• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breather box alternative idea

guzzisti91

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hey all, been a long time & an accident between drinks (& once again, very minor damage - are all Guzzi's this tough?). Currently, i'm servicing it & due to the time consuming nature of replacing the air filter, i am thinking of either replacing or modifying the crankcase breather box. Tmp 25868 20180610 1910011913042200 Top goes to the airbox, bottom attaches to the sump, & the v-piece attaches to the middle Tmp 25868 20180610 1910261619096612 But as you can see, it's broken & leaks like the dickens.
Now, in the morning i'm going to bunnings. Since i read elsewhere that plugging any breather equipement is a bad idea, my ideas are as follows: Attach 2 T-pipes to each other & connect the breather pipes (using fittings for the different sizes, of course), create a short box containing filter foam soaked in engine oil & attach fittings there, or simply plug the v pipe hole & drill a hole for a T-pipe just below it. Now, these plumbing supplies are aussie made & dirt cheap. I have black RTV should any sealing issues arise.
Are any of these options going to hurt my bike? If so, which ones? I am mostly concerned about the whole oil vapour/condensation loop that all Guzzi's are designed with

OK. The 650TT had a plastic collector box on it own up by steering head. Was about the size of your fist, valve cover breathers went in, a drain on the bottom for condensed oil to run back in pan and a 2" hole w/foam in it.

OK. The 650TT had a plastic collector box on it own up by steering head. Was about the size of your fist, valve cover breathers went in, a drain on the bottom for condensed oil to run back in pan and a 2" hole w/foam in it.
The smaller box idea is to make something similar to this. I have plenty of filter foam, & breather oil tends to get contaminated - a real concern of mine, not adressed by the original box that i forgot to mention. Another reason to modify. A new V-pipe costs $30, but the materials cost less than half that. The double T-pipe idea is now a triple with a plug in the middle T. I'll see if my local dealer is open, see what they think. Any concerns about PVC & oil?

Due to the lack of any appropriate materials for the other 2 options, Tmp 16133 20180611 121110 940684594 I have decided to modify the stock box. The rocker pipes go to the brass inlets, i shortened & plugged the v-pipe hole with dynasteel, & as for the black plug? Tmp 16133 20180611 121149 741225299 I drilled a hole to insert that square

That looks simalar to the TT box. You could cap the oil pan and run a hose to a catch bottle if you don't like the mix.

Back