RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, Happy 2019! Note all of our products and custom bike builds are now on our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com. You may need a new username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. NOTE: We are not Amazon, we are a tiny handmade business. Thanks for your patience on orders. GuzziTech is now back to our origins; Enjoy the Guzzi Community Forum and Resources here. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine 2000-2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles Performance and Service workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work via our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our Seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

Beware of Ducpower/Guzzitech from eBay is NOT associated with this site

Discussion in 'Chat & Tech Info' started by JohnSmith, Dec 31, 2018.

1. JohnSmith

JohnSmith Just got it firing!

So the goal of this post is to inform others of how shady ED MILICH is.

To keep it short...

I purchased from his ebay store (guzzitech) a pair of calipers
    WAS DESCRIBED AS PERFECT WORKING CONDITION
    PISTONS STUCK - UNUSABLE without work.
    RETURNED.. contacted seller (ED Milich)
    GOT CUSSED OUT
    Anyone sane will leave a negative feedback. I did

Ed then purchased an item from me using his second account (ducpower)
    His sole purpose is to leave a negative retaliatory feedback.

That's HOW LOW Ed can get to. He will actually purchase something and use his own money to get revenge.

You can see from the messages he will CUSS YOU THE HELL out if he disagrees with anything you say.

First of all, biker-to-biker, WHY would you sell such a critical part like brake calipers and list them as GOOD WORKING condition if they are NOT?? That's crazy dangerous. You SHOULD BE ASHAMED

I will be posting this to motorcyclist magazine also.
    Thanks ED.

guzzitech_feedback2.PNG guzzitech_feedback.PNG guzzitech_chat2.PNG guzzitech_chat1.PNG guzzitech3.PNG guzzitech2.PNG guzzitech1.PNG

2. V700Steve

V700Steve Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

That's not Todd, That's Ed !! They have been separate for some time now.

3. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Zero association with this site, and I have requested numerous times for eBay to require a change of his screen name, as we deal with all of the vile emails that come this way from similar stupidity as outlined above.

Poppe and john zibell like this.
  4. Raven

Raven Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Yikes! What a way to end the year!

Poppe likes this.
  5. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Site Contributor!

Order only from the GuzziTech website. You will not be disappointed, Todd is awesome.

6. GT-Rx®

Guys, to clarify further, I've been the sole owner of GuzziTech since its inception in 2001. He contributed to the site, along with hundreds of others. Five years ago, through the courts and at great expense to me, I made sure that there was no confusion any more. Milich has nothing to do with GuzziTech. He was never an owner, founder, partner, proprietor, etc of GuzziTech as he claimed to be. With respect to the eBay name, he has taken my name without my permission and eBay has refused to remedy the situation. My eBay name is GuzziTech_LLC - https://www.ebay.com/usr/guzzitech_llc

Poppe, john zibell and V700Steve like this.
  7. Poppe

Poppe Cruisin' Guzzisti

Did you report this to Ebay? Also, I'd blast ebay on Twitter. Twitter seems to get everyone to hurry up.

8. Wisconsin v7 Racer

Wisconsin v7 Racer Cruisin' Guzzisti

Hopefully he's tried calling Ebay.

Poppe likes this.
  9. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Site Contributor!

Todd has tried "and eBay has refused to remedy the situation".

eBay has little interest in keeping things running fairly on there site, as they make a lot of money from people acting unprofessionally. One of the reasons I never use them myself.

Poppe and Trout like this.
  10. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

I'll be posting this information elsewhere, hope nobody minds.

Poppe likes this.
  11. Raven

Ebay only cares about sellers. That's where they make their money. If there is an issue or problem, it's a huge convoluted run around to get anything done about it. Their buyer protection is a joke.
    This issue of using the Guzzitech name is crazy. Something should be done about it.

Poppe likes this.
  12. GT-Rx®

I did, of course. I spent 30+ angry/valuable minutes on the phone presenting my LLC name, and a handful of angry emails from eBay customers of his. All that came of it is that they shut my account down until I changed my name from GuzziTech_com to GuzziTech_LLC.
    I’m not a seller on eBay, so as stated above, only the sellers get traction. When I have more bandwidth and money to spend on attorneys, I’ll engage them again.

