Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Breva 11 - Norge 12 & 1200 Sport Registry and picture thread

Discussion in 'BNS12 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan GT Reference GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    Congrats and welcome.

Just back from riding mine two-up (and heavily loaded with distaff hair supplies, etc! :giggle:) to W.V. Guzzi rally at Pipestem. What a wonderful machine.

[​IMG]

What is build date of your Norge? Mileage?

Mine suffered -- as did quite a few built c.Nov. '06 - c,Mar. '07 -- from defective oil pumps that led to na$ty results.

Yours is not necessarily affected, but be aware. If outside build date or high mileage -- mine and others seemed to have the problem c.20K -- likely no concern.

Another niggle with '07 Norges was soft spring on OEM shock, at least for folks who aren't built like thoroughbred jockeys or who carry sweeties who bring along their closets. :makeup:;)

Best,

Bill

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  2. M0T0Geezer

M0T0Geezer Cruisin' Guzzisti

In Sept 2018 I bought a silver 2007 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 USA (2-valve) with 36,600 miles on it.
    VIN: ZGULPU0017M112211
    In this photo I have removed the bags and some of the excess body plastic. Less is more...

Attached Files:

GT-Rx® likes this.
  3. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Thanks Rob, and as Bill says above, welcome to the GT & Guzzi Famiglia. I combined your post with this thread is hopes that you'll add a photo or two of your Norge, and the VIN# and related info for the first post of this thread. Post often, and enjoy.

4. GT-Rx®

Thanks guys. If you can post the original owner's name and city, always fun to have.

5. Crackers

Crackers Just got it firing!

Yes, Thanks for the warm welcome. I see you've also found my *registration* post. I don't remember the build date off the top of my head, but as I say I've been lurking a bit. I believe IIRC I'm outside the oil pump issue window, I certainly hope so. My bike has just over 13k miles on it. Let me tell you that I'm glad I have an arsenal of wierdo tools, cuz checking the oil without long needlenose pliers would be a chore.

I have to fix a bit of ugly on the chin spoiler (found the paint code on this site), and do plugs/LOF/valve adjust before putting it to bed for winter, but I feel this is the bike I've been needing. I will have it for a while.

My other bike is an old 84 Honda Nighthawk 650 rebuilt from fire damage. Runs/looks great.

Rob

*edit* I don't know the original owner's info. AFAIK I am the third owner.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  6. edward hessel

edward hessel Just got it firing!

VIN#ZGULPC0036M112980 - edward hessel - Louisville, Kentucky 10/18/18

Attached Files:

GT-Rx® likes this.
  7. hairybiker

hairybiker Just got it firing!

Guzzista 2010 calendar_entry3.jpg VIN#ZGULPM0047M112090, Ian Bucknell, purchased May 2008, Cambridgeshire, UK.

Pics also on page 1 of this thread.

IanB.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    GT-Rx® likes this.
  8. Gary Taylor

Gary Taylor Just got it firing!

Hi guy's like to add my M/G Breva 1200 to the list.
    DOP 20/12/2018
    VIN: "ZGULSE032AM111297
    Built: 4/2008. Colour: Silver

This is my first M/G and I believe the 3rd older guy to owner this bike ( I'm 60 :D:D ).

Came fitted with a small Puig fairing & handle bar risers. Also STD & Mistral mufflers and centre stand ( not fitted )

Items in the post: Hepco & Becker Side racks / 30 lt Junior cases & Engine guard. Also a Rear suspension lowering link .

Gary Taylor
    Tyrendarra. Victoria Australia

_DSC0858.JPG

GT-Rx® likes this.
  9. jdub

jdub Tuned and Synch'ed

ZGULPT007FM200110 DOP 11/14/18 (3rd owner). Bay Area CA. 20181115_141155.jpg

snuffcityrider and GT-Rx® like this.
  10. GT-Rx®

Congrats and thanks for posting! If you have any of the former owner's info, love to have it here or direct email; Todd at GuzziTech.com

11. jdub

jdub Tuned and Synch'ed

The dealer told me the first owner sold it due to a medical condition that kept him from riding. Records show the first sale occurred at a measly 1050 miles. The second owner sold it due to moving overseas. The bike had 7100 miles when I became its proud owner.

I bought the bike from Portland MG and it was registered in WA.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    GT-Rx® likes this.
  12. KB9QWL

KB9QWL Just got it firing!

VIN#ZGULPC0047M114514 - Sean O'Hara - Millersport, Ohio, USA - D.O.P. 25MAR2019

I think I'm the second owner. Came with the factory panniers, top case, and windscreen. Has bark busters on it, not certain which brand.

Plans are to get the CARC bracket guard and the jug guards.

She's got 41k mi on her.

9890.jpeg

GT-Rx® and Blaufeld like this.
  13. mylovelyhorse

mylovelyhorse Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

VIN#ZGULPH0176M111420 (4th owner) acquired Sept 2018. Hampshire, UK.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  14. GT-Rx®

Congrats and welcome. If you can post any of the prior owner names (if they don't mind of course), would be much appreciated. Always fun to have the complete history.
    Congrats and welcome to the GT & Guzzi Famiglia. Your first Guzzi (guessing no)?

15. mylovelyhorse

mylovelyhorse Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Guessing wrongly :)

A friend kindly lent me his 1980s V35 Mik II to go to Chimay last year after my GS broke down and I just loved it. Fixed the GS, test rode the Norge a friend was selling, bought it.

Now 'enjoying' working on it. Fortunately its pretty sound but there's an oil leak to resolve (might be over-full, might be an actual leak), fork springs & oil to change, newer shock to fit (I have sourced a 2008 one & will fit a HyperPro spring). It's getting very close to its 60k mile service so I shall look at how much of that I can do myself.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    GT-Rx® likes this.
  16. JJ Eckerman

JJ Eckerman Just got it firing!

Hello everyone! I'm both new on the forums, and new at owning a Norge 1200! I'm loving it so far, but it will need a few comfort-related tweaks that appear to have been discussed on here at great length. It's a vast improvement over my 1984 Honda Nighthawk S, tho'! (likely anything would be at this point).

5146606E-846F-4071-9D25-7B3C9AC5516E.jpeg

17. JJ Eckerman

Hello everyone! I'm both new on the forums, and new at owning a Norge 1200! I'm loving it so far, but it will need a few comfort-related tweaks that appear to have been discussed on here at great length. It's a vast improvement over my 1984 Honda Nighthawk S, tho'! (likely anything would be at this point).
    No.: ZGULPU0018M114283
    Color: dark blue...? Ask my wife; I'm a poor judge of color!
    Date of purchase: 13 April 2019

5146606E-846F-4071-9D25-7B3C9AC5516E.jpeg

18. GT-Rx®

Congrats and welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia. Love to get your VIN# and related for the first post of this thread.
    Happy Easter and no need to say it, but I will... enjoy!

JJ Eckerman likes this.
  19. Nordicnorm

Nordicnorm Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

My VIN is listed at the top of the page. Never posted a picture, so here goes:
    The only bike I have ever owned that came home on a trailer (twice!!), yet, with the help of this forum and the people on it, it has morphed into the most refined and pleasant bike I have owned.
    I am the third owner. 80K km and in its prime. Mostly stock (O2 optimizer, and plans for adding a PCV). All day comfort, and I love the range of that big tank. Breva and Griso 2019 005.JPG

20. JJ Eckerman

I wouldn't be a good father if I didn't get my little ones into motorcycling!

(also didn't realize that there's an acre of plastic on my Norge to apply wax to after washing!)

CD2E03B9-83B7-455E-9354-10464CFBD169.jpeg

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    Mayakovski likes this.