Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

Cal1400 REGISTRY & Pics thread - ADD YOUR BIKE

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by GT-Rx®, Jul 22, 2013.

1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Always fun seeing our friend @Garwood - he rode down from Wyoming for a PC-V tweak (well, and to see his daughter). Safe travels Gar.

16A8C08E-6C69-4EF0-9E25-D51520C7E817.jpeg

groundhog105 and John L like this.
  2. Garwood

Garwood Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Well, while I did see my daughter while in Southern Cal, my primary reason for coming was to have Todd "smooth off the rough edges" on the PC V and Autotune. And he really did! I always think the bike is running pretty well and then Todd hooks up the magic laptop and things improve further. Now it is really running like a champ and it's getting 3 to 4 more mpg on the highway, which is a big deal out here in the empty parts of the west. It's always a pleasure dealing with Todd! IMG_20180916_093445127_HDR.jpg

groundhog105 and GT-Rx® like this.
  3. groundhog105

groundhog105 Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Agree. Todd is a great resource.

4. Kevin Ballowe

Kevin Ballowe Tuned and Synch'ed

2017 California Touring
    Purchased May, 2018
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Richard Reed, Meldrew, Nick and 4 others like this.
  5. GT-Rx®

Congrats and welcome Kevin. Appreciate the pics too... mind posting your VIN# and the rest of the info for the first post of this thread? Just add as a reply below.

6. Kevin Ballowe

VIN: ZGULCUB08HM000077
    dop: 05/10/2018
    Dealer: Flying Tiger Motorcycles in Maplewood (St. Louis) Missouri

GT-Rx® likes this.
  7. Meldrew

Meldrew Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Purchased today :)
    California Eldorado
    First registered June 2017
    Location currently Peterborough United Kingdom.
    Vin no: ZGULVB000FM200238
    20181020_133954.jpg

8. Joe Chandler

Joe Chandler Tuned and Synch'ed

Joe Chandler
    2016 MG Audace

7087B63E-F445-436C-A96F-F3C38C341EB9.jpeg A77BB2FB-536C-4F1D-A2D9-26103F7749E7.jpeg

9. GT-Rx®

Congrats and thanks Joe, can you add your VIN# and other info for the first post of this thread?

10. Joe Chandler

Joe Chandler Tuned and Synch'ed

Robert Gibson and GT-Rx® like this.
  11. ScottES

ScottES Just got it firing!

Hi, I'm a new owner of the 2014 California 1400 Touring (model with ABS).
    I thought on certain mods to the bike, since for now, I will not be able to ride it for some time (health problem). First I decided to research things that require my attention and as a part of my research registered on your folks forum. So, here's my project.
    1. I wanted to replace my headlight with a Daymaker LED, or a similar less expensive yet quality alternative.
    2. Wanted to find out what's so special about wave rotors compared to the regular drilled brake discs. Can one really feel the difference when you install them? Do they need a kind of special pads to work with?
    3. What's the best way to protect chrome elements from scratches? What do you folks use to maintain chrome pieces on the bike?
    I appreciate any comments on these questions.
    Regards,
    Scott

DSC 215488.jpg

PaulDavies likes this.
  12. Kevin Ballowe

We also have a California Touring 1400

1. Ours has a great headlight. And factory spots. Haven't even thought of replacing it with something else
    2. Brakes are very good. Not sure how to improve on that. Brembo's. How can that be bad?
    3. I don't know how one would protect chrome from scratches, other than to be careful and tape everything up or cover itwhen working on the bike. First thing that we do with a new bike is to clean it and then put a couple coats of wax

Congratulations on your new bike !

:nod::nod::nod::nod:
    Here's a pic of our bike at the Cedar Vale, Kansas Moto Guzzi Rally
    [​IMG]

ScottES and John L like this.
  13. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

Scott, I suspect you have a 1400 Custom, not a Touring. It has touring equipment added, but the external oil reservoirs for the rear shocks suggest to me it's a Custom.

ScottES and GT-Rx® like this.
  14. GT-Rx®

Congrats and welcome. Do post your VIN# and related info for the first post of this thread.

Your questions are covered by Kevin above, but if you look around some on the posts here on the Forum, you'll get other info. Only way to protect cosmetic chrome is with a 3M type clear tape made for that application. Amazon carries it.

ScottES likes this.
  15. roadventure

roadventure High Miler GT Famiglia

Scott,

Agreed. You have a "Custom" with saddlebags other accessories added. I also have a 2014 Custom, dressed out as a "Touring". I agree with other's comments:

1) headlight is great!
    2) brakes are great!

Ride is for 10,000 miles. If you still think you need to change the headlight and brake rotor style, go for it! My bet is that you'll look for other ways to spend your money. :)

ScottES likes this.
  16. roadventure

roadventure High Miler GT Famiglia

Isn't funny that we look for ways to protect a protective coating? ;)

17. ScottES

ScottES Just got it firing!

I appreciate the warm welcome, folks. Also, thanks for taking your time to reply the noob questions.

1. As for the light, I guess I will just try replacing my bulb with something like Sylvania Silverstar or some good Philips bulb then. Since if everyone says the light is cool and it's pointless to look for something better, I believe I jut got the bike with a cheap bulb installed.

2. I am happy about the brakesI have, I was just wondering what is so special about wave rotors and why some people are so crazy about them. I was not going to install anything new, at least now, when mine are still okay.

3. About that chrome. It's just me being too picky about small things. Hate when something looks scratched, you know. So thought of a kind of protection to keep the chrome in good condition...

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  18. Dan Brooks

Dan Brooks Tuned and Synch'ed

19. Dan Brooks

Dan Brooks Tuned and Synch'ed

Vin#ZGULVC003EM112045 Dan Brooks -Gainesville, Ga. dop 11-?-18 from Simply Street Bikes Eden Prairie, Mn. Also 1984 Cali 2

20181211_131048.jpg

Kevin Ballowe, GT-Rx® and Meldrew like this.
  20. MikeT68

MikeT68 Just got it firing!

KIMG0464.JPG VIN#ZGULCU003GM200110. Mike Taylor, Johns Island South Carolina. Date of purchase: 11-28-18. Northridge Cycles, Charleston SC

PaulDavies and GT-Rx® like this.