Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Holiday Greetings. For those asking about Black Friday/Cyber Monday specials... Since we're such a tiny operation, it's tough to offer much... But we're again offering free shipping on $99+ orders to our U.S. customers on any in stock GTM product! Now through Monday at midnight, PST. Use POST-COVID-FREE discount code at checkout on our online Store link above - We truly appreciate your support. PLEASE Support small businesses!

Brake Lines

Discussion in 'Chat & Tech Info' started by coupeman, Nov 12, 2008.

1. coupeman

coupeman Just got it firing!

I have a 1975 and 1978 Moto Guzzi T3 and would like to replace the flexible brake lines due to age. Harper tells me there are none available and if he had any they would be 25 years old. Does anyone know of a source for a replacement brake line for these older bikes?

2. Tonerjockey

Tonerjockey High Miler GT Contributor

Hey Coupeman,

Several years ago I replaced the hose on my '74 LAPD. No one made the line back then so I made one up from a stainless hose kit. Had to cut the hose to legnth and mount it on fittings.

Here's a shot of it today. Very dirty (brake dust) but you get the idea:

[​IMG]

Tonerjockey

3. guzzibob

guzzibob GT Reference

coupeman wrote:
    Harper's is flat out wrong, & should know better. MG Cycle has all 3 options: flex rubber hose similar to what they came with, stainless braided in assembled kit form specifically for many different models, & stainless components so you can make your own. Have for '75 850 T (single front disc only), and later 850T3 both civilian & police/floorboard versions with the high, wide bars. I have their pre assembled stainless braided kit on my T3-FB, done when the original rubber started cracking a few years ago, like yours. Take a look at the options at mgcycle.com, then call Gordon at 888-464-2925, 9-5 M-F Central time, he'll figure out exactly what you need & fix you right up. Take a good long look at the on line catalogue first, they have all kinds of stuff made up for your (& my) old round heads.

4. toddhaven

toddhaven Tuned and Synch'ed

5. Morizzi

Morizzi Cruisin' Guzzisti

They are just a brake line. You should be able to go to any shop that deals with brakes or hydraulic hoses and get one made up.