• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva 750 'hickups'

If the lambda probe is bad you will see an error in the axone or VDST software and likely it will trip the EFI light. I had stumbling issues, like pull into traffic and it dies or surges, with mine when I first got it. TPS reset fixed it up. I had a bad lambda sensor too, it lit up the EFI light and made the bike run rich and get crappy mileage. I would take a good look at the plug caps and wires too. make sure the connections are good.

Holt,
that yahoo thing, just sign up for an account and join the group, small block guzzi, and MG750 are good ones, and most of the people you would recognize from here and elsewhere. The folks on the small block guzzi group seem to take things apart alot and there is some really good gearbox info there.
any way either(or both) group(s) would benefit from your experience.

RJVB,I got that, Even I can understand enough french to get " Verdict: Sonde Lambda"
but what the heck are anti parasites ?
Take Care Out There

I replaced the fuel filter on Jane's Breva and there was an immediate improvement in starting and idle. Up to then she'd have to crank it a couple of times to start and warm it up before moving off. Now it starts first time and idles smoothly and doesn't die as she moves off. Changed at 60,000km.

I've only got 7500 km on my Breva. Frankly, I haven't felt comfortable enough with it for longer trips. I'll give the dealer one more shot to sort it all out and see where it leaves me. Though both the fuel filter and breather nipple symptoms sound an awful lot like what I'm going through.

Opened the gas cap after sitting in garage for 5 days. Zoooop! Suction sound.

Ran VDST series (without starting bike), including fuel pump test. Opened gas cap. Zoooop! Suction sound.

Washed bike. (I know, that doesn't fit here. But so much bug death. It had to happen :)

Bike ALWAYS takes a couple of tries to start. Opened and closed cap. Hit starter. Bam. Instant start. Let run for a minute. Shut down. Opened gas cap. Zop! Small suction sound.

I'm assuming there's not supposed to be a Zooop! when I open the cap?

sign216 wrote:
On another board a Breva owner had intermittent power loss. Bike would stumble before picking up again and driving normally. After trying everything he found the problem was blocked fuel tank breather nipples.

link to breather issue

Consider this another issue to be aware of.
Joe
:cheer:

Flay.
Wow, that is Brand New, I hope your dealer gets it sorted soon, cos they are great bikes.
Not mentioning names, but does yr dealer sound like he knows what he is doing ? because I assume it is still under warranty ?
Good luck, and please keep us updated with your progress!
No it should not make any noise at all, so mebbe it is the breathers

Flay wrote:

sounds like a kinked or blocked vent hose. should be an easy fix. I am curious about the fuel filter replacement that Mackers posted about. I think I will do that and see what the result is. Although my breva usually starts right up after one or two turns.

No, it doesn't. Air is supposed to replace fuel taken from the tank, and that's what the breather is for...

Mackers: at least one Breva here is doing its thing while the fuel filter is checked good.

MGM: the anti-parasite is something inside the plug caps that filters out high frequency RF bursts that could otherwise disturb radio and tv reception/functioning, and probably could also cause malfunction in other electronic circuits. I'm sure it has a different name in English (but I guessed the term would be understandable...)

Morning all.
Hmm I seem to be having a mental blockage, at the moment.
The older I get, the more frequent they seem to crop up, however, from memory it was just called an RFI Filter, but with the onset of technology, no doubt it has been renamed to sound more Hi Tech & complicated, that then gives an excuse for hiking the price.
Take Care Out There

Morning!

-and I'm beginning to feel schizofrenic here
"(2 viewing) Holt."
Well well, that's life, I guess.

There are two hoses running from downside the tank, one obviously is the drain from the overfill spillage tray, concluding the second is a breather hose. You'll see them both when demounting the whole thing, on the lower left side.
I've never tried, but with access to compressed air it could be possible to blow the sh*t out of the pipe, if it's clogged.

Guess there are a huge difference in gasoline qualities worldwide, which will determine intervals for filter changes.

I do remember Roper writing about some cables been run near to the coils, making the electronics malfunctioning, but cannot remember which model and what happened. Can be worth looking for, anyway. As these bikes are build individually, I presume the cable strains can be run - well - individually, also. B)

Edit; By a late & second thought; where are you located MGM? (fill in your profile, will you! :angry: ;) )
Have you got one of these charcoal canisters monted, as seen on US bikes?
Demount, and find a nice, dark place to store it.

