Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Between stars and the earth

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by john zibell, May 12, 2021.

1. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Great video from Piaggio. Long but well done.

2. BrianR

BrianR Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

There is increased resonance to this video as I saw it after coming home from an Oncology visit that gave me a limited time on this planet between the "stars and the earth". I have a job that allows me to ride a bike about every day and Moto Guzzi fill two-thirds of those days. It may well stimulate me to purchase a V85 as I just seem to run into one problem after another with the Stelvio. Perhaps a visit to my local dealer is in the cards. More time on a bike, means less time thinking about other things in my opinion.

3. Matthew Nuttall

Matthew Nuttall Tuned and Synch'ed

Cool video for sure. A lot of my generation has been described as "too old to explore the Earth, too young to explore the stars."

At least we are old enough to experience the magic of Moto Guzzis!

4. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

I hope your treatments go well and are successful so you have many years to come.

Bill Hagan and BrianR like this.
  5. Moto-Uno

Moto-Uno Cruisin' Guzzisti

There's a nice selection at "International" in Langley . Peter

6. BrianR

Yes I saw them and on sale as well at $13600...perhaps tomorrow

7. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan GT Reference GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    "Liking" that seemed wrong on countless levels, but I did because such a post deserves immediate acknowledgement.

Your post stopped me in my tracks. Actually, as I was sitting in the kitchen sipping coffee, I wasn't making much headway. :giggle:

Seriously, if that medical visit and your other activities get you on the road anywhere near the top of Virginia, please check in.

There are, indubitably, more compelling destinations, but the roads here are stupendous, the Moto Grappa has a harem you are welcome to sample if you didn't ride all this way, and Kathi and I run a faux B&B with unbeatable rates - code for $0 ;) -- for select Guzzisti and their spousal units. :clap:

Please keep all of us here posted on your doings.

Best wishes,

Bill

scottmastrocinque likes this.
  8. Moto-Uno

Moto-Uno Cruisin' Guzzisti

That's really a friendly offer . Here's hoping our borders open soon . Peter

Bill Hagan likes this.
  9. Bill Hagan

Indeed.

Attached Files:

10. Raven

Raven High Miler GT Famiglia

Excellent video. I liked the comment that in space your senses are numbed. When you get out of the rocket on your return, the first thing experience is the smell of grass and earth.
    Kinda makes you happy to live here on this little planet.

scottmastrocinque likes this.
  11. BrianR

Thanks to both Bill and John for your kind thoughts. This "male disease" called Prostate Cancer came in with a rush last year and after surgery in Nov 2020, it still stubbornly resisted and so now it's at Stage 4 and non-curative, but I'm on treatment to keep it in check, which may give me around 5 years. I'm doing well and working full time still and riding every day and fiddling on with my Guzzis and enjoying life.
    Things might change in the future, but right now there are family, friends, dogs and bikes to keep me focused and occupied.

scottmastrocinque and Bill Hagan like this.
  12. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque Scott Mastrocinque GT Famiglia

Life is precious, all of life. I wish you the very best of everyday in hope that you can make the very most of it for yourself and loved ones. Do everything. Experience everything. Live. You are still very much alive my friend. Never forget this.

BrianR likes this.
  13. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque Scott Mastrocinque GT Famiglia

Bill, you are without a doubt the very nicest person I’ve never had the pleasure to meet personally. Truly.

Bill Hagan and BrianR like this.
  14. Bill Hagan

You are kind.

I need to keep you from any conversations with Kathi about my virtues and vices. :giggle:

Bill

john zibell likes this.
  15. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson High Miler GT Contributor

Bill, you are a gentleman in the truest sense.

Bill Hagan likes this.