• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Buying '09 1200 Breva ???

Okay would you be interested if I ship you mine (CA to Victoria)? I can flat foot my Norge but just want something lower because I'm not going around corners very fast (that's what my Royal Enfield Classic 500 is for) so stand dragging isn't an issue. In the meantime I can contact the seller and see if I am successful in getting a second link.

Yeah currency arbitrage is a mug's game. I broke even with my India refund.

Availability query sent to link seller. I'll keep you informed. BTW CA is California. Apologies for chauvinism.

Gary -- here's the eBay conversation I had with the link fabricator:

>>>>>
To:jaadamus
Subject:I have a question about using my item or I want to send the seller a message: bertremington sent a message about Lowering kit Moto Guzzi 1200 1100 Breva Norge Sport Grisso Stelvio #113474688152
Sent Date:Mar-06-19 20:27:30 PST

Dear jaadamus,

I received your lowering kit. Thank you very much. I would like to buy a second one. Do you have one available for sale?

Dear bertremington,

I am waiting for the delivery of parts, it should be within a week.I will write to you as I will have parts.

Adam

-jaadamus
<<<<<

When he notifies me he has the parts, I'll ask when he will be ready to ship. Then I'll let you know and you can make a decision. I'm will be be your middle-man if you wish to continue down the lowering link path.

BTW I'm planning on 25W H3 HIDs for low beams and 3K lumens H1 LEDs for high beams. Interested?

Gary -- here's the eBay conversation I had with the link fabricator:

>>>>>
To:jaadamus
Subject:I have a question about using my item or I want to send the seller a message: bertremington sent a message about Lowering kit Moto Guzzi 1200 1100 Breva Norge Sport Grisso Stelvio #113474688152
Sent Date:Mar-06-19 20:27:30 PST

Dear jaadamus,

I received your lowering kit. Thank you very much. I would like to buy a second one. Do you have one available for sale?

Dear bertremington,

I am waiting for the delivery of parts, it should be within a week.I will write to you as I will have parts.

Adam

-jaadamus
<<<<<

When he notifies me he has the parts, I'll ask when he will be ready to ship. Then I'll let you know and you can make a decision. I'm will be be your middle-man if you wish to continue down the lowering link path.

BTW I'm planning on 25W H3 HIDs for low beams and 3K lumens H1 LEDs for high beams. Interested?

Hi Bert

Lowering link no longer needed. ;);):cool::cool::lipssealed::lipssealed:

Cheers Gary

Fitted a rear lowering link . Dropped rear end by 2 1/4 " . Perfect l thought . Both feet now flat on the ground. But NO bugger rear tyre hits inner guard when l bounced on the seat . Back to the drawing board

Well with the spring preload screwed up to the max rear end down about 1 1/8" with about 1" clearance under seat when I jump up & down on the seat . Hope that's enough

Have you made any changes to side stand length or fork height? Apparently the lowering link removes some side stand lean. And if the forks aren't raised per John Zibell apparently the handling changes (I'm not sure if not raising them makes handling more or less responsive and if its speed-related). I still haven't installed my lowering link but the H3 5K HID low beams are working well. I'm giving the CC a rest before ordering the H1 3K LED high beams.

HI Bert. No other changes yet . Side stand will be O'k . Just have to be careful on uneven ground. As for the front forks I will leave that until I've had a chance to go for a good ride . As it is it will just slow the steering down & should make the bike more stable , not that it needs it. Can't remember if John meant to raise the forks in the triple clamps ( lowering the front end ) or raise them with longer springs ( which is a double negative )

HI Bert. No other changes yet . Side stand will be O'k . Just have to be careful on uneven ground. As for the front forks I will leave that until I've had a chance to go for a good ride . As it is it will just slow the steering down & should make the bike more stable , not that it needs it. Can't remember if John meant to raise the forks in the triple clamps ( lowering the front end ) or raise them with longer springs ( which is a double negative )

Raise the tubes if you can. It may require some machining to accomplish. I don't know if the 1200 has the same setup as the 1100, but on the 1100 the risers are the stop point for the fork tubes. If you lower the back, you need to lower the front to maintain steering geometry. If you don't lower the front, you will be riding with increased trail which will slow steering inputs.

Installed lowering link yesterday, drove 100 miles today, and will re-install OEM link (with fresh grease) tomorrow as well as post the lowering link in Classifieds.

I could already easily flat-foot the Norge while seated but wanted a lower seat height to make it easier to push the motorcycle in my driveway, etc.

Installation was fairly easy. I didn't raise the front fork in their triple clamps.

For me, that was the only positive. Everything else was negative. I rode 50 miles with rear shock at standard preload and 50 miles at maximum preload. Center stand scraped at modest lean angles in either direction and I'm not going to counter-lean to compensate. I haven't tried to raise the motorcycle onto the center stand but it appears to be a challenge so there goes oil level check, etc. Side stand parking options constrained due to reduced lean angle. The motorcycle felt longer (as JohnZ predicted) and it seemed I was always riding uphill. At standard preload I think the rear hugger was hitting the bodywork on modest size bumps.

I never expected the 600lb Norge to be my "sports" ride -- that's my 400lb Royal Enfield. But in my circumstances the lowering link required unacceptable compromises. I'm pleased for Gary and others who found it meet their needs.

What the heck is "counter lean"? Never hear of it. If you are scraping hard parts, shift your weight to the inside of the turn (lean more that the bike) to increase what is called effective lean. The bike doesn't have to lean as much to negotiate the turn.

Thanks for providing the correct term-of-art. I was taking the perspective of the motorcycle, ie leaning away from the inside of the turn. Not my only mistake...

Sorry to hear of your experiences Bert. As yet I've not had time or the best of weather to go for a proper ride to see what it's like. Hope to soon

Attachments

• IMG_0675.JPG
    IMG_0675.JPG
    192.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0664.JPG
    IMG_0664.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 6
Back