Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

Cal1400 REGISTRY & Pics thread - ADD YOUR BIKE

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by GT-Rx®, Jul 22, 2013.

1. roadventure

roadventure High Miler GT Famiglia

Harry H likes this.
  2. Eldo1400

Eldo1400 Cruisin' Guzzisti

Thanks, Uss, and you are right. However, I just discovered the battery-draining power of "parking lights" on a motorcycle! Covered my bike in bright daylight after firmly locking the steering. OK, I should have noticed that feature, but wtf with parking lights on a motorcycle? Nice big battery, though, it's yanked and on my trickle charger lol. At least I get to clean up the terminals now.

Love the bike, though. Most of the features are great.

Harry H, you are now touched by the master, as is your bike.

3. Harry H

Harry H Tuned and Synch'ed

My wife thought I was touched a long time ago : )

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    Eldo1400, blakbird and John L like this.
  4. heyzeus

heyzeus Tuned and Synch'ed

2014 California touring, white, with top box rack, lower wind deflectors and Bridgestone tires. Stock otherwise as far as I can tell.
    What a cool bike. She is big and I have to watch myself in slow parking lot type stuff. She is not hard to handle but one must be more alert with such a big heavy machine when going slow. Once moving it feels like a different bike. Bought the Guzzi used with 7000 miles. Traded two Vespa scooters for her and a little cash.

Attached Files:

Eldo1400 likes this.
  5. Gary John

Gary John Just got it firing!

My newly purchased 2013 California with many options and only had 3,500k's on the clock. Look forward to traveling around Australia with this truly great bike. 20170415_171105.jpg

redrock, John L, Uss and 2 others like this.
  6. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Very nice, and that's my idea of a garage. I visited your city in '91 when my wife was on a 4 month exchange and stationed at Williamtown.
    What is that badge on the pannier? NSW Police?

Gary John likes this.
  7. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque High Miler GT Famiglia

That can't possibly be a garage! Garages are where you lubricate motorcycles. That place is obviously for "lubricating" Gary John & Friends! LOL. :rofl:

Gary John likes this.
  8. Garwood

Garwood Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

I had back surgery last summer and since then my wonderful Stelvio was just a little too tall and top heavy for me to feel comfortable with. So last Wednesday I took it to Moto International in Seattle and came away with one of their "Northwest Edition" Eldorados. I immediately hit the road with it for the ride back to Buffalo, Wyoming where I live. Much better now that I can firmly hit the ground with both feet.

The Eldo performed flawlessly on the way home and I only got rained on once. Being red it attracts a lot of attention when I stop somewhere. The two most often heard comments were, "That looks great! What is it?" and, "That looks great! I didn't know they made those anymore."

Yesterday it went on the lift for it's first service and tomorrow it goes to the county courthouse for a license plate. And in three weeks it goes to Grand Marais, Minnesota, for the state MG rally there.

It's going to be a good summer!
    Garwood.
    (ZGULV025GM200258)

IMG_20170527_131321667.jpg

BCarnage, John L, Uss and 3 others like this.
  9. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Congrats Gary, welcome to the GT Famiglia, and love to get your VIN# and other info for the first post of this thread. Post often!

10. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Man Gar, well congrats! Rolling on a MG is better than not, regardless of the model IMO... and the Eldo is pretty cool to boot.
    Thanks for the VIN#, and hope to see you again this Summer to get it running like you never imagined it could.
    Look forward to seeing much more from you here.

11. roadventure

roadventure High Miler GT Famiglia

Nice! It is hard to imagine that MG does not make an OEM accessory fitting bracket for the California bags on the Eldorado. It just seems like a "no brainer"....

12. Gary John

Hi Robert,
    Thanks for your comment on my man cave. It has taken just over 12 months to get it all together how I wanted it. The RAAF Base is undergoing major works getting ready for the new Joint Strike Fighter Jets coming soon, you wouldn't recognize the place now. The badge on the pannier is the same logo as used by the California Highway Patrol. I have made some checks online and will contact Guzzi Australia to find out if they know anything about the bikes history. It also has a " Police Edition" sticker on the side covers.

13. Gary John

Well Scott you are very right, there has been evenings of self and neighbors lubricating occurring in the garage.

scottmastrocinque likes this.
  14. caliman

caliman Tuned and Synch'ed

The valve covers you have there look particular shiny, did you chrome them?

15. Gary John

Hi, Yes they are the optioned chrome covers.

16. Uss

Uss Tuned and Synch'ed

G'Day Garwood.... welcome to the forum and a special welcome to the Red Eldo brotherhood. It is a gorgeous looking machine and rides equally well. This forum has gives fantastic support and then some......
    Safe rides....

17. Uss

Uss Tuned and Synch'ed

G'Day Gary & congratulations...great machine.....The Calis are smooth and true long distance runners. If you ride through Melbourne check the MG Club of Victoria website....there are regular gatherings and social sips.... Safe rides.

Gary John likes this.
  18. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque High Miler GT Famiglia

I want to be your neighbor!

So, discerning Guzzisti want to know, what is coming out of that lovely tap there in the background of your lovely ManCave? I know it isn't Extra Virgin Olive Oil or ENI 4T 10W-60 Pure Synthetic! :rofl:

Gary John and John L like this.
  19. Vintagehoarder

Vintagehoarder Tuned and Synch'ed

Corrected realized I grabbed the wrong number above back then.
    Vin# ZGULVC004EM200120
    2014 White Touring

Kentucky

DOP 6/11/15 Cadre Cycle MotoGuzzi of Cincinnati

GT-Rx® likes this.
  20. Gary John

At the present time I have a nice home made alcoholic ginger beer and a White Rabbit Dark Ale, my favorite.

roadscum and scottmastrocinque like this.