• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva 750 'hickups'

RJVB wrote:
Am I over-analysing again?

Yes.

Since the reset is electronic, the information wouldn't be of much value. That is, even if you know it, what can you do with it? Unlike the 15M and 16M where the guys at MPH have provided this valuable information http://www.mphcycles.com/Technical/tpsexcel3.htm With those systems, the TPS is manually set and the voltage curve can be checked.

john zibell wrote:
Actually the readings are in millivolts. The ECU/VDSTS/Axone/navagator convert the voltage reading to degrees.

:blush: I should just keep my mouth shut.

In my view, information is never without value, even if it can't be exploited immediately. And if it does turn out that fluctuations in the on-bike electrical circuit cause fluctuations in the TPS reading, causing the ECU to "think" the throttle opening is changing while in fact it remains dead constant, which in turn cause more ... <etc etc, close circle> ? At least we'd have a better idea what's going on, and what is NOT a cause and, possibly, where to try to modify things to alleviate the issue.

I agree, it seems far-fetched. The problem with instable systems is that you often only realises you created one when you run into inexplicable behaviour

I was afraid that it might be an ECU issue. I found the one on ebay. It's in South Africa - about $100 including shipping. You hear of so many of these brevas having similar problems, loss of power, stalling at stop signs, hard starting. I wonder if it might be a general ECU problem. I could be swapping a bad for a bad.

Eric wrote:
I was afraid that it might be an ECU issue. I found the one on ebay. It's in South Africa - about $100 including shipping. You hear of so many of these brevas having similar problems, loss of power, stalling at stop signs, hard starting. I wonder if it might be a general ECU problem. I could be swapping a bad for a bad.

Buy it quick. The darn things are about $900.00 new.

Ok. Here's something interesting. The battery reads 12.8 volts when running but the VDSTS indicates 11.4 volts.

Eric wrote:
Ok. Here's something interesting. The battery reads 12.8 volts when running but the VDSTS indicates 11.4 volts.

The VDSTS only reads what the ECU reports. Apparently the ECU you have isn't a very good voltmeter.

Just out of curiosity, have you checked the connector that goes to the ECU?

John, I agree this seems a big difference, but have you seen samples where the ECU gives an (almost) exact reading? I know that on my Norge, the reading on the dash (presumably the one from the ECU, or one determined by the dash. comp. in a similar manner) is what I'd call significantly lower than a reading on the terminals with a volt meter.

john zibell wrote:

Just out of curiosity, have you checked the connector that goes to the ECU?[/quote]

Yes. nothing seems out of the ordinary. I ordered the used ECU from ebay. It's in South Africa. The shop said it came out of a bike that ran low on oil but it was running well up till then. I'll let everyone know what happens.

Back