• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cal 1400 Screen Options

When I had the 1400 I used a universal screen from: maier-mfg.com/catalog/stealth-shieldfairing
I did have to modify it to fit including heating & bending the lower wings & maybe even made some brackets.
It worked very well & was sorry I let it go with the bike.
%252F00527.jpg
Upload 2016 9 9 11 18 44

The big or WIDE screen is despite what they say in the catalogue approximately 1cm narrower than the standard Touring (medium) screen and roughly 7cm taller. It also costs about £70 less than the standard screen.

I am looking at installing a fly screen on my Eldorado. There is one for the Custom which has a similar physical mounting configuration to the Eldorado but in the accessories catalogue it is only shown for the Custom as Custom Flyscreen. There is a sport/short screen for the Eldorado which is common for all California 1400s....are they & the Flyscreen the same? What is the difference? Which one should I get?
Cheers

Happy to confirm the Sports Screen/Fly Screen MG part no: 2S000028 for the Custom fits perfectly to the Eldordo. Took about 30 minutes all up. I think it does a good job on the highways...delivers more than I thought it would....apart from a sporty look..:clap:
Cheers
PS: Photo attached

Attachments

• Eldo w Fly Screen.jpg
    Eldo w Fly Screen.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 69
When I had the 1400 I used a universal screen from: maier-mfg.com/catalog/stealth-shieldfairing
I did have to modify it to fit including heating & bending the lower wings & maybe even made some brackets.
It worked very well & was sorry I let it go with the bike.
%252F00527.jpg
View attachment 10929
Picked up one of these on closeout a few months ago for my 2014 California 1400 Custom. Didn't find it necessary to modify the plastic. Happy with the result, not so happy with their mounting arrangement while trying to install. Wound up scratching off half the paint on the mounting rods before arriving at a more permanent position. Bottle of black touchup and a brush took care of that though, and the price was certainly right... ;-)

Jim

I'm at the point where my fly screen on my 1400 Custom isn't tall enough for long tours and am looking for a full windscreen. I'm open to buying a used Guzzi touring screen (even the wide version), but would like to know if anyone's found any other decent aftermarket options?

I've noticed that helmet selection makes a big difference with buffeting. When I go with my Shoei GT-Air full face it's much reduced from other helmets, with my medium Guzzi screen. I'm going to add the lowers soon.

i just purchased my 2014 California 1400 touring last week and i must say its a pleasure to ride with one major issue, the wind buffeting above 85kmph. Feels like my vision is vibrating and having a concussion so I have to duck down forward under the visor. After much searching I've Found that im not the only one with this issue. I will be trying on with Laminar Lip along with the Lower deflectors to counter this issue. All your suggestions seem promising.
Ive tried changing the helmet only to experience like 10-15% less buffeting.
I'm 6 foot btw.

Will keep you updated.

I own a 2018 Eldorado and have tried an old windshield not much larger than the common fly screen , and although it
reduced wind buffeting , the wind noise ( even with a full face helmet ) was just too much for me to keep it on after it
warmed up a bit . So I'm quite interested in what members here find works for them . Peter

I own a 2018 Eldorado and have tried an old windshield not much larger than the common fly screen , and although it
reduced wind buffeting , the wind noise ( even with a full face helmet ) was just too much for me to keep it on after it
warmed up a bit . So I'm quite interested in what members here find works for them . Peter

I fitted the MG small screen (see my post and photo here - https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/medium-windshield-feedback.17646/#post-134169 ). It definitely reduces the strain on your shoulders and adds 20-40kph to what is a comfortable cruising speed, but it does introduce a bit of helmet turbulence (nothing major). The biggest difference is the wind noise, as it deflects air just under the helmet. I ride with ear plugs to deal with that. I'm also 5 ft 8. If I were 6ft, I'd be pretty much out of the turbulence altogether. I've tried lots of screens (some home made) and the smoothest air flow and quietest ride came with no screen at all. The strain on shoulders is too much however. I don't think anybody has achieved the holy grail yet

with the Lower deflectors to counter this issue. All your suggestions seem promising.
Ive tried changing the helmet only to experience like 10-15% less buffeting.
I'm 6 foot btw.

Will keep you updated.

Lower deflectors! I thought they were stock on the touring, but I may be mistaken. Buy them and install. The problem is air being allowed to come up UNDER the windshield and around the tank.

The Laminar Lip will also help, but try just the OEM lower deflectors first to see if that solves your problem. If not, THEN, spend the money on the Laminar Lip.

FYI, I am 6 ft tall also....

123172856 5110770755614578 6796196497935511244 n 61931961 3108353369189670 388699406485946368 o I bought a screen out of the UK . Broke it when I dropped my bike and made it in to this. Worked great!. But eventually wanted more protection and went with the full fairing.

Back