• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Britisch certificate of conformity

Bieze

Just got it firing!
Not on a Guzzi YET, but that might change in a while....

Since the pound is rather cheap (to euro), I was thinking about importing a Breva from England to Belgium. But for that I need a COC "certificate of conformity". I understood that is not common in the UK to have such a paper with the bike, but the Britisch importer should be able to provide one.

Does anyone have a contact of that firm? I found a website but it seems like an italian site! A telephone number would be great, a e-mailadres is also fine.
Or can a guzzi-dealer arrange it?

I already contacted the benelux importer, but he can only arrange the papers for own bikes

Thanks for any help/advice!

Chris

Hi Chris,
this may not be relevant in belgium but in france the cert of conformity is delivered by the french importer so one would assume that it should be the same in belgium.It's not a problem here to get one as long as that particular model was officially imported.The cost of the cert varies a bit but approx 150 euro in my experiance.Your insurance broker may well be able to confirm if that model bike was imported...I allways check with them before closing a deal as individual importation is a complete pita .
have fun
chris

chris a said:
...it should be the same in belgium...

I thought so, but mototricolore, the importer for the benelux, told me they could only provide it for their own motorcycles????
Maybe it's because they lost their importership as per 01/2011

Meanwhile I found this website via another Guzziforum:
http://www.serviceaprilia.com/Vintage_/poppage.asp?L=EN
Maybe I should try if they speak English on the mentioned phonenumber (my Italian is ...euh..slow)
Or did somebody try to use the form before?? I guess "homologation technical chart" is the COC

Chris a, thanks for the tip...

Chris

Chris,
it sounds like the importer is doing everything to stop grey imports which make him sell less bikes.
There must be breva's allready in Belgium -check the type numbers with your insurer but I'd almost certainly say thay it will be conforming to Belgium import regs.
I'd also check with Belgium guzzi clubs ...someone must have allready done it .
Chris

Hi

You can get a COC from:
Piaggio Group.
2nd Floor Linden House
153-155 Masons Hill
Bromley
Kent
BR2 9HY

phone 020 8290 8800

You will need to enclose a covering letter with your address and a copy of the V5C (UK registration document) plus a cheque for £30.00 mark clealy that your cheque is for a CoC.

I spoke to Simon Neal Technical / Service department when I needed a COC for my Norge to import it into France last year.

If you buy a brand new Guzzi from a UK dealer they will get you the COC.

Hope this helps

Ian

Ianorange said:
...You can get a COC from:

If you were a girl, I would kiss you... :woohoo:

Thanks, Ian!
Will make a phone-call tomorrow

chris a said:
..it sounds like the importer is doing everything to stop grey imports which make him sell less bikes.

Might be...
For my KTM (came from the Netherlands) the belgian importer provided a COC, for my bus I went to VW-germany...
(Seems, I'm becoming a international buyer... )

Do you really need a COC?
If the original British registration certificate (whatever they name that form) is designating a COC, I'd think that would be sufficiant?
I've bought a few bikes in Germany, and for the registration procedure here in Sweden, the German "Fahrzugbrief" (in original!) did the trick.

Holt said:
Do you really need a COC?
Theoreticaly spoken, I don't. There are other ways, if it was registered in an european country it should be possible to register it in Belgium, but the COC way is by far the easiest (and cheapest)

called a friendly lady at Ianorange's number, and she gave me an emailadres to send frame and engine number to...
I guess I get a reply with a bill...
Later, when I have the bike here, just have to pass via the customs for a stamp of 27 eurocent (!) , drop all the papers on my insurance brokers desk and wait a couple of days for the licenceplate... :D

Hi There,
I´ve just gone through the pain of importing my uk griso into the Nederlands.

Firstly, check the Belgian tax laws for importing a vehicle -Nl can be very expensive -I avoided this as I had owned it for more than a year on a GB kenteken (reg Plate).

I tried to obtain a certifcate of conformity, but either met with a "don´t know", or a "please send us 50 Euros". In the end, I didn`t need one, as the NL RDV (The Dutch vehicle registration organisation) had a record of it, just by giving the chassis number to them. This is mostly because, unlike a Jap bike, it was manufactured within the EU, and it was recorded on their system. Worth a phone call to your own registration organisation.

Finally, it will probably require a inspection - Make sure you change the headlight, as they will check. I got mine from a uk internet parts company, and it was still much less than buying it in NL - 160 GBP, as oppossed to 330 Euros, from a reputable dealer in Nijmegen.

Hope it all works out for you.

Dickie Bird said:
...I tried to obtain a certifcate of conformity, but either met with a "don´t know", or a "please send us 50 Euros"...

Hi Dick, Did you try the piaggio adres above, or did you contact moto tricolore for your CoC?
You can also PM me in Dutch, if that's easier... :idea:

Hi,
I tried all of them.

Corsa Italiana ( London Guzzi dealer) referred me to Piaggio Uk - I emailed them at Piaggio customer services, based in Italy. I got a quick reply, but was told to write to Piaggio Uk with the request and 45 GBP. They also said it would take 8 weeks to send it! Too long.

The Benelux importer, Tricolore, told me they could only supply a COC to bikes first sold in in NL and BE.

The RDW, who first said I "might" need one, already had the bike on their computer system. I found this out after a visit to the local Keuring (inspection)station. Go late in the day when they are not busy, and smile a lot, and give them a chassis number or registration number from a Brit bike to put into their computer. If they can find one, they can find them all.I´m sure someone on the forum will help you with this.....

The headlight I got from aprilliaspares.com. in Uk

Thanks for the offer of the Dutch, but I´m an expat Brit living in Haarlem. Mijn Nederlands is heel slecht.

Success

Dickie

Back