side of the bike (à la Griso), and have a muffler that will exit under the transmission angled to the right side of the bike. I am also a dealer for Agostini, Mille Percento and Rosso Puro.
John is correct on the Arrows... they contain a cat-con and are non-adjustable as to sound. They meet emission and sound requirements from the factory. They are lighter then the stock mufflers, and have a nice look. That's about it outside of being VERY pricey.

Feel free to contact me direct e-mail with any questions; Todd at GuzziTech.com

will look forward to seeing that custom 2 into 1 Todd, when might that be available?

tonUPRacer said:
will look forward to seeing that custom 2 into 1 Todd, when might that be available?
I hope to have some pictures to share here in the next week or two max. I'll post under separate heading when I do.

Thanks to all you gents for the input and help. I will continue to research. I too look forward to the 2 into 1 system that Todd will have. I'm still learning the "ins and outs" of this website but really like what I see so far. I look forward to learning and sharing on this site and thanks again to all that replied! Happy riding!

Hi, Pops here from the UK, contact Jim at Quill here in uk, they made a pair for my v7 racer and they are GREAt, super sound with removable baffles :D take care, Pops.

Welcome to this great site. I too was in the same dilemma as you a couple of months ago. I have researched all the various pipe options available for the V7R and decided on getting a set of Mistrals. There a numerous vids on YouTube with all sorts of pipes on small block V7's, they all sound great. The common ones are Mistral, Agostini, La Franconi and Arrow. I have since had a bespoke stainless 2-1 system made for my V7R and wow it sounds nuts!! When Todd gets his systems available to buy, snap one up,trust me you won't be dissappointed and you will have one of the select few 2-1 systems that have been specially fabbed for the V7R. I believe I currently have the only one right now, I could be wrong... If u can wait it out...

Couple of questions:

I've heard tell of a guy mounting Emgo slip ons, any info on that here?

Can we we a picture of the 2:1 prototype?

Regards, Paul

Personally I'm going to hold out and deal with Todd on the system he's developing. There are cheap "universal" one's on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/350847134845?ss ... 1438.l2649 but I don't want to put inferior quality on a brand new classic bike. The Lafranconi's I've not been able to find easily, and am uncertain of their workmanship. The only one's I see readily available online are the Zard's. But again, I'm really leaning toward the 2 into 1 system. From the teaser pic I've seen I think it's going to be trick!.....And I'm hoping the sound will accentuate the stock exhaust in which I can detect ever so slightly, faint muffled sounds of sweetness. Just waiting to see some finished results and pictures of the final project, (and hopefully sound clips). I want to bring this bike to life!!!!! :whistle:

where are the pics of the prototype 2-1 Todd is developing? And, is it just for the v7 racer or will it look good on the stone too? Thanks.

Todd emailed me just a partial picture (teaser pic) as it's still on the bench being made. I'd post it but not sure he wants me to do that as he has said prior that he will be posting pics when he (it's) ready. He is out of town until 08/16 but if you email him direct I'm sure he will answer any fitment questions or otherwise ASAP. I'm chomping at the bit!! ;)

V7Racer said:
Todd emailed me just a partial picture (teaser pic) as it's still on the bench being made. I'd post it but not sure he wants me to do that as he has said prior that he will be posting pics when he (it's) ready. He is out of town until 08/16 but if you email him direct I'm sure he will answer any fitment questions or otherwise ASAP. I'm chomping at the bit!! ;)

Thanks for the info! I read the posts about him posting a pic but the thread was a tiny bit old so I figured maybe he did already and I simply couldn't find it. PS. If you're feeling generous about that teaser pic you can always message or email it to me ;) haha! Yea, I'm looking forward to seeing the final product myself. I am not sure if I am more into the 2-1 though, maybe it's something you have to see in person. I don't really like all the twists and turns that I've seen with the 2-1...most of what I've seen looks too sloppy for my taste. Someone posted on here a custom 2-1 exhaust for his v7 racer not too long ago, and I didn't love the undulations in the headers and what not...anyway, thanks again.

Paul,

The EMGO slip ons are just that - after market chromed (poorly) mufflers that should be called chokers. To get them to work properly, they need to have the restrictor plate removed and add some sound absorbing materials. Even when this is done they still sound like shyte.

How do I know? I tried one on my 1200 Sport (2 Valve) - added some ponies initially, but I couldn't stand the high pitched noise when riding - and I wear earplugs! I could have solved the problem if I rode fast enough (faster than the speed of sound) but that has other issues (not on a Guzzi, not on a normal road, not near any cops). Saving pennies for one that "sounds" right.

The EMGO's are designed to be a retro/replacement for pre 70s Triumphs, Nortons, BSAs etc. Still if you are inclined, they come with next to no muffling capabilities and you could have some fun and annoy the neighbours - backfires on the overrun sound awesome! Kind of like small arms fire...
:blush:

Folks, I should have some decent photos to show of the 2-1 by this coming weekend. I'm only building five (5), and I have one sold, and one person very interested already, so reach me direct e-mail the minute I post if you're interested in one.

GT-Rx said:
Folks, I should have some decent photos to show of the 2-1 by this coming weekend. I'm only building five (5), and I have one sold, and one person very interested already, so reach me direct e-mail the minute I post if you're interested in one.

do you think it would look decent on the Stone?

Back