• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Brand new to Guzzi's, some questions...

Burgbry

Just got it firing!
Hey everyone, just picked up a 2007 Griso 1100 in red and took it out for my first ride yesterday.

I've done a lot of research on Griso's and know I'll need to get new valve cover gaskets, waterproof the gauge cluster, and do a few other small things, but I had some quick questions after my first ride:

1) Bike seems to have almost have a misfire around 4-5k rpms, power just kind of skips a beat. Is this just normal with the stock fuel map? Almost feels like a clutch slip but it can't be that because the bike only has around 9k miles. If it's just a fuel mapping issue are maps readily available? I've seen lots of threads about maps being created but they're from several years ago.

2) Does anyone know if the National Cycle Deflector screen will fit the 2007 1100's? Their website shows they only have one that fits the 8v Griso's but I can't imagine the two generations being that different from the handlebars forward.

3) Do most Griso's have a little trouble starting? I usually have to give it a little throttle every time I start it. If normal that's fine, but my other bike is a BMW that just fires up the second I hit the starter so this is new to me.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me, I've only put about 30 miles on it since I got it delivered yesterday, but I love it. Obviously the style is like nothing else out there and the sound is amazing!

1. That can be somewhat of a problem, but before you throw a map at it, try a tune up first. Get a new air filter, new spark plugs, and give it a once-over. That cleaned up a lot of the running for me, but that's not to say that fueling can't be improved quite a lot with a quality map (check out the store above). The 1100's seem to need it a little less than the 1200's did, but stock does leave a lot to be desired.

2. It "should" fit, I don't think there were significant changes to the frame setup between the 1100 and 1200. Depending on what you're looking for, I'd recommend the Dart Marlin (which wouldn't you know, Todd carries in the store here). It fits the bike very well and keeps the blast off your chest.

3. That's not normal, maybe a tune up will fix it up, but you might need to look into resetting the TPS or some other ideas. I'm not the expert here.

As an aside, definitely look into making sure the suspension is set up correctly. There's a couple of threads around on how to set up the stock damping, but I've found that the settings in the owner's manual are pretty good.

Welcome to the family!

TenBelow nailed it. Both of my ‘07 V1100 California’s benefited a great deal by one of Todd’s maps, but make sure the bike has the latest factory map and all tuning adjustments within specs first. If you plan on modifying the intake and exhaust, it’s best to do a re-flash at the same time.

Stock bikes give you emission fueling, not always optimum fueling.
When you say it sounds amazing, does it have an aftermarket muffler?
That would contribute to the flat spot in the map, as they already run quite lean to meet Euro 3 emission standards (and CARB).
I hope you will end up loving the old Griso as much as I do. Mine has 60K+miles and is all goodness.

Back