RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.
  2. Ciao Guest, ALERT FOR Store purchases - riding season is here, so we know everyone wants it yesterday. However, lead times are long and many things are sold out or back-ordered, and there isn't much we can do to rush anything. Always best to buy off Season when things are in stock. Also, there are many seasonal holidays this time of year, both here and in Europe (particularly the Italian August Holiday month), so please be patient! We aren't Amazon. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. Please note GuzziTech and the GTM Store is largely a ONE man operation. Requests for phone calls will be deleted. We are online only. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE OR JUST disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Cable extensions for larger handle bars?

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Moonlightmile, May 17, 2019.

1. Moonlightmile

Moonlightmile Just got it firing!

hey guys. I’m wanting to try and fit a taller and wider handle bars onto my v7iii. The problem I’m having is I cannot find a website that sells longer clutch and throttle cables. Does anyone know where tho get them or any ideas on how to do it myself?

Thanks!

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT Famiglia

You will have to have custom cables made. Some motorcycle shops have that capability. This outfit can make then for you, but you must provide very accurate dimensions. https://www.motionpro.com/c/custom-cables

3. Trout

Trout GT Reference

I found a youtube vid a long time ago posted by a young man who made his own.

4. Moonlightmile

They say they don’t know if they have the fittings and that I would have to send them my cables for them to see if they can do that

5. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT Famiglia

Sounds like a project for next winter.

6. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

I’ve put some of the tallest ATV bars on a Stone for a customer, and with clever rerouting, length was a non-issue for front brake line and clutch cable.

V7 Dreaming and Mayakovski like this.
  7. Harry H

Harry H Tuned and Synch'ed

8. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

I would try with the existing cables first. If that does not work, then spend the time and money to get new cables as needed.

Trout likes this.
  9. Trout

Trout GT Reference

Exactly.
    If the old ones don't work then at least everything is in place for accurate measurement.

OP: Might want to look around for any custom bike builders in your area.
    They may have the ability or know a local who can make them.

10. vagrant

vagrant High Miler GT Contributor

I think I remember somebody here putting on Rox risers by rerouting the cables.

11. Moonlightmile

Thanks for the tips and tricks! I’ll try and reroute them first

12. vagrant

I just looked at my III. I think by dropping a fork tube down just a bit below the top triple tree the cables / hose can be moved to the back side and that should give you plenty of room. let us know. It would be a good time to leave them 10 MM lower than stock too.

Mayakovski likes this.
  13. Moonlightmile

I’ll try it. I’d hate to have to disconnect the brake line

14. Mayakovski

What is the benefit of lowering the tubes in the yokes by 10mm?

15. Moonlightmile

Success! But not so much for me, as the handlebars I wanted to put on is 1” dia. Dammit. But the rerouting went well with lowering the forks

Mayakovski likes this.
  16. Mayakovski

Two steps forward, and one step backwards. At least it's progress. :cool:

17. vagrant

Well you're ready when u get the right ones.