Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Cal 1400 Suspension Thread

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by GTM®, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Meldrew

Meldrew Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Although I did like the shrouded look of the originals it was a case of function over form for me. Can fault the shock factory units for looks or capabilities.

Attached Files:

2. Tonyblaze

Tonyblaze Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Getting mine in the mail next week. Can't wait.

3. edgeman55

edgeman55 Just got it firing! GT Contributor

Tony did you get your shocks yet and if so are you happy with them.I ordered mine around 5 weeks ago and really can't wait to get them as these stock rear shocks are pounding my back on the smallest of bumps in the road.I am at the point that I don't even want to ride until I can change them out.

4. edgeman55

edgeman55 Just got it firing! GT Contributor

Just got notification that my shocks will be here Friday.Can't wait to feel the new ride!

5. roadventure

roadventure GT Reference GT Famiglia

So they WERE on the Ever Given! :D

6. roadventure

roadventure GT Reference GT Famiglia

Why did you feel compelled to replace the stock units?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  7. Moto-Uno

Moto-Uno Cruisin' Guzzisti

^ To put it politely they're F**king awful ! Unless of course your roads are always smooth as a babies butt . Peter

8. Meldrew

Meldrew Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Yup have to agree. In the UK where we have numerous roundabouts and winding country roads they were an accident waiting to happen, glad to get rid.

9. JRH

JRH Just got it firing!

I see many of you are happy with the GTM 2WS Twin Shocks and I plan on ordering them. I am wondering if anyone has installed the Matris Fork Kit? I have not seen any reviews. I am on a bit of a budget, otherwise would go with the more expensive option. Just wondering if I should save up, or if the Fork Kit makes a decent difference.

Thanks!

10. Rickhinnz

Rickhinnz Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

I have both. Great value for money. Especially when you factor in currency conversion and freight for a distant island.

Front end now follows ripples and appears easier to turn in. But that could just be me.

Rear definitely better than stock and doesn’t bottom out.

Best of all you get them matched to your weight and riding style

11. JRH

JRH Just got it firing!

Thanks! Did you need the special tools (020951Y Stanchion support, 020888Y Pliers for pre-fill pipe) or were you able to accomplish this without. What fork oil did you use, or did you just use reccomended) - Also I don't see the quantity or measurement in the service station manual.

Thanks,

Jeff

12. Rickhinnz

Rickhinnz Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Oil is included in the fork kit.

Unfortunately I cant find my instruction guide so cant tell you how much is required.

I did need a tool to hold down the tube (020888Y) but you can get something similar on eBay for a fraction of the price.
    Without it it is a pain to get your spanner in to loosen the nut.