Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Breva 750 Clutch lever - urgent reply sought

Discussion in 'Small Block' started by robbie55, Jul 7, 2010.

1. robbie55

robbie55 Just got it firing!

Hi All

I need to get a replacement clutch lever today but there does not appear to be any locally for my 2003 breva 750.

Does anyone know of any generic/aftermarket levers that would are suitable? Or as a long shot does anyone have any available in Sydney Aus today or at the latest tomorrow?

All responses appreciated am happy to confirm suitability with various stores/suppliers myself if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Robbie

2. Mike.C

Mike.C GT Reference

Yes there is a Ducati one that fits.

I got one from Tom Newells here in BNE, might be worth a call. If he has one in stock Express post to a P.O. box will get it to you before 9am tomorrow.

3. robbie55

thanks for the promt reply, you are a life saver.

spoke to Tom and explained my problem (absolute top bloke) he helped me out by letting me know there was also a KTM/Husq one available.

As there is a KTM dealer 15mins from me I'm able to pick one up there today. (for later reference/ anyone searching threads its HUSQ 610 KTM LC4620 SX2500 CLUTCH LEVER)

Hopefully this is the turning point to my day - I dropped my bike this morning after having a new front tyre fitted. Most was spared but the gear lever got bent and the clutch lever snapped. In that condition it was not going to pass rego and its due tomorrow. As my only real means of transport I was not keen on waiting for parts before reregistering.

Managed to sort out the gear lever with some gentle prying and the 1 inch stub that is left of the clutch made for a fun ride today. But this afternoon I should be able to fit the new one fitted and get rego done

4. nutman

nutman Tuned and Synch'ed

There were a couple on ebay last week. One in Oregon and one was in Neb.

5. rossw

rossw Cruisin' Guzzisti

Just out of interest, how much was your clutch lever? I ordered a brake lever from a US supplier and it was pretty expensive. I should have investigated the alternatives since plenty of bikes have Brembo brakes.

6. sign216

sign216 High Miler

And what's the Ducati alternative? Ducati's are fairly common, so finding a used one shouldn't be hard, if we know the model.

Joe

7. robbie55

Lever was $15, bear in mind I don't think they are original parts. The supplier is M.C.S their code LCHU2, I think they stock a range of stuff for various bikes so your local shop (regardless of what bikes they stock) should be able to order from them. I also saw that MG cycle had a clutch lever for around $20US. Wouldn't imagine a brake lever being much more but who knows.

@Joe - I am not sure of the Ducati equivalent, Tom seemed to believe that it was only a KTM one and although I mentioned Mike.C had purchased a Ducati one from he didn't seem to pay it too much attention. To be honest I was just pleased to know that another lever would be able to suit. Maybe Mike.C would be able to shed more light.

BTW rego check done, just got to pay at the RTA. :D

8. sign216

sign216 High Miler

Robbie, MG Cycle has levers for $15? I took a look and you're right, although they're out of stock right now. At that price there's no need to go to other suppliers. Might as well get the real thing. Thanks.

Joe

9. Holt

Holt High Miler GT Contributor

I'll remember Guzzimundi replaced a clutch lever on his Breva with an adjustable lever from a 1200 Sport. Won't help you now, but for the records.

Why, BTW, the hurry? Was the old one suffering from a sudden wear? :whistle:

10. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

How? The 750 Breva has a cable operated clutch and the 1200 Sport is hydraulic.

11. robbie55

yeah sudden wear.....it'd done too many miles on the way down :lol: