• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Bevel Box Oil leak. 2005 Breva 750

Peter Lamb

Just got it firing!
Just getting around to sorting an oil leak on the bevel box. Before I jump in too far in trying to sort it, I wondered if you guys have past experiences as to the source of the leak.

The leak only really occurs when ridden, not when just standing. It tends to lightly coat the wheel rim gradually over a ride of say 100 miles.

The breather is clear, so there should be no pressure build up to cause it. The bike has covered 8,000 miles.

Pete.

Looks like factory tools are going too be need to disassemble the drive unit.

Hi Pete, there is a paper gasket around the perimeter which is a fairly simple replacement. If it is deeper than that (inner or outer oil seal), I would recommend having someone who has done them handle it unless you are well versed in this type of replacement.

Thanks. Yes, I don't think I can get any further without the special tools.
I'll replace to two paper gaskets and see how it goes.
Pete.

Hello Peter.
On my 2011 Classic Cafe it was the Great Seal ring 75x95x10 caused the leak.
I had to take a puller to do the job. My bike has just rolled 12000 km so I'm not exactly impressed with the quality ...

/ Hasse

When I removed the rear drive unit a small amount of clean water ran out of the swinging arm tube. So I have removed the swinging arm to investigate the cause of the water ingress, and check that the UJ wasn't contaminated. There is a small hole in the rubber boot where it joins the swinging arm. It looks as though the leak was caused by the internal wire circlip that retains the boot to the swinging arm. The circlip is about 20mm short of making a complete circle. The distance between the two ends has allowed the boot to distort and one of the sharp pointed ends has cut a hole in the boot. I've ordered a new boot and will probably see if I can source a better cirlcip.

Back