• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva V1200

GrahamNZ

High Miler
This morning I visited the local Guzzi showroom and saw a Breva 1200 for the first time. Several differences from my old 1100.

Things I like:
Colour scheme - red with silver power unit, final drive and wheels.
Instrument faces in grey and white and new fuel gauge face.
Stylish switchgear with the horn, dipswitch and hazard light buttons well placed.
Double skinned exhaust headers.
No exhaust collector box.

Things I don't like:
Black painted parts on the front mudguard. Why?
No centrestand. Can one be added?
Still a gap behind the rear suspension unit.

The bike I saw was non-ABS. Is that an option?

It's a Norge without a fairing... or the Breva with the Norge engine.

No collector box as the catalytic converter is in the exhaust pipe.

Centrestand is the same as for the Breva 11/Norge. Removing it is MG's solution to it dragging ;-)

Hi,

I am off to collect a Breva 1200 in Silver on Thursday, having just sold a 2004 California Stone with 46,000 miles up on it, yes you can add a main stand, they left it off allegedly to improve ground clearance, but more likely to charge for adding it back on !

The engine is supposedly 10bhp more powerful, and 16% more torque, either way it will be a lot quicker than my Cali ! I intend to add hard cases and a screen, but only as funds permit, and maybe a lighter and louder silencer in due time, the system looks neater without the collector box.

I prefer the engine being all silver, and I don't know why they have started painting the front guard in black at the back, must be easier to do it all silver, but you can't see it when you are on, so I don't really mind either way.

Regards Bobelpfan

In Oxford, United Kingdom

Welcome Bob, and yes, congrats! The B12 is probably one of the last great 2V'ers... great mill. Cherish it.

Love to get your info and a few photos (take some when you pick it up with you in the pic) for the [CLICK -->]Modern Registry. Send all info and pics to me direct e-mail; Todd at GuzziTech.com

G'Day Bob - Welcome from the other time zone!

Indeed it is a bit more powerful than my 1100, but most of the fun is power neutral (for me anyway). Enjoy the ride!

I Holland the 1200's are all equipped with ABS. I also like the colour scheme. When I bought my 1100 last year, the new 1200 was already available here. I bought the 1100 because they made a special offer to get the "old" models out of stock.
500 euro off the standard price and fully loaded with panniers, topcase, windscreen, tankbag, heated grips and centrestand.
Don't have ABS.

still no regrets. B)

The dealer did say that either the 1200 is 50mm longer or the engine is 50mm further forward to help the long legged keep their left knee off the rocker cover. I wonder if he had that correct?

The centrestand on these bikes does ground too early IMHO, even after a bit of "tuning", but it's just so useful that I put up with the grounding now.

Specs says that the 1200 Sport is exactly same length (2195mm) as the 1100 Breva. I can't imagine the 1200 Breva being any different.

And to move the motor forward by 50mm would incur serious frame alterations. I suggest you stop listening to salesmen, Graham. :laugh:

GrahamNZ wrote:
The dealer did say that either the 1200 is 50mm longer or the engine is 50mm further forward to help the long legged keep their left knee off the rocker cover. I wonder if he had that correct?

I can't believe that. It's the same frame, same engine, same mounting points. Norge/Breva/Sport ... all the same

The new 1100/1200 engines are mounted further forward in the frame compared to say, the Bellagio, in order to improve weight distribution, Guzzi said. It's made possible because there is no alternator sticking out the front on these models.
But they are all the same, Breva, Norge etc.

Geordie wrote:
It's a Norge without a fairing... or the Breva with the Norge engine.

No collector box as the catalytic converter is in the exhaust pipe.

Centrestand is the same as for the Breva 11/Norge. Removing it is MG's solution to it dragging ;-)

Breva with a load of norge :laugh:
Centre stand i beleive available as a kit - sounds familiar tack? that kit will be..........
will be getting rid of the cat box from under me B11 as its a mobile sauna :laugh:

Steve
BSE - Anglo Saxon Country
GB

Back