• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cal 14 Tail Tidy Kit

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Our GTM 1400 Tail Tidy Kit (TTK) -- available >HERE<. This eliminates the bulky tag & tail light "tongue" and show off more of that rear tire. Made of stainless steel, sized for U.S. plates.
I recommend it with the plate surround tag light as seen >HERE< (or add the running/brake light version).
Price will be $64.95 + shipping -OR- you can buy the $200 Guzzi version at the bottom. Any takers?

GT Cal14TLELIM

Cal14 TailTidy

Do you think its possible to mount the plate on the side of the bike to show more of the tire? I've always dug that look on older bikes and wondered how it would look on a Cali 1400.

gsteffen19212 said:
Do you think its possible to mount the plate on the side of the bike to show more of the tire? I've always dug that look on older bikes and wondered how it would look on a Cali 1400.
Nothing that would be simple or cheap, but it could be done with enough interest. What might you pay for such an item?

On the original post above, I'll have some of these ready to ship end of this week. Just the bracket and hardware will be available, but I'll also offer an option for both the bracket and LED plate surround as shown below. Click on pic for order details;

Todd, had to slightly drill the corners of the number plate, overall fit is good and looks great
Jeff

IM3

Thanks Jeff, great to know it easily fits plates from Oz!

Guys, don't know if there's much interest in this, but I'm going to do a limited run as shown below. This eliminates the bulky tag & tail light "tongue" and show off more of that rear tire. Made of stainless steel, sized for U.S. plates.
I recommend it with the plate surround tag light as seen >HERE< (or add the running/brake light version).
Price will be $64.95 + shipping -OR- you can buy the $200 Guzzi version at the bottom. Any takers?

Todd - is there a complete list on this site or elsewhere that lists everything you offer, including items that you're considering developing for the Cal 14 Tour?

Todd - is there a complete list on this site or elsewhere that lists everything you offer, including items that you're considering developing for the Cal 14 Tour?
Either in this section, or you can see the online Store linked above or HERE. You can filter by model in each section.
Feel free to post about anything else you may be interested in. If it's feasible, I'll give my thoughts on if it's do-able or not.

It's hard to tell from the description and the picture, but is there lighting included in this to shine on the plate? Thanks!

So, the bracket (without the surround) is not lit?
That is correct. The stock tag light comes off with the stock fender extension, which is why I offer the LED surround for those who want a plate light.

I second the request for a side mount. I certainly understand style comes with a price tag <grin>
I am now offering a side mount bracket through my sister site HERE - though I'd say it would likely *require* for you to enlarge the lower shock mount bolt size to keep it in place.

Todd.

Would you consider offering a curved or flat mid fender lay down mount. Another improvement over the ridiculously complicated OEM after thought. Potentially making it a little easier to remove the rear wheel.

PS. As promised the fuel mod system offered on GT-Rx, has improved, and smoothed, throttle response on my '14 California Custom. As I replaced the front tire at about the same time I haven't really ridden much. The tire is now scrubbed and tomorrows weather looks conducive to a spirited mountain ride :) ...

Would you consider offering a curved or flat mid fender lay down mount. Another improvement over the ridiculously complicated OEM after thought. Potentially making it a little easier to remove the rear wheel.

I would consider it if there's enough interest. How would you like for it to be mounted? I just put this one online for most all twin shock bikes; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-rx-shock-mount-tag-bracket/

PS. As promised the fuel mod system offered on GT-Rx, has improved, and smoothed, throttle response on my '14 California Custom.
Excellent... enjoy!

I'd like to mount my plate a lot like the one in the picture posted in the registry by GMFCO of Colorado Springs.

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/attachments/20160916_105153-jpg.10972/

Only I'd mount it a little lower, with the bottom of the plate just above a line drawn across the place where the tail lights get resemble the noisy end of alphorn. Partly for looks and partly for clearance to mount the a rack I'm going to need for my pilgrimage to Malibu some year.

To mount the plate mount to the fender what do you think of a smallish, 2" x 2" square plate on the fender with tabs welded, and tabs, or a similar plate, welded to the back of the plate mount. The tabs being drilled to accept bolts for the flat bar stand offs.

I assume the above would need a 'gasket' of some durable flexible material, silicon, rubber etc., to stop the bracket tearing up the fender, and maybe a plate of some sort on the underside of the fender to spread the load and stop the bracket tearing a hole in the fender. Probably need a 'gasket' of some sort for the bracket on the underside of the fender too.

Keep in mind I'm not an engineer, have no idea what can be achieved with a CNC, or the economics of manufacturing a bracket and / or sourcing the 'gaskets'.

I think the curved bracket in the picture posted by GMFCO is very stylish. While there numerous similar offerings on many sites they're not GT-Rx offerings.

I'm open to donating a portion of any patent royalties to support GuzziTech.com :rofl:

I'd like to mount my plate a lot like the one in the picture posted in the registry by GMFCO of Colorado Springs.
Then you should just simply do exactly that... it's all done for you already!

I bought my bike last week and this was one of the first things I was looking at and wonderinghow to do. I agree lower on the fender between lights.

Back