• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Best slip-on's for V7Racer? Arrow or Zard? Others?

francod123 said:
do you think it would look decent on the Stone?
It'll look great on any of them honestly, and sound even better then it looks.

GT-Rx said:
francod123 said:
do you think it would look decent on the Stone?
It'll look great on any of them honestly, and sound even better then it looks.

Somehow you've piqued my interest with only one sentence about it. Add me to the 'very interested' list...please.

When 1 of the lucky 5 get these babies, could the lucky guy or gal please put some pics and maybe even youtube clip up so we can hear the music? Puulllleeaassee? Maybe someday if I save my pennies I can afford a set.

GT-Rx said:
Folks, I should have some decent photos to show of the 2-1 by this coming weekend. I'm only building five (5), and I have one sold, and one person very interested already, so reach me direct e-mail the minute I post if you're interested in one.

Hi Todd,
this is my first interaction on this forum. I have a 2012 v7 racer (black tank) #118 completely stock at this point. I absolutely love the bike but i find the throttle response lacking and I am planning on pulling my ECU and sending it to you for a re-map. I have been talking with a rider named Robert on WildGuzzi and he said he was very happy with your recommended combo of map/PowerCommander (I believe he sent his ECU to you for the mod). This leads me to the the natural next step of replacing the exhaust/pipes. I will admit a large part of my decision is aesthetic (I would much prefer the black Zards or the magnificent looking Agostinis (sp) in the brushed charcoal finish. However after reading through your tech forum and finding you are building a custom exhaust system for these bikes, well, I'd love to have a peek. And it seems from what I've read this 2-1 system is really about improving performance which for me is what I'm really after. Please put me on the list as far as emailing me your pictures of your work. And the way I understand it, you are taking orders for these pipesets? and will build no more than 5?
I love it!

While i prefer the more classic look of a dual exhaust, it would be nice to see a picture and know the price point of Todd's creation. Until then it's only a myth.

Regards, Paul

roadscum said:
Until then it's only a myth.
Really?

Target pricing is $995. Muffler will be a reverse cone look, and exit will resemble my Griso underbody. Two are already sold, so three left. I can color coat them for an additional cost with JetHot. This system will drop an easy ~20+ lbs. from the bike vs. the stock system and/or most aftermarket slip-ons.

GT-Rx said:
roadscum said:
Until then it's only a myth.
Really?

Target pricing is $995. Muffler will be a reverse cone look, and exit will resemble my Griso underbody. Two are already sold, so three left. I can color coat them for an additional cost with JetHot. This system will drop an easy ~20+ lbs. from the bike vs. the stock system and/or most aftermarket slip-ons.

I just emailed you Todd.

Todd,
I'm not having any luck sending you a PM, although I did send an email. I'll take one of the 2 into 1 exhaust systems. Have you got a picture of the silencer you are going to use? Let me know when you need the credit card info.

Pat

PS Thanks for doing this :mrgreen:

Got your e-mail thanks.

Using a muffled reverse cone meg, similar to below. I hope to have some pics of the full system very soon. I'll post the minute I do.

Two systems left folks.

serpent said:
Have you got a shot of the full system Todd?
Not quite yet, I'll post as soon as I do, but there's only one left not claimed.

I have a feeling that once I get tired of the Arrows I'm going to regret not jumping on this. Decisions, decisions! Looks like good stuff, Todd.

All of the systems are now claimed. If you'd still like one, send me a direct e-mail and I'll keep a running list in case someone backs out.

Thanks all.

I've just fitted a set of STAINTUNE pipes on the V7R. They look and sound great. 1.8 kg lighter than stock. FullSizeRender 1
Full Stainless reverse cone. http://staintune.com.au/
I had a similar set on my Ducati M900 and they looked as good after 20 years as they did new. I need a bit of remapping I think, as I'm getting a bit of popping on DE-acceleration, but I rather like it so I'm in no rush. Not cheap but top shelf. FullSizeRender
I'm a bit surprised at how blue my header pipes are. I've seen other V7's with more miles and less color. dealer isn't concerned but the bike sure gets hot. Think a sump extender might be on my shopping list, though there are a few guys in the MG club here who think that they aren't necessary and the factory knew what they were doing when they designed the bike. I'm still undecided.

I put on used ZARDs recently which I shot on ebay for a very decent price.
Easy to mount to stock headers, quality is great, db killer can be removed in 10 secs and for me they look awesome.
On the negatove side: they tend to pop slighty when closing the throttle which may be caused by the injection system, though.
The sound (with db killers installed) is not at all bad, more deep tone than stock mufflers but I actually expected more....
Anyway, for me a clear keeper.

Upload 2014 10 22 12 43 20

Back