• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Big Gal Gone.

Toadride

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Yes, she is gone. I will miss her. Having served her purpose as a long distance, comfortable, high speed cruiser ( full of bugs but all swatted) I decided to downsize a bit. Test drove this:

and I just have to say, the nimbleness of this bike made it feel like a 500. Anyhoo, the trade is done but I hope to keep putting my 2 cents in here as, one thing for sure, I did collect a lot of knowledge of all the tweaks and twerks the Stelvio continues to come with. Thanks to Todd, a great guy, a great service and a great site, and to everybody else who has given such good input along the way.
Toad

Toad,
Hope the Zuki is all you expect. How many miles did you put on the Stelvio before the move.?

Doug, sorry to see/hear, but hope you enjoy the Wee-Strom. You'll be back on a Guzzi before too long. People stray, but always come back. It's an addiction remember.
I hope you do still check in often, and thanks for the kind words. It was great spending time with you.
Also, if you ever have the need to ride one again any time soon; RentAGuzzi.com B)

38000 kms. on the Big Gal. I am sure she is going to make the next owner very happy.
Todd. It feels wee but is the new 1000.
And, I saw your fly and ride add. There could be a winter cruiser ride in my future. ;)

Toadride said:
38000 kms. on the Big Gal. I am sure she is going to make the next owner very happy.
Well one cant say you didn't give the old gal a good run. You are the type of previous owner I wish many new to Guzzi buyers could pick up a bike from. Good Riding.

I rode the new dl1k a few weeks back (and suzuki did a lot of good with the ) Vee strom
, I still have my 06 dl650 and will till it dies. ( I have 200k on 2 wees at this point), and have had 2 dl1ks as well...still prefer the 650 (that is personal)

Hope you enjoy the new ride...I thought Suzuki could not make the vee strom any uglier but the baby shit brown dl1k gen3 takes the prize.....holy fuck my retinas :shock:

But seriously youll love the totally boring owner experience....rub the chain with gear saver every time you come home and fill with shell rotella -t 5w- 30 every 4-5k miles, wash no more than once yearly unless you ride in the salt,

chains and sprockets at 15k
brake pads front at 15k
rear pads at 45k
tires as needed
TBS shite every 10-15k
plugs Just use stds change at 15k your idle will thank you

SET Valves to MAX loose at 15K and forget they exist till 65,000 or so. (the motor is still a tl1k variant in the heads)

Any more Maint. or fiddling with a strom than this other than farkeling will just fuck it up. when in doubt it is fine if it dosen't fall off.

seriously my old '04 650 is now at 168,000mi (with its second owner, and has only ever had the motor opened to set the valves!) and my current New '06 some 88k and the only repair or a non wear part was a TPS sensor with a tiny dead spot just off idle) These bikes just do not break(at least the old stroms did not, after the wheel spacer and clutch basket re-do on the year 1 gen 1, 1000s)

Biggest risk is you will get board... I love my strom but it has the soul of a Sunbeam Toaster oven my 06 a long while ago before the corbin, Kristas, cruise, etc. (the worst thing with the stroms is ya do stuff to them just for something to do...
DSC00017.jpg

Yeah I meant to paint those 75% off yellow cases about 6 years back but it never got done now it is kind of a trdmark in my area, everybody around knows my wee when they see it. The milage is kind of low but I have a few bikes to rotate thru :roll:

I Rode the new Caponord 1200 Travelpak 2 weeks back....what a bike....WHAT A BIKE :!:

Back