• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva 750 Clutch lever - urgent reply sought

robbie55

Just got it firing!
Hi All

I need to get a replacement clutch lever today but there does not appear to be any locally for my 2003 breva 750.

Does anyone know of any generic/aftermarket levers that would are suitable? Or as a long shot does anyone have any available in Sydney Aus today or at the latest tomorrow?

All responses appreciated am happy to confirm suitability with various stores/suppliers myself if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Robbie

Yes there is a Ducati one that fits.

I got one from Tom Newells here in BNE, might be worth a call. If he has one in stock Express post to a P.O. box will get it to you before 9am tomorrow.

thanks for the promt reply, you are a life saver.

spoke to Tom and explained my problem (absolute top bloke) he helped me out by letting me know there was also a KTM/Husq one available.

As there is a KTM dealer 15mins from me I'm able to pick one up there today. (for later reference/ anyone searching threads its HUSQ 610 KTM LC4620 SX2500 CLUTCH LEVER)

Hopefully this is the turning point to my day - I dropped my bike this morning after having a new front tyre fitted. Most was spared but the gear lever got bent and the clutch lever snapped. In that condition it was not going to pass rego and its due tomorrow. As my only real means of transport I was not keen on waiting for parts before reregistering.

Managed to sort out the gear lever with some gentle prying and the 1 inch stub that is left of the clutch made for a fun ride today. But this afternoon I should be able to fit the new one fitted and get rego done

robbie55 said:
thanks for the promt reply, you are a life saver.

spoke to Tom and explained my problem (absolute top bloke) he helped me out by letting me know there was also a KTM/Husq one available.

As there is a KTM dealer 15mins from me I'm able to pick one up there today. (for later reference/ anyone searching threads its HUSQ 610 KTM LC4620 SX2500 CLUTCH LEVER)

Hopefully this is the turning point to my day - I dropped my bike this morning after having a new front tyre fitted. Most was spared but the gear lever got bent and the clutch lever snapped. In that condition it was not going to pass rego and its due tomorrow. As my only real means of transport I was not keen on waiting for parts before reregistering.

Managed to sort out the gear lever with some gentle prying and the 1 inch stub that is left of the clutch made for a fun ride today. But this afternoon I should be able to fit the new one fitted and get rego done

Just out of interest, how much was your clutch lever? I ordered a brake lever from a US supplier and it was pretty expensive. I should have investigated the alternatives since plenty of bikes have Brembo brakes.

Lever was $15, bear in mind I don't think they are original parts. The supplier is M.C.S their code LCHU2, I think they stock a range of stuff for various bikes so your local shop (regardless of what bikes they stock) should be able to order from them. I also saw that MG cycle had a clutch lever for around $20US. Wouldn't imagine a brake lever being much more but who knows.

@Joe - I am not sure of the Ducati equivalent, Tom seemed to believe that it was only a KTM one and although I mentioned Mike.C had purchased a Ducati one from he didn't seem to pay it too much attention. To be honest I was just pleased to know that another lever would be able to suit. Maybe Mike.C would be able to shed more light.

BTW rego check done, just got to pay at the RTA. :D

Robbie, MG Cycle has levers for $15? I took a look and you're right, although they're out of stock right now. At that price there's no need to go to other suppliers. Might as well get the real thing. Thanks.

Joe

I'll remember Guzzimundi replaced a clutch lever on his Breva with an adjustable lever from a 1200 Sport. Won't help you now, but for the records.

Why, BTW, the hurry? Was the old one suffering from a sudden wear? :whistle:

Holt said:
I'll remember Guzzimundi replaced a clutch lever on his Breva with an adjustable lever from a 1200 Sport. Won't help you now, but for the records.

How? The 750 Breva has a cable operated clutch and the 1200 Sport is hydraulic.

Holt said:

yeah sudden wear.....it'd done too many miles on the way down :lol:

Back