Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

Blasphemy

Discussion in 'Loop & Tonti' started by scrublink, Jun 2, 2014.

1. scrublink

scrublink Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

I took advantage of another Brands Demo Day and tried a new bike. Since everyone and their mother owns a Harley these days, I have been content to stay with my old girl (1999 Bassa) because I like to be a bit unique (downright odd to most people).

I rode the new Chieftain and I hate to say this but I like it. I have ridden the current line from Harley, Triumph, and BMW and they just weren't what I was looking for. I now think that I have to track down a new California Touring before I do something silly.

Has anyone else here battled the possible loss of Guzzi faith? I know I could keep the old girl and just buy another but, is that really fair to let her sit? She still does all that I ask of her and never complains, it is jsut that she is not exactly comfortable no matter what I do when both myself and the wife are on her. I found myself riding her more after my brief interlude, as if this would make up for my infidelity.

I feel dirty and unworthy.

2. TalkingGriso

TalkingGriso Tuned and Synch'ed

Maybe I'm not the best person to weigh in on this, as I'm only on my first Guzzi. But my advice is to buy whatever turns you on.... and keep the Guzzi if possible. The few diehard Guzzisti I've met own multiple brands of bikes, because at heart, we're just bike freaks. Go for it, man!

3. scrublink

I am actually happy (for the most part) with my old girl. I just can't seem to make it comfortable. After 7 years I am still fiddling with various things to make it so that I am able to ride this bike for decent distances. After 1/2 and hour my butt goes numb. You name it, I have tried it.

4. abbienormal

abbienormal High Miler GT Famiglia

You need to try the new California 1400 then decide. I did not ride either one but I sat on both. The Indian felt good but the bars were way wide and it felt heavier. I have never owned a cruiser style bike before but my new Cali 1400 Tour just had 2100 miles put on it in 8 days of which only 5 were riding. I was amazed that in that riding position I did almost 3 hours with only a little discomfort. A gas/pee/drink/food stop and back on. All was fine. Yes it has Guzzi quirks but I am liking it better with each mile. The lack of tire choices are a negative but it sure beats the BMW R1200GS I had which the more I rode it the less I liked it.

5. scrublink

I am going to hunt down a dealer somewhere near me that has a Cali 1400. Maybe that will restore my faith. If it wasn't for the fact that I carry a passenger, then I would probably own a Norge.

6. abbienormal

abbienormal High Miler GT Famiglia

The number 1 reason I now have the California instead of another Norge.

7. scrublink

It also stopped me from buying a Skura. Which is probably fo rthe best since I would've collected moving violations on that. I am still not old enough to be trusted with a sport bike.