Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Brake Pads

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by roadventure, Jun 13, 2016.

1. roadventure

roadventure GT Reference GT Famiglia

What kind of mileage are you getting before they are ready to be replaced?

What brand and part number are you buying
    FRONT: ______________?
    REAR: _______________?

I am heading out on a ride 7-10,000 mile ride soon and am thinking of getting a set to carry with me.

2. kdirtrider

kdirtrider Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

I replaced my rear pads at 14000 miles. They were only half worn but I wanted to try double H rated like my other bikes.

Here's my part number research:

Front Brakes:

Ebc HH rated pads

FA244HH

EPFA244HH

same as 2009-2011 Stalvio

Ducati monster, Tuono, Same as 1998-2007 Victory Models

Rear Brakes:

Ebc HH rated pads

FA209/2HH

Same as 1998-2007 Victory Models

3. roadventure

Thanks! The "same as Victory" is golden. :party:

4. Touringman

Touringman Cruisin' Guzzisti

Using:
    DP on the front SDP630 HH+
    full stintered and amazing stopping power once bedded in.
    Have been on the bike for about 9000 miles and are maybe...1/3 worn.
    I am using just a generic stintered pad on the rear. Sorry don't remember the brand.

I ride two up most of the time and never worry about stopping quickly with this setup. FWIW, I have used DP HH+ on several different bikes and have never failed to be impressed with their stopping power. I also use Motul RBF600 brake fluid.

5. mikeaedmonds

mikeaedmonds Cruisin' Guzzisti

Had my tires changed at the local Triumph dealership, rear pads needed to be changed. They used the same as Triumph Thunderbird, i guess. I am still bedding them in, feels ok at this point.

6. rudylexus

rudylexus Just got it firing!

Changed rear break pads on 17300 km.
    Bought brembo sintered on eBay € 31,40 in KS-parts in Germany.
    Grtz Rudy

7. Hawghauler

Hawghauler Cruisin' Guzzisti

FWIW, why not just change the pads before the trip? As every mm of cargo space is dear it would be cheap peace of mind the install new ones and you'd have perfect brakes for the journey. Best place to carry new pads is in the calipers.

8. roadventure

Good point. I had already decided to do just that when the new one arrive Monday. I'll stick the old half-worn ones in the tool box for a back-up if needed later.

Hawghauler likes this.
  9. blakbird

blakbird Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Had the rear pads replaced at 3746 miles, 6,000 K, when the rear tire was replaced. Sorry I don't know the part #'s but the new ones came in a Brembo package. Somewhat surprised at how few miles they lasted.

The tech was surprised too, asked if I'd been riding the rear brake. I pointed to the slightly scuffed wear bars on the discarded, well rounded rear, tire and asked "What do you think?" Same tech that asked If I'd been trying to lift the front at every intersection. Cheeky blighter :-D. Still my respect for his diagnostic skills went up a notch, I'll have to stop doing that...

Thanks all for replacement part numbers and other bikes for reference. Hard to find sites that include MG in there Manufacturer selection.

10. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

A couple more for the rear brake.

Premier P270
    Ferodo FDB2006

I have purchased the Premier P270 (organic) as I am a light user of the rear brake (in theory, it's half worn already). I'll let you know how they work for me when they are installed.

James Chance and blakbird like this.