V700Steve and Poppe like this.
  13. Poppe

Poppe Cruisin' Guzzisti

Reddit is a good spot to get people motivated. Reddit and Twitter are usually how I get companies to react and get things going.

For sure. So awful. In regards to my reporting to twitter comment, I meant that for OP, since they are a seller as well, they might have some leverage of being "attacked" by another seller, especially with the poop response.

14. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

But in the end, it's only the attorneys who win.

Poppe likes this.
  15. Poppe

Poppe Cruisin' Guzzisti

Also, I'd make a complaint to the FTC for fraud, the Attorneys General of your state, what ever consumer bureau you have in your state, and then finally your own representative of your district? Ebay doesn't want regulation and government intervention of any kind makes them act quickly as well. If you need help, I'll help you track down the right people. I hate crap like this and people getting screwed over.

Trout likes this.
  16. Poppe

Poppe Cruisin' Guzzisti

See if this helps you:

https://imgur.com/a/UCk5RHy

17. guzzigray

guzzigray Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Dear all. I just had a conversation with Mark at Moto Guzzi Classics regarding this matter. He verifies all of the above facts/information regarding Ed and JohnSmiths issues.

Here's where it gets sticky: Ed did in fact purchase some shirts from JohnSmith with the sole intention of leaving negative feedback. He also used Moto Guzzi Classics as the shipping address for the shirts. (Mark and Ed have known each other for years and as Ed splits his time between San Francisco and LA Mark's shop is sometimes Ed's drop ship location).

Seeing Moto Guzzi Classics as the shipping address for this transaction JohnSmith has proceeded to flame Mark and Moto Guzzi Classics on Yelp which has spun Mark out as he has absolutely nothing to do with this transaction and he has no way of responding to the Yelp review.

Mark and I are friends and he just called me to vent. I offered to come here to explain the position he is in.

I'm here to kindly ask JohnSmith to call Mark at 562 986 0070 to resolve this situation. I completely understand the anger and disappointment towards Ed for his actions but dragging Mark and Moto Guzzi Classics into this is not ok.

Thank you.

Trout, Poppe and GT-Rx® like this.
  18. Raven

What a total sh$% show this has become!!!

Poppe likes this.
  19. guzzigray

guzzigray Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Yep:

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 11.08.22 AM.png

Poppe likes this.
  20. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan GT Reference GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    Yes.

You say that like it's a bad thing. :giggle:

Bill, Esq.

===========

Seriously, and about the mess this has become, it seems to me that the OP is not without fault in this.

I refer particularly to his "Ready, Fire, Aim!" approach.

The OP came here thinking he was blackening Todd's name. Yet, when corrected, he "apologized,” but diluted that with an explanation that he thought this was the eBay seller's site. Granted, the name confusion is annoying to all -- not least of all to Todd -- but due diligence would likely have avoided the OP's careless libel.

The OP now seems to have erroneously drawn Mark at MG Classics into this.

I really do understand righteous indignation when one does not get what one bargains for, but whipping the Hellespont didn't get Xerxes across, and neither, IMO, will rage right this wrong if there is one.

If the OP has a legitimate legal claim, it appears that he might live in the same state as the vendor, thus perhaps a small-claims court is available to let an objective forum hear this dispute rather than having the web mob be a jury.

Administrative and legal processes can be frustrating and painfully slow. And, public airing of private disputes might be more satisfying in the moment. But the former avoids potential, unforeseen, and expensive backlash. That may yet come to the OP.

This is NOT legal advice, but if I were the OP, I would back away from any more public discussions of this matter, and pursue his claims in such calm and reasoned ways as he can muster in existing commercial or legal channels … or just chalk it up to several lessons learned. The latter might be the least costly route, as tilting windmills tends to break lot$ of lance$.

Bill

V700Steve, john zibell, Trout and 2 others like this.