Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Cal1400 REGISTRY & Pics thread - ADD YOUR BIKE

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by GTM®, Jul 23, 2013.

1. TravelinPawPaw

TravelinPawPaw Tuned and Synch'ed

Hello All,
    Just purchased my first Moto Guzzi, a 2017 California Touring today, with 750 miles on it. All original, with no modifications or added accessories except the passenger backrest.

6887B66E-C8F0-4B43-BB24-7D11BFD92217.jpeg

2. Sasazuka

Sasazuka Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Nice looking bike. Hope she gives you many happy miles.

3. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Congrats and welcome to the Famiglia and GT Forum. Hope you'll add the VIN# and related for the first post of this thread, otherwise hope to see you here often!

4. TravelinPawPaw

VIN#ZGULCUB0XHM000033 - Bill Greenwade - Granbury, TX - DOP 7/21/21 - MJ Cycles, Fort Worth, TX

GTM® likes this.
  5. BigL

BigL Just got it firing!

Sasazuka, Meldrew, John L and 2 others like this.
  6. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque Scott Mastrocinque GT Famiglia

Now that’s a neat pair! Congratulations.

Did you or someone cut out the baffles?

7. BigL

BigL Just got it firing!

Thank you!

I cut those out myself but...Got a pair of carbon agostinies on order. The gutted pipes are just weirdly (turbulent to the ears) loud inside of the helmet. I prefer them better than stock no doubt but might as well finish it off with the carbon cans I thought.

8. 2manybikes

2manybikes Just got it firing!

Hello MG world. Joined a guzzitech a few days ago, but now have the '14 Cali Custom home. Fits me great and rode flawlessly for the 65 mile ride home. My first MG, but I've had multiple versions of the vintage Honda twisted twin. Most of my bikes are neglected projects that need resurrection. For the MG I hope the wrenching is limited to normal maintenance (oil changes, brake fluid, tires, etc.)

Valve train on my Cali is a little noisy beyond tappet noise I hear on other bikes, but I guess that's par for the MG course. Currently has the touring seat, but I have the normal seat along with luggage racks, back rest, windscreen, and top case. One of the previous owners bought a bunch of touring accessories (no side bags) and never used them. The top case has never been mounted.

The baffles from the Agostini pipes were removed and lost. If anyone has a set they no longer want, i'd be happy to buy them.

Details
    2014 California Custom with 3052 miles on it at purchase.
    VIN ZGULVC013EM111986

PXL_20210829_185634747.jpg PXL_20210829_185740943.jpg PXL_20210829_195643789.jpg

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  9. BigL

BigL Just got it firing!

Congrats and welcome to MG fam. Bike looks sweet! Are the pipes too loud for your preference without the baffles in?

10. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque Scott Mastrocinque GT Famiglia

Welcome!

Agostini will sell you replacement baffles. Contact them via email in Italy directly via their website. with detailed pics of your exhaust for identification.

agostinimandello.com

They understand English.

You are looking for replacement “DB KILLER X SILENZIATORI CALIF 1400”

about €25 Euros

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  11. 2manybikes

I've already contacted them, but they are currently out of stock. I was just seeing if anyone on the forum had a spare pair.

12. 2manybikes

Without the baffles they are louder than my other bikes, but not too loud for me. That being said, the wife is not a fan of loud bikes and I promised her I would get the baffles. Fair trade for bike #7 and an impulse purchase.

13. moparnut72

moparnut72 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

These big block MGs make a lot of tappet noise, you will get used to it. Enjoy your new Ride. MGs are a unique experience, I love both of mine.
    kk

TravelinPawPaw and 2manybikes like this.
  14. 2manybikes

Following up on the agostini baffles, they came back in stock earlier this week. I ordered them on Wed and they arrived on Friday. Total cost was $100USD, with about $40 of that being shipping at the cheapest level.

Easy to install with circlip pliers and a screwdriver to make sure the clips were fully seated. No -remap required, ran great, and brought the db's to a reasonable level.

scottmastrocinque and John L like this.
  15. William H.

William H. Just got it firing! GT Contributor

[​IMG] Hello all
    Here is my 2014 Cali with 8100 miles on the speedo.
    I bought it last Monday and drove it home from the sellers house ( 50 miles ) to which it broke down on the side of the interstate ( 40amp fuse kept blowing ) and I managed to tip it over while sitting on side of interstate ( no damage ) and then got monsooned on less than 5 miles from home! Other then that, so far I really like the bike ;)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  16. Sasazuka

Sasazuka Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Very nice
    She's treating you mean to keep you keen.

William H. likes this.
  17. TravelinPawPaw

Beautiful! Any idea why the 40amp fuse was blowing?

18. William H.

William H. Just got it firing! GT Contributor

No
    I blew two of them before I limped into a Auto store and out of desperation I installed a new battery and its been fine since???. Today I went ahead and clipped off the one Alt wire that Guzzi had a TB out on so I'll just see whats happens from there

19. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Congrats and thanks for posting Brian. Upload the pics via our server per; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/picture-uploads-gt-storage.17093/ -- or send to me direct email; info @guzzitech.com
    Also fantastic on selling your Mille via the Classifieds here(!). Enjoy the 1400, and hope to see you here posting often. The fuel kit delivers an impressive gain and much cooler running, even on a bone stock bike.

20. Brian Stoller

Brian Stoller Just got it firing! GT Contributor

2016 Eldorado VIN# ZGULVC029GM200070
    St Louis, MO
    Had it about a year now . Bought site-unseen from Gateway Cycles, Kentucky - It had some ~ 300 miles on it.
    Sold my 1990 Mille GT to fund the purchase ( sold via a GuzziTech For Sale posting)

Attached is a side and rear view and also bonus pic of my (soon to be) parents bike when they 1st meet in College ( Alfred, NY ) ( and Indian? or a Harley? .. I thinks this was their late 40's Indian ) The Dalmatian "Cubby" in the pic was super smart and it always loved to ride with them ..I was told sitting on Moms lap (. .. kinda tight on space )

I've posted info in a GuzziTech article re: DIY AdWare velocity sensing brake lights and turn signals
    that I added to my rear top bag and also another posting re: a custom seat I created to give me some more room to stretch
    as the Eldo was to low and wide for me stock. I've updated the rear shocks to Matris and about to do the same on the front.
    One day I will get Todd's fuel system as soon as soon as I can swing it. ..
    I'm more interested in running cooler than ramping up the performance.

Stay upright an no sudden stops!
    Cheers, Brian

DadsBikeandWonderDog-Cubby.jpg 2016Eldo-RightSide.jpg 2016RearEldoView.jpg

John L and GTM® like this.