• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Bon voyage and all that...

Carl Allison

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Famiglia
Next week, my last Moto Guzzi departs the garage and I'm finished with motorcycles. I can't complain. I've done about 200,000 happy miles on my various Guzzis but the aftermath of five surgeries on my hands and arms in the last three years makes it impossible to ride without serious pain and further damage to my left wrist. So, I bid you all adieu and for certain, I'll miss the camaraderie I've enjoyed since I bought my first Guzzi in 1998.

I do have a request though, I need someone with an immense lack of common sense and more spare time than is useful to take over the Guzzi wiring diagrams I've been doing for the last 18 years or so. That means someone that has their own copy of ACD Systems Canvas. That's the best tool I've found for the job. If someone steps up to the plate on this one, I'll provide all of the files I have and any help on technique that needs to be passed on.

Thanks Guys. It's been a trip.

Carl Allison

Who at one time or another had:
Sport 1100i "Bright Italian Bugswatter"
California 1100i
V65C
V11 Sport TT
Quota
Ambassador
2004 Stone w/Ural sidecar

Carl, bummer of a way to leave Guzzis - but still, as you said a damn good ride. Thanks for all your help in the past - really appreciate it!

Carl, ugh, pains me to read that... but I feel your pain (quite literally in many ways). I too have enjoyed your friendship over the years, and no words can state how thankful all of us are for your work on the wiring diagrams.
I simply don't have the time to step up, but the space here remains wide open for anyone that can do it, and I'll even offer to cover the costs on the software if/as needed.

Wish the very best for you Carl, and I too will always remember the coasting race down Palomar. Good times. I hope we will still see you out and about.

Wish the very best for you Carl, and I too will always remember the coasting race down Palomar. Good times. I hope we will still see you out and about.

You have no idea how embarrassing it was to be running under power on a Sport 1100i and have some dude casually pass you by coasting on a Bassa or whatever it was. Tremendous fun!

I'm short three bones in my left hand now and can't stand the pressure or impacts of handlebars. Riding without hands tends to cause problems. The last time I rode without hands very much - I got a ticket. "Public Endangerment". What a croc! Actually... that was the time before the last time I rode without hands. The very last time, I blew off of the motorcycle when a good gust of wind caught me while under an overpass. Lift off about four inches. Dive for the handlebars. Try to get the "Holy Crap!" look off of your face and then spend two days getting the "pinch" out of the seat cover where your butt clenched on recovery...

You have no idea how embarrassing it was to be running under power on a Sport 1100i and have some dude casually pass you by coasting on a Bassa or whatever it was. Tremendous fun!
I'm short three bones in my left hand now and can't stand the pressure or impacts of handlebars. Riding without hands tends to cause problems. The last time I rode without hands very much - I got a ticket. "Public Endangerment".
Well, as they say, speed is relative. That was a fun day and event.
Ha, no fun getting things spoiled by Johnny Law, eh?

I like to mirror my manor with yours Carl, always making people laugh in spite of your major life hurdles. I seriously wish you the best and I do hope I see you around.

Actually, Carl, I know precisely how you feel. Literally. At least with respect to that same "dude." ;)

I also am well out of warranty, and can thus appreciate some of your pain, albeit not precisely yours nor in a way that keeps me from riding. Yet, anyway. :think:

But your contributions to Guzzidom will ride on and be appreciated by riders now and for as long as Guzzis honk. Having made an Atlanta 4 a.m. into noon before one long trip, with sparks and other concerning sights and sounds emanating from my Ballabio's innards, I am not the guy to pick up your torch and carry on, but someone, we all hope, will.

Actually, someone had better. In its inimitably charming way, Mandello remains only a few steps ahead of me in its understanding of automotive electricity. :D

Now -- and Kathi joins me i this -- know that you and your bride are always welcome here at the top of Virginia and we would hope to provide the same sort of hospitality as you gave me on my visit to your place when it was out on the Plains.

Thanks again, best wishes, and keep in touch.

Bill

Actually, Carl, I know precisely how you feel. Literally. At least with respect to that same "dude." ;)

I also am well out of warranty, and can thus appreciate some of your pain, albeit not precisely yours nor in a way that keeps me from riding. Yet, anyway. :think:

But your contributions to Guzzidom will ride on and be appreciated by riders now and for as long as Guzzis honk. Having made an Atlanta 4 a.m. into noon before one long trip, with sparks and other concerning sights and sounds emanating from my Ballabio's innards, I am not the guy to pick up your torch and carry on, but someone, we all hope, will.

Actually, someone had better. In its inimitably charming way, Mandello remains only a few steps ahead of me in its understanding of automotive electricity. :D

Now -- and Kathi joins me i this -- know that you and your bride are always welcome here at the top of Virginia and we would hope to provide the same sort of hospitality as you gave me on my visit to your place when it was out on the Plains.

Thanks again, best wishes, and keep in touch.

Bill

Warranty? There's a warranty??? Oh crap. It's in Italian...

Mr. Allison, Carl.

Many thanks for your superb renderings of 'Guzzi sphagetti. Artistry that greets me every time I turn on many of the computers under my care. Especially, my personal favorite, the Lemans Mk 1.

Thanks you so very much for your efforts on behalf of all of us with the Guzzi disorder.

So many of us (even me) have been exposed to MGD (Multiple Guzzi Disorder).

Fare well, Signore Allison. We will miss you.

I remember when I first came across your diagrams, I was so happy I didn't have to photo copy the manual anymore and trace the trouble lines with a color pencil. Thanks for your help.

Fare well and hope you find something new just as enjoyable to do.

Back