• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Brammo Empulse

A bit pricey for the range but the EV market has to start somewhere. The fuel savings are big. And one of these would have extended the life of my motor back when I was commuting, (for 15 years) 2 miles a day each way on my SP.

I'll have to test ride one someday. I just read a test ride report in CityBike Mag. One of the comments pointed to the lack of the ability of an EV to pull a wheelie. Looks like that's been achieved.

I didn't see an explanation of the 6sp g-box. Maybe it changes the torque characteristic or allows them to use a an smaller motor?

Since Piagio is in the scooter business they should get into the EVs if they haven't already.

Rafael said:
Maybe it changes the torque characteristic or allows them to use a an smaller motor?
I suppose it provides better acceleration at low speeds and also some engine braking as normal bikes.
Maybe it even uses the flywheel effect of the motor to enhance stability when cornering hard, like normal bikes as well.
But most probably, it just feels more like normal bikes enabling better engagement of the rider to his ride.

Anyway, looking forward to your test ride report!

Mi_ka said:
Rafael said:
Maybe it changes the torque characteristic or allows them to use a an smaller motor?
I suppose it provides better acceleration at low speeds and also some engine braking as normal bikes.
Maybe it even uses the flywheel effect of the motor to enhance stability when cornering hard

Most likely nobody is reading this post anymore but here goes:
Electric motors operate most efficiently at a specific RPM range. Their torque is usually on the lower side of the RPM range. For electric vehicles this makes them great for low speed, quick response or pulling power (Golf Carts) but they top out very quickly. So you tend to "cruise" at max speed leaving no extra for passing. To get higher speeds it is necessary to be able to keep the motor at it's best RPM range then mechanically increase the RPM at the rear wheel. Don't be surprised if in the future EV transmissions will actually be a throw back to mini-bike / moped style "torque converters" where the primary pulley adjusted it's size according to engine speed. Kinda like changing a primary sprocket on a chain drive while riding! Just think like a 10 speed bike. By changing both primary & secondary pulley sizes you can increase / decrease vehicle speed without changing RPM. Let that old electric motor run at peak performance / efficiency and then control the final drive RPM. Sooner or later the old technology will become the new technology just follow the history of Moto Guzzi.

Back