• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

C14 - Secondary Air Supply Pump - SAS

Still not seeing anything by the exhaust port
Could it be under this cover under bike ?
Am I missing something here ?
Thanks everyone

Attachments

• E8C9318A-5A62-4B35-9858-31C62543E883.jpeg
    E8C9318A-5A62-4B35-9858-31C62543E883.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 1A8F2F84-C11C-4A5E-9526-7F0BA5BBD3A6.jpeg
    1A8F2F84-C11C-4A5E-9526-7F0BA5BBD3A6.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 10
  • B093837D-DA44-4EC1-913E-07144DDF3DD0.jpeg
    B093837D-DA44-4EC1-913E-07144DDF3DD0.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 10
Still not seeing anything by the exhaust port
Could it be under this cover under bike ?
Am I missing something here ?
Thanks everyone

It looks like you don't have the pipes or the pump. The two photos below show the setup on mine. The key ingredient here is the existence of the two metal pipes attaching to cylinder head (1 per side) just inboard of each exhaust pipe. Those pipes supply the air produced by the pump. These pipes are obvious when you get your head down there, you don't have to remove anything to see them.

Here is a close up of one of the metal pipes as it connects to one of the cylinder heads (circled red) and held in place with a hex nut. Some folks have removed both nuts/pipes entirely and all the other gubins associated with the SAS and plugged the hole on each cyclinder head. I left mine in place. If the metal pipes don't exist on your bike then the pump won't exist either and this thread will not apply to your bike.
Pic2

Here is a picture of the pump and pipe on LHS of my actual bike. You can see the pipe connecting to the cylinder head behind the exhaust (top blue arrow) as referenced in the previous picture. The pipe joins to the rubber hose ((lower blue and purple arrows) coming from the SAS pump (circled red). You can see how the metal pipe has been capped under the rubber pipe, in my case by a small blue "bung"). Simply slip down the rubber pipe (therre is a compressable clip that you release first), put the bung on the exposed metal pipe and in my case, I slid the rubber pipe back over the bung and metal pipe.
Pic 1

It looks like you don't have the pipes or the pump. The two photos below show the setup on mine. The key ingredient here is the existence of the two metal pipes attaching to cylinder head (1 per side) just inboard of each exhaust pipe. Those pipes supply the air produced by the pump. These pipes are obvious when you get your head down there, you don't have to remove anything to see them.

Here is a close up of one of the metal pipes as it connects to one of the cylinder heads (circled red) and held in place with a hex nut. Some folks have removed both nuts/pipes entirely and all the other gubins associated with the SAS and plugged the hole on each cyclinder head. I left mine in place. If the metal pipes don't exist on your bike then the pump won't exist either and this thread will not apply to your bike.
View attachment 24830

Here is a picture of the pump and pipe on LHS of my actual bike. You can see the pipe connecting to the cylinder head behind the exhaust (top blue arrow) as referenced in the previous picture. The pipe joins to the rubber hose ((lower blue and purple arrows) coming from the SAS pump (circled red). You can see how the metal pipe has been capped under the rubber pipe, in my case by a small blue "bung"). Simply slip down the rubber pipe (therre is a compressable clip that you release first), put the bung on the exposed metal pipe and in my case, I slid the rubber pipe back over the bung and metal pipe.
View attachment 24829
Thanks Paul ...yes no pipes on mine ,,,or any plugs that I can see ....

It’s a mystery…hopefully Todd will chime in
Maybe it’s just On the other models
Reading through on-line reviews of the eldorado and audace models from TotalMotorcycle.com (and others) , it seems that the Audace was euro 4 compliant when first introduced whereas the eldorado could be manufactured to euro 3 standards (i.e. without the sas pump).

From what I have read on euro compliance, existing model bikes could role over euro 3 compliance until 2017 when all new bikes, regardless of model or heritage had to meet euro 4, but new models like the audace had to be euro 4 from the get go. I can certainly see some 2017+ model eldorado's on sale that have the SAS in the photos. I suppose the question is, did the eldorado, due to its past guzzi heritage count as an existing model in 2016. That might explain it.

Well my 2018 Eldorado bought new at International Motorsports has the SAS pump and plumbing . I may try disconnecting
it sometime in the future (or not :) ) . Peter

Reading through on-line reviews of the eldorado and audace models from TotalMotorcycle.com (and others) , it seems that the Audace was euro 4 compliant when first introduced whereas the eldorado could be manufactured to euro 3 standards (i.e. without the sas pump).

From what I have read on euro compliance, existing model bikes could role over euro 3 compliance until 2017 when all new bikes, regardless of model or heritage had to meet euro 4, but new models like the audace had to be euro 4 from the get go. I can certainly see some 2017+ model eldorado's on sale that have the SAS in the photos. I suppose the question is, did the eldorado, due to its past guzzi heritage count as an existing model in 2016. That might explain it.
Thanks Paul ,appreciate your help and input ...now i can move on to installing the power commander V

Capped both metal pipes with a 3/8" silicone cap the other day.

I was curious how they would hold up over time so I popped them off to inspect them - the cap on the right side of the bike had a couple of drops of brownish condensate with a fuel smell in it. Fuel smell not surprising, but the condensate was a bit disconcerting. Only rode for a couple of days, say <25 miles in ~85F temps. Only on the right cap, left side was clean/dry.

Anyone else see this or have any concerns about it? Something with the temps/storage that will eventually just evaporate? Normal condensate that would normally drip there or out the exhaust anyway? Can always swap it back, noticed maybe a slight improvement at lower rpms but my bike never felt horrible there anyway.

Back