• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cal/audience 1400 front brake rotor specs

HarrierGod

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Happy Holidays Guzzisti!

I fitted a Cal 1400 front wheel to my V9 project and I’m trying to get the brakes finished over the Holidays. I don’t have a rotor available but all the images I can find online look like it’s 0 offset.

Can anyone verify the offset for a Cal/Audace rotor?

thanks!

Page 461 of the EBC brake catalog says that several of their rotors will fit the Cali 1400.

EBC Cali 1400 Front Rotors

Sorry, I should have said their US motorcycle catalog. The MD2003X is closest to the stock rotors but instead of black on my bike this rotor has a Gold hub.
This is a ~12 year old thread. So, EDIT: It looks like the MD2003X could work, yes; ebcbrakesdirect.com/motorcycle/moto-guzzi/1400-california/2013-2015/50854
None of my vendors are showing stock on them. Additionally, EBC has the track record of being cheap OEM replacements, and their HH pads extremely hard on brake disks. I raced on them personally in the early 90s, and always went back to stock until experiencing Brembo, and have never looked back since. The rotors I link above are made by a company that makes OEM rotors.

I have fitted EBCs in my workshop (on owner's request only), and they always come back unhappy.

Please read the paragraphs at the top of the page. Purchases from our online STORE linked above is important to supporting this website.

Brembo front rotors
Brembo front rotors Audace

It says 78B40888 will fit the Audace 2015-2017 and the Guzzi 2017-2018 Audace parts catalog says the part numbers are 887430 (Left) and 887439 (Right). The 2013-2014 Cali 1400 Guzzi part numbers or the same as the Audace.

It seems these will fit my 2014 Cali Touring.

I don't understand why Brembo doesn't list them as fitting the 2014 touring.

It says 78B40888 will fit the Audace 2015-2017 and the Guzzi 2017-2018 Audace parts catalog says the part numbers are 887430 (Left) and 887439 (Right). The 2013-2014 Cali 1400 Guzzi part numbers or the same as the Audace.
It seems these will fit my 2014 Cali Touring.
I don't understand why Brembo doesn't list them as fitting the 2014 touring.
OK, I can source these at a good price if you are interested... and I can put them on the online Store for purchase.
Since Brembo is NOT the OEM supplier, they most often will only show a listing for a model that their engineers have fitted in house. They do not take the time to cross-reference like you did. If they fit the Audace according to part #, they *should* fit all 1400 models. If you do purchase them elsewhere (as you likely will), please post if you fit them and they work. I'll make them available here on the site for purchase then.

I am in Austin Tx home of AF1 Racing so I bought stock rotors and thus avoid shipping costs. It seems like a good idea for the above Brembo rotors to be listed in your store.

If this second pair of OEM rotors turn out to be as poor as the originals on the bike then I will be back for you to source me those you linked above.

My bike's OEM rotors were bad before 10K miles.

My primary motivation in my search was to help the forum so I think I have accomplished that.

I appreciate your help, comments and store. Donate on its way.

Ken

Very welcome, thanks Ken. Do let me know if they fit as hoped once in, and I'll add them to the online Store.

I bought "stock" or OEM rotors from AF1 Racing. Maybe I wasn't clear.
Thanks, yes, I misread. I see now you said stock. I won’t list the Serie rotors until someone else confirms fitment, but I can get them for anyone willing to try them.

Back