Currently my boat is in Las Palmas Gran Canaria, The bike is in storage in Hamilton Canada.
I Bought the Breva straight out of a UK dealership,So No charcoal thing ?!?
Take Care Out There

So it's sorted. Mechanic 1.5 hours away was good enough to get me all fixed up with little notice (tip of the hat to Valley Yamaha).

Sure enough, it was the venting. There is now a brass replacement for the plastic thingie and lots of stuff is routed differently. I don't pretend to understand everything, even though Gord took the time out to explain exactly what was being done and why. It should be more reliable long-term now.

This problem has obviously been there since the beginning as the bike, at low throttle, runs far, far better than it ever has. No more surging or stuggling.

I celebrated with a swift run in the mountains before the ride home...

NOLAGuzzi wrote:
Flay wrote:

sounds like a kinked or blocked vent hose. should be an easy fix. I am curious about the fuel filter replacement that Mackers posted about. I think I will do that and see what the result is. Although my breva usually starts right up after one or two turns.

Hooray, great that it was sorted, hopefully you will now have years of trouble free riding.
Take Care Out There

motoguzziman wrote:
Currently my boat is in Las Palmas Gran Canaria, The bike is in storage in Hamilton Canada.
I Bought the Breva straight out of a UK dealership,So No charcoal thing ?!?
Take Care Out There

UK=EU= no canister. :)

Good to hear, Flay! Any idea where that brass replacement thingy came from, and what the part is called that it replaces? ;)

Another bit of info from the French side, concerning the (low) voltage. The connector connecting the voltage regulator to the alternator (?) is apparently a low quality one. It gets boiling hot, and (thus...) eats current causing a voltage drop (of the order of 0.8V for the person reporting this). He simply suppressed it.

He just pulled the part from a drawer. I'll take a closer look at the brass bit next time I'm out at the garage.

Had a good ride this morning on a route that previously tortured the bike. Mostly low speed cruising (30-40kph zones through a nature reserve) but the bike ran like a champ for the first time since new. Not a surge and only a little polite popping.

I pulled over at a glorious near-empty beach, stretched, took a slug from my water bottle...

...and noticed the oil weeping from the rear shaft :angry: . I had a long group ride planned for Sunday too. Bugger.

I think I'm up to six trips to the shop in 8000k now, bring on number seven...

RJVB wrote:
Good to hear, Flay! Any idea where that brass replacement thingy came from, and what the part is called that it replaces? ;)

Another bit of info from the French side, concerning the (low) voltage. The connector connecting the voltage regulator to the alternator (?) is apparently a low quality one. It gets boiling hot, and (thus...) eats current causing a voltage drop (of the order of 0.8V for the person reporting this). He simply suppressed it.
:angry:

Flay wrote:
...and noticed the oil weeping from the rear shaft :angry: . I had a long group ride planned for Sunday too. Bugger.

Would that be the bevel box/rear transmission?
Thats probably a jammed or false mounted seal. But if it isn't a dripping leakage but only is showing traces on the rim, just keep an eye on the level, go for your ride Sunday, and leave the bike Monday. :)

(BTW & for Nola mostly; this was actually an issue with my Breva, a leaking bevel box. Showed up to be caused by a tight filler plug - shall be ventilated. Also Guzzi revised the bevel box seal design in an early stage.)

I'm having exactly the same issues with my Breva too...

From a cold start she idles poorly (purr-purr-coff-purr) then after around 3 minutes she totally dies with a coff or a pop. Not very tech sounding i know but it's driving me crazy. I'm now starting her and waiting for her to die before restarting and trying again. It only ever happens the once but when at lights she some times dies a little and if i pull the clutch in to the bar she goes again.

I have noticed that when filling my petrol tank up there is excess water running into my fuel tank, i've discovered the drain hole is blocked and will be fixing that the first second i can. I stuck some Red-Ex (uk injection cleaner) in it and she ran fine, im just wondering if my water in the tank is causing my rough riding?

Any suggestions?

Nic
x

Nic,

Once you open up the drain hole and get her dried out report back on how it is going. On the US side of the pond we have a products for removing (putting into solution) any water in a fuel system (dry gas). I imagine you have similar products available. Use some of that too. Until you resolve the known issues, there is no point if giving you a whole laundry list.

Back