• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva 1100 vibration when leaning over when going around a corner

Ian Toy

Tuned and Synch'ed
Been out to day and have noticed i can feel a vibration through my Breva 1100 when leaning over when going around a corner,it does it left and right hand corners but as soon as i pick the bike up again its gone.
When i first noticed it i stopped to see if i could feel any play in anything,but all seem fine. When i got home i jacked the bike up to check wheel bearings ,swinging arm and anything i could see but all seems fine. There is no noise if you just push it about. Also checked front bearings forks ect but just can't find any thing out of the normal. The brakes was not hot as i thought it might be a caliper binding. Anyone come across this ?
the feeling is best as i can describe is a very rough feel to the bike and i think it was coming from the rear,it felt like the rear wheel bearings but can't find anything wrong.

Last edited:
What is the condition of the front tire? Also take a very close look at the steering head bearings. It may be time to replace them with tapered roller bearings.

What is the condition of the front tire? Also take a very close look at the steering head bearings. It may be time to replace them with tapered roller bearings.
Tyres are at best only half worn , was on the bike yesterday did about 100 miles felt ok but today it feels like a different bike.

Found out what is the problem, i have put the center stand back on so i can get the back end off the floor better ,had just used a jack yesterday. Checked wheel bearings ,swinging arm ,brake calipher all ok. Put a crow bar under the wheel to check suspension play and clonk clonk the top shock mount has unbelievable amount of movement. Either the bolt through the shock has snaped or the bearing has failed totally. Iam will be away at work now for a few week so will have to wait to strip it down.
It was a bit frightning to see how much movement there was it has failed totally. I rode the bike on sunday and there was no problem,went out again on monday and it was so obvious something had just happened. The bike has only done 18000 miles.

Found out what is the problem, i have put the center stand back on so i can get the back end off the floor better ,had just used a jack yesterday. Checked wheel bearings ,swinging arm ,brake calipher all ok. Put a crow bar under the wheel to check suspension play and clonk clonk the top shock mount has unbelievable amount of movement. Either the bolt through the shock has snaped or the bearing has failed totally. Iam will be away at work now for a few week so will have to wait to strip it down.
It was a bit frightning to see how much movement there was it has failed totally. I rode the bike on sunday and there was no problem,went out again on monday and it was so obvious something had just happened. The bike has only done 18000 miles.

Good you found that. It is not a common failure.

